Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Russell Anderson - Just a bit of fun ...

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont think there's any doubt he could still do a job for us, however you've got to leave sentimentality aside when dealing with such an issue. That's why I wouldn't be in favour of 'pulling out all the stops', he would be an investment, nothing else. As much as I worshipped him when he was here and thought he'd go on to wow the EPL with his Beckenbaur-like awesomeness, there's no point in breaking the wage structure for him.

He definitly could still do a job for us. I could see him being keen for a move back to scotland-he got found out big time down south

That's perhaps a wee bit harsh, got very little game time under Roy Keane plus bad luck with injuries and still put in decent shifts at Plymouth and Burnley, in particular helping the latter get promoted. I still believe that, given a run of games, he could have made it in the Premier at his peak, although that might be a little red-tinted of me.

I could see him being keen for a move back to scotland-he got found out big time down south

I've been told reliably he's not looking at moving back to Scottish football in a playing-sense EVER. My extremely reliable source has said Russell's looking at retiring very very soon (within the next 2 years), and heading back to the Granite City to start a career in the investment sector.

I chose "unsure". I'm sure he'd still be able to do an awesome job for us. But we don't need defenders. If we're gonna "pull out all the stops", I'd prefer it to be on a decent striker or attacking midfielder.