Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Team GB

I see that SFA have caved in on Team GB.

Begining of the end of  national team.

Wonder if Gordon Smith has been been promised a seat on FA board for selling us down the river. Mind you once a hun always a hun.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that SFA have caved in on Team GB.

Begining of the end of  national team.

Wonder if Gordon Smith has been been promised a seat on FA board for selling us down the river. Mind you once a hun always a hun.

Can't see it being the end of the national team.

Can you see the FA's of all the countries folding?

Especially England?

Not overly worried about it.

Guest Nellie The Don

Makes no difference to my life.  Other scots compete under the flag GB so what difference should it make if the football team does as well.  Lets sing together.

There wouldn't be any scottish players in a GB team.

It is just England, calling themselves Great Britain.

Good decision imo.

I'd fully support a 'British Lions' but for football. I doubt i'd be as passionate as I am for the Scotland team, but i'm up for it.

There's also no way they could get rid of 3 FA's to make one league, if it came to that, it would probably be the beginning of the break-up of the UK.

Good decision imo.

I'd fully support a 'British Lions' but for football. I doubt i'd be as passionate as I am for the Scotland team, but i'm up for it.

There's also no way they could get rid of 3 FA's to make one league, if it came to that, it would probably be the beginning of the break-up of the UK.

, british lions  team !! well said dave, dont think it would be the end of a scottish national team ???

Agreed Dave - but i hate all the pros turning up at the olympics - thought it was meant for amateurs. to save all the "there wouldn't be a scottish person ine the team" etc stuff - why not have a selection of welsh league, northern irish, junior and conference players having a big trial overlooked by a couple of managers and a squad selected from that - a bit like how your counties team got selected at school level! Always riled me the fact that the rules changed to an age thing to accommodate pro players

Guest Nellie The Don

Given the disrespect that supporters and players of certain (old firm and jambo) 'scottish' clubs which I shall not name are willing to show to the scottish national team, I have absolutely no qualms in saying (or singing)...

YOU CAN SHOVE YER BRITISH FOOTBALL UP YER ARSE!

Yes, I know this needs work as it seems to damn us too, in the same way as the arabs singing 'we fucking hate dundee', but I'm sure you all understand the sentiment.

As far as I'm concerned, IN FOOTBALLING TERMS, England are the enemy and the thought of any move to unite with them turns my stomach.

• 2 years later...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3970295/Scotland-star-Jamie-Mackie-Id-love-to-play-for-Team-GB-at-the-London-2012-Olympics.html

Scotland star Jamie Mackie: I'd love to play for Team GB

JAMIE MACKIE last night became the first Scotland star to reveal he wants to play for Great Britain at the Olympics.

The Scottish FA are strongly against their players taking part in a GB football team at London 2012.

They believe it poses a long-term threat to their independent membership of FIFA if Scots are picked.

The Northern Irish and Welsh FA also want no part in the games, although the three associations did sign a letter in 2009 to enable England to represent Team GB.

But QPR striker Mackie, 26, admits he would relish the chance to be involved in the city where he plays his club football.

He said: "Obviously to be a part of it would be amazing.

"I can't talk for any other player apart from myself, it's down to the individual, but I'm sure players would be happy to play in that team.

"The way I see it is I would be representing Scotland but in the GB team. If I'm not picked I'll be there as a spectator."

Mackie is a relative newcomer to the international scene, having made his Scotland debut in 2010 against the Czech Republic.

The Dorking-born forward qualifies for Scotland through his grandfather and has scored two goals in four appearances.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...