Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Protest on Saturday 11th April

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A group of AFC fans are organising a protest against Jimmy Calderwood and the management team at AFC.

They plan to meet at the Broadhill bar at 12.00 ahead of the home tie against Inverness Caledonian Thistle on the 11th of April, with a demonstration scheduled to take place at 2pm.

Will you be joining in or do you think this is a terrible idea? Have your say on the AFC Chat message board.

Best Regards

The AFC Chat Team

Stand Free!

I'm not, and I personally think its a disgrace having it before such an important game.  If there is a protest, it should be after the game.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiots.

Before that match we could be 2 points off of 3rd place and after it we could leapfrog Hearts.

Who the fuck would want to manage our club if the protesters got their wish?

Idiots.

Good points ST.

I remember the protests outside the front door when Smiffy was on the brink.  That was after a game, and folk went round because they'd just seen us lose another game we shouldn't have lost and the blood was pumping and the adrenaline was going.  Would the sense of urgency have been there before the match?  Not a chance. And I actually think their protest, if it does occur, may whimper out into a few "Get tae fuck Jimmy" and "Jimmy Isn't God!" type chants.

If they do it, and we win, they may look rather stupid should any press or media pick up on it. If they do it, and we win, and they still get their wish, as ST says, it could turn potential employees away from us.

In saying that, if they do it, and we win, they can do it every fucking week as far as I'm concerned if it means we win!  :thumbsup:

Idiots.

Before that match we could be 2 points off of 3rd place and after it we could leapfrog Hearts.

Idiots.

Alternatively we could be one point above the bottom six and be on a run of 11 games with 1 win. The match on Saturday will make or brake any kind of protest and that is in in the team/Calderwoods hands. Cant see many fowk wanting to leave the pub to stand outside the ground though.

Not exactly enamoured with the team at the moment, but this just seems stupid.

Can't imagine where it originated from...

But I did also get an email from a certain reactionary football website...

Fuck that.

Mon the Dons and get tore intae them!

The tide must turn...

Can't imagine where it originated from...

I suspect a twat (probably from the Aberdeen journals) was under pressure to write something that could pass for a piece of spin because the 'burley to be sacked after draw/defeat' story he finished at 2pm yesterday so he could go to the pub for the rest of the day fell through, so he starts a rumour and uses contacts amongst the various AFC message boards to atempt to give it some sort of credibility.

This rumour is hardly original since there have been various posts about possible protests (usually written in jest) but bugger me if it isnt a case of hook, rod, line, sinker and copy of Angling times because this little thread has materialised on here and the only surprising thing is the BBC havent stuck a badly written, poorly spelled 'exclusive' on their SPL section.

If none of the tabloids pick up this up (and throw in a little reference to a toaster) then I may have to re-evaluate my opinion on mankind.

But you lot carry on.  :thumbsup:

As another famous Willie once famously said...

"The dandies doth protest too much, methinks."

What a bunch of fucking plebs.  Don't ever email me with such shite ever again.

Here's a radical thought. Why don't we just wait and see what happens first?

and

Idiots.

Idiots.

:clap:

I was asked for an opinion, I gave an opinion [ copy and pasted ]. Its headed to be a total non event with even the organisers creaming themselves at the prospect that they might get the massive total of 100 folk there ;D

Ok invited to pass an opinion/view so going to give one.

The idea of a protest pre match is frankly ridiculous in my humble opinion, particularily before a game that is in all reality is likely going to be crucial to our chances of being in the top six post split.

If you want to protest, and certainly have the right to do so if you choose so, then surely it makes more sense to do this post match. Just can't get my head around what you hope to achieve doing it at 2pm pre match

Expecting to be shot down in flames for this, but hey ho, thick skinned enough to take it on the chin.