Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Site Upgrades

Reekie_Red

The site has undergone a major upgrade today. As such, you'll notice some things in different places, and some things don't exist whatsoever (such as the arcade scores, sorry!).

I'll gradually be bringing the different features of the site back online over the next 2 days, bit by bit. But if you notice any niggling problems, report them on this thread, or email me on reekie_red at hotmail.com

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. I've not added the youtube embedding yet. And I'm still utilising the standard quick-reply, rather than the advanced one that includes smileys etc.

These will be gradually added back on over the next day or two. Something that is a priority is the realtime chat. The software I've been using so far (X7 Chat) hasn't been updated by the developers in over a year and is now no longer compatible with the new forum software I've just installed.

Currently looking at alternatives, and I hope to have a new chatroom in place for the Motherwell match kickoff

Good show.  8)

Yup. I've not added the youtube embedding yet. And I'm still utilising the standard quick-reply, rather than the advanced one that includes smileys etc.

These will be gradually added back on over the next day or two. Something that is a priority is the realtime chat. The software I've been using so far (X7 Chat) hasn't been updated by the developers in over a year and is now no longer compatible with the new forum software I've just installed.

Currently looking at alternatives, and I hope to have a new chatroom in place for the Motherwell match kickoff

• 2 weeks later...
It's Ace-ik, min!!!

Ace-ik? Would ye go as far as to say it's doss-ik?

Being honest, I actually tested the newer software out considerably on a test version of DonsTalk that I have set up on a different server and everything works fine from my testing. But the things that are cropping up are things I simply wasn't able to test on my own, so decided to launch the new software on the running version of DonsTalk and iron out any issues as you guys find them.

Ace-ik? Would ye go as far as to say it's doss-ik?

Being honest, I actually tested the newer software out considerably on a test version of DonsTalk that I have set up on a different server and everything works fine from my testing. But the things that are cropping up are things I simply wasn't able to test on my own, so decided to launch the new software on the running version of DonsTalk and iron out any issues as you guys find them.

Was it not possible to implement one new feature at a time?

Was it not possible to implement one new feature at a time?

Yes. But in order to upgrade the site to the new software version, I had to disable almost all the little tools, addons and features moments before upgrading. After upgrading the site I reenabled most of the tools, but despite testing these successfully on the test-site, it's only once the site is in use by you guys that the issues are starting to appear.

For example, there's heaps of features that I don't use on a regular basis (some not at all!) that I know some of you do use. So testing the new software was only really achievable by getting you guys to point out any problems you're having.

Yes. But in order to upgrade the site to the new software version, I had to disable almost all the little tools, addons and features moments before upgrading. After upgrading the site I reenabled most of the tools, but despite testing these successfully on the test-site, it's only once the site is in use by you guys that the issues are starting to appear.

For example, there's heaps of features that I don't use on a regular basis (some not at all!) that I know some of you do use. So testing the new software was only really achievable by getting you guys to point out any problems you're having.

Cool.