Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Flags at Hampden

FYI

Just been told that no large flags will be allowed into Hampden unless you can prove they are made of fire proof material and have a fire safety certificate. This means no flags will be allowed in as its more of less impossible to get a fire certificate.

This is the same for Scotland games.

FYI

Just been told that no large flags will be allowed into Hampden unless you can prove they are made of fire proof material and have a fire safety certificate. This means no flags will be allowed in as its more of less impossible to get a fire certificate.

This is the same for Scotland games.

Does this go for flags our size?

Got it into the QotS game with no problems

Does this go for flags our size?

Got it into the QotS game with no problems

Aye, our Scotland one is the same size and is deemed to big.

I got DD to bring up the flag fire safey certificate with the relevant person when they met. Going on the email JM knew of my concerns and just agreed to Hampden rules, even though he knew no flags would have a certificate. My suggestion for the flags were to be draped over empty seats and not be near people casing a risk, was adopted but only if you had a fire certificate  ::)

I just email JM.  He initially replied and said it was ok but need a fire certificate.  When I said we don't have one but can't see the thing spontaneously combusting, and presumably made from fire retardant stuff he said speak to a steward.

How the fuck do you get a fucking fire certificate anyway? And surely the issue should be folk having fire in a no smoking stadium rather than flags.  When has a flag ever fucking caught fire?

The Flag Policy for Hampden on Instructions of Hampden PLC and Strathclyde Police is that flags on I meter canes and Large flags which must be made of fire retardant material; and certified re same will be allowed. The Large flags should not obstruct passageways or advertising boards. Large flags can be place over the unoccupied seats in Sections B6 - B8.or as directed by the Stewards.

Still no clarification on how you get a fucking certificate.

Maybe I'll draw one up on Paint tonight

Problem is if you unfurled your flag and then were asked to take it down and you handed the steward a fire safety certificate which option do you think you would find as a response;

a. Oh I'm terribly sorry sir, carry on then

or

b. Just take it down and shut your mouth if you want to see the game son.

Pointless trying to get around the rules, they will either let you or not depending on how they feel and it will have fuck all to do with a fire certificate.

Problem is if you unfurled your flag and then were asked to take it down and you handed the steward a fire safety certificate which option do you think you would find as a response;

a. Oh I'm terribly sorry sir, carry on then

or

b. Just take it down and shut your mouth if you want to see the game son.

Pointless trying to get around the rules, they will either let you or not depending on how they feel and it will have fuck all to do with a fire certificate.

But they look so offical:

firecert.jpg