Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Craig Burley

Guest Nebitdag

Look at the forwards in the SPL....

Boyd - good finisher, but lazy and immobile

Miller - runs around a lot, but zero composure

Bednar, Hunt, Elliot, Homo, Crawford, Dargo, Beattie etc...

In fact the only ones as good as the Brew are probably Vinegar of Hasselbaink and to an extent, McDonald of Well.

I thought Brewster was good at winning the ball in the air, and receiving the ball and then playing a pass to someone quickly after that.

As soon as he tried to run or take someone on, he looked like a 40 year old man.

I think it is harsh to say that he was outplaying Miller, Mackie and Lovell at EVERYTHING.

That said, Lovell had a poor game I thought, Miller and Mackie weren't on for that long, but I didn't think either played that badly.

I thought Lovell was doing OK, he was looking lively and it was a very unpopular decision with the support to take him off.

In saying that, Motherwell were winning the battles and bringing on Mackie gave us a bit more bite and even Miller looked up for it when he came on.

Starting to look like we have genuine competition for striking places now.

Brewster has been outplaying most of the strikers in the SPL (for workrate anyway) for years though. Its not just our strikers. each striker brings something different. Lovell is by far the most accomplished, but drifts in and out of games. Mackie has pace and determination, but lacks composure. Miller has good control and is good in the air, but is a bit powder puff for a big lad. On a cold Tuesday night in a scrappy SPL match it isnt that surprising that they Dog of War is the best striking option.

Guest swaddon

A lot of people laughed when JC signed Brewster, but he seems to have done a good job for us so far. If he stays fit until the end of the season, he could be a vital weapon in our fight for a European place.

Brewster was soo shocking it was un bearable, considered going for a wonder about the stadium so i would miss his awful touches and attempted flick ons.

A couple of shandy's too many was it?

Brewster had a very good game.