Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Festivals

Rockness this weekend. Boost!

...as long as it stops raining before then.

Anyone know how thorough they are with their searches at the gate? i.e. how can a get some booze in with me??

Forecast for Inverness this weekend looks really good.

Are you camping?  You can take as much booze as you can carry into the campsite, but you'll have difficulty getting any into the arena (whether you are camping or not).

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecast for Inverness this weekend looks really good.

Are you camping?  You can take as much booze as you can carry into the campsite, but you'll have difficulty getting any into the arena (whether you are camping or not).

Yeah I am camping. Thank feck they have relaxed the "one trip from the carpark" rule. What crazy mofo thought that'd be a good idea!?

Will maybe try taping a bag of wine around my waist or something!

You're not allowed to go back to your car until you leave though, so I'm not sure if that means one trip or not.

They've relaxed that, you can go back to your car all day Friday, and until lunchtime on Saturday.  (see news page on Rockness website)

Think their licence conditions this year has been affected by the boy that died in the car park last year.

Where can I find some sort of timetable for Rockness? Are these usually available before hand like TITP ones seem to be or do you just have to get one there??

Probably won't appear before the event but I'm keeping an eye out.

You might have to cough up for a timetable to put round your neck (£6 last year).

Looking forward to this weekend, if I get off the rig on time (due home today but doubt I'll even get off tomorrow) - Got Neil Diamond on Thursday as a warm up for rockness too.   :hammer:

Still stuck offshore so missing Neil Diamond now.  Better get home before Friday or I'll nae be happy.  :-[

Rockness was brilliant, and the weather was fantastic.

I saw heaps of bands.  Stand outs for me were Digitalism, The Orb, Soulwax, Does It Offend You Yeah? and CSS.  Pete and the Pirates were good.

Its a cracking hassle-free festival, probably the best in Scotland. (miles better than T in the Park for location, atmosphere, Ned count, drink and food options).

2n07uqv.jpg

CSS:

34pxp3o.jpg

The Orb:

23hqelf.jpg

Real Ale Bar:

xw1om.jpg

:thumbsup:

They were playing but clashed with somebody else I wanted to see (Digitalism).  I don't think they are my cup of tea after all!

they are playign that cheapo festival yer going to, something calling. Go see them they will be good, have faith son.

Cracking weekend. Weather couldn't of been better which obviously made a huge difference. Was looking like a bit of a lobster yesterday though!

The highlights for me were The Dykeenies and Does It Offend You Yeah?

DIOYY? wouldn't usually be my cup of tea but went in to see them whilst a few mates just gouched on the grass and they were superb.

Even doing a dump in the toilets was an enjoyable experience. Great festival.

:beers:

My festival fun this weekend is a free Eastern European music festival on the South Bank in London.

COIN STREET FESTIVAL

BERNIE SPAIN GARDENS, SOUTH BANK, LONDON SE1 (NEXT TO OXO TOWER WHARF)

1:00 – 7:00 PM

FREE

TRABAND / CZ

TRIGON / RO

TERNE CHAVE / CZ

CHIKI LIKI TU A / SK

KAMPEC DOLORES / HU

VRBOVSKÃ VÃ?AZI / SK

LONDON GYPSY ORCHESTRA / UK

THE COMPLAINER & THE COMPLAINERS / PL

DJ PENNY METAL / UK

DJ RUSS JONES / SK

KAMPEC DOLORES / HU

DJ TOFOWSKI / UK

Na zdrowie the noo!  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Belladrum Festival...

http://www.tartanheartfestival.co.uk/music.asp

Anyone ever been? Sounds like it's a pretty cool festival and think I might try and persuade a few mates to go. Line-up looks pretty good Idlewild, Cage the Elephant, Sergeant & The Holloways  :thumbsup:

I've been, its a great wee festival with an excellent and very friendly atmosphere.  I'm not going this year as I think its a disgrace that Scouting for Girls are headlining but there's still a few decent acts on.

I've been, its a great wee festival with an excellent and very friendly atmosphere.  I'm not going this year as I think its a disgrace that Scouting for Girls are headlining but there's still a few decent acts on.

Belladrum is more about the atmosphere than the bands.  To be honest the only act thats playing that i want to see is col war kids, the rest looked pretty average.  Going to go to loopalu instead this year, heard a rumour that the furries might be headling which would actually make me rather aroused.

Rock ness was the tits though, best weather i've ever had for a festival and saw some brilliant acts.  probably the stand out was the crystal method and hadouken.  Did go see css and underworld but pulled a 6ft blonde and was somewhat distracted so couldnt really tell you what they were like  ;D