Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Formula One

manc_don

Looks like an awesome start to this season! Great to see if back on BBC :D

Brawn GP look like they are going to give the establishment a good run for their money! Hopefully this will be the season we get to see what the real Jenson Button is made of and whether or not he has the skills to win a couple of rases.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked Jenson, so I'd rather he didn't win it...

I think Kubica has got a great opportunity, not just for this race but for the season. He's an excellent young driver and not always with the best car. Good to see the new Brawn team doing well already too.

They've pretty much got the best Engineer and race strategist in Ross Brawn who was very much the man behind Schumachers reign as world champion.

F1 back on the BBC where it belongs, I hope they've not hired that irritating twat Blundell?

Hamilton has been excluded from the Australian GP results for deliberately misleading stewards!  :o

;D

Ooft! So does that mean everyone else gets bumped up one?

Trulli has been given 3rd back so im guessing 5th-9th move up one spot since Hamilitin finshed 4th

Actually, Hamilton's really been a naughty boy here.

Martin Brundle's comments on the BBC website:

"This does not look good for Hamilton or McLaren.

Hamilton passed Trulli as he was off the road. Hamilton clearly wondered then, to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he had passed under the safety car conditions and was trying to let Trulli back through.

"There was a point when he was doing just 15mph in his McLaren and Trulli had no option but to repass him.

"I think Lewis then saw half a chance of a third place instead of a fourth, went up to the stewards and didn't give them the full story.

"Now they've matched up his comments (to them) to radio content between him and the team, and other information they've gathered, and they've decided that effectively he was telling fibs.

"I think it's a big issue and it's not going to go away. If they were asked a direct question they should have given the right answer, and they clearly didn't."

That's blatant cheating, on a par with Schumacher!

Hamilton's side of the story:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74202

He's basically admitted to cheating, albeit on the advice of Dave Ryan who has now been suspended by McLaren.

I think McLaren have brought the sport into disrepute and there should be further action taken.

What a fucking cunt. Quite liked Hamilton and was happy he won last season until all the "my car isn't as quick as the others" shite he came away with.

F1 stinks. I'm not sure you can even call it a 'sport' anymore such is the level of corruption and unsporting behaviour on show.

I'm not surprised though with scumbags like Ecclestone and Mosley in charge!

:lolabove:

Anyway, Button had a stormer of a qualification round! Pole again. Why was Barrichello moved to eigth on the grid? I missed most of the qualifiers. Vettel amused me in the conference afterwards, I don't sweat cos i'm still young! I just thought he looked like a german SS man.

:lolabove:

Anyway, Button had a stormer of a qualification round! Pole again. Why was Barrichello moved to eigth on the grid? I missed most of the qualifiers. Vettel amused me in the conference afterwards, I don't sweat cos i'm still young! I just thought he looked like a german SS man.

Changed a gearbox in between both races I think, which is a 5 place penalty on the grid.

I just hope Button's car is entirely legal and gets passed this appeal hearing coming up (next week?).

Whats with the commentator trying to sound like Murray Walker, was doing my nut in!

I'm rather glad all the moneys fallen out of F1, much more entertaining this year (sofar anyway) I just hope it's the same case with Rallying and BTCC. Fingers crossed anyway,

I'm rather glad all the moneys fallen out of F1, much more entertaining this year (sofar anyway) I just hope it's the same case with Rallying and BTCC. Fingers crossed anyway,

Completely agree, I hope Button and Brawn keep it up, and it was good to see Red Bull looking quite strong this season too. Thought Kubica had a great season last season, definitely one to watch this season.

Wasn't there fears that the British Rallying season might not happen with loads of teams pulling out?

Wasn't there fears that the British Rallying season might not happen with loads of teams pulling out?

Yeah, but i'm hoping all the manufacturers dropping out will lead to lots of small independent teams creating a great season! But I was reading that Prodrive were gonna have a team running the new Impreza? I'd like them to do well.

Just have to wait and see...

Disappointing end to the Malaysian GP.  I thought it was a cracking race and was very unpredictable with everybody gambling on tyres.

Button looked good again though, after a poor start.

I know I was thinking the same. There was a lot of overtaking today which was great, then the weather came and spoiled it all. Absolutely crazy idea having it carried out at such a late time of the day. In hindsight, that extra hour cost them big time! Those final two laps that Button did were at some pace.

I was going to get up to watch it and only properly woke up just before it was stopped. Got up early for nothing. Was quite pissed off.

:lolabove: It was bloody annoying that it got called off! Was not happy in my hangover status. One thing I will say though, how nice is it not to have advert breaks!  :thumbsup: