Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Kowalski

Worcester, Burton-on-Trent, Dublin, Edinburgh’s Princes Street Gardens, Wigan, Dover.........

Hud me back.   ;D

You'd seriously complain if the BBC said to you "Here's a couple of hundred grand. Now I know this will be difficult for you but... We'd like you and your mate to go around Britain getting lashed"

Although maybe it would seem crap after previously being asked "We'd like you and your mate to go round France and California getting lashed on wine."

You'd seriously complain if the BBC said to you "Here's a couple of hundred grand. Now I know this will be difficult for you but... We'd like you and your mate to go around Britain getting lashed"

Although maybe it would seem crap after previously being asked "We'd like you and your mate to go round France and California getting lashed on wine."

To be fair, I'm sure the first few days would be a laugh but the UK seriously lacks any diversity these days.  Take a walk down practically an highstreet and you could easily mistake it for any other city.

"Right Oz, where we drinking today?"

"How about All-Bar-One?"

"Nah, we did that yesterday, fancy a couple at or the Wetherspoons instead?"

"Aye, magic"  ;)

Back on topic:

I decided a year or so ago that tv was a huge waste of time.  I mean that's old news and I'm sure we probably all agree with that, but I actually decided to switch it off more or avoid channels.

Other than documentaries or the news stations where I might actually learn something other than 'Box 2 is worth 20p' or sport, I've only really been watching films and downloaded tv series.

MTV doesn't even bother to show music these days and there's only so many people hurting themselves on skateboards or Sweet Sixteen birthday parties you can watch before you buy a scoped rifle and slot some fuckers.

I've mostly been watching the first series of The Wire through Virgin's On Demand service.

This programme has been hyped up a lot and I really fancied it, but can't say i'm overly impressed with it. It's good enough to watch it through to the end, but there is a real cheesy feel to some of it... ie the maverick cop, the cop who has been stashed away in some back office for 20 years but it turns out he's Bergerac, Columbo and Crocket & Tubbs all rolled into one, and some of the writing is a bit too stereotypical Yank cop drama fare.

Has anyone watched the later series' at all?

I've mostly been watching the first series of The Wire through Virgin's On Demand service.

This programme has been hyped up a lot and I really fancied it, but can't say i'm overly impressed with it. It's good enough to watch it through to the end, but there is a real cheesy feel to some of it... ie the maverick cop, the cop who has been stashed away in some back office for 20 years but it turns out he's Bergerac, Columbo and Crocket & Tubbs all rolled into one, and some of the writing is a bit too stereotypical Yank cop drama fare.

My brother managed to watch every episode/series in the space of about two weeks, he said it was fantastic after series one. I've only seen the first three eps but I've been meaning to watch the rest.

Other than documentaries or the news stations where I might actually learn something other than 'Box 2 is worth 20p' or sport, I've only really been watching films and downloaded tv series.

I assume your are referring to Deal Or No Deal. First month or two, the novelty was still there and it was watchable.

Now it is utter garbage. Has anyone seen it lately with them all dressed as hippies? To see Noel dressed up is painful and it must be degrading for the poor fella?!

Add to that Edmonds banging on about systems (it's just randomnly picking boxes), the 'dream factory' and the contestants convincing themselves that they aren't there for the money but the experience, makes DOND terrible viewing.

Anyway, I have been mostly watching American teen programme, One Tree Hill along with Sky Sports News, music channels, Neighbours, Trawlermen and Shameless.

My brother managed to watch every episode/series in the space of about two weeks, he said it was fantastic after series one. I've only seen the first three eps but I've been meaning to watch the rest.

Will definitely give them a go...I'm also on my third watching of the Sopranos from start to finish, amazing the things you pick up that you missed the first time around that are actually quite important.

That was one that I was contemplating for the next download but I had reservations mostly along what you've outlined regarding the stereotypical yank cops.

Prison Break was another that seemed to get a lot of hype but I bodyswerved as I thought it looked a bit rank.

I've watched the lot.

Season one gets better, season two is a wee bit slow but 3-5 is an absolute rampage.

To be fair, I'm sure the first few days would be a laugh but the UK seriously lacks any diversity these days.  Take a walk down practically an highstreet and you could easily mistake it for any other city.

"Right Oz, where we drinking today?"

"How about All-Bar-One?"

"Nah, we did that yesterday, fancy a couple at or the Wetherspoons instead?"

"Aye, magic"   ;)

Back on topic:

I decided a year or so ago that tv was a huge waste of time.  I mean that's old news and I'm sure we probably all agree with that, but I actually decided to switch it off more or avoid channels.

MTV doesn't even bother to show music these days and there's only so many people hurting themselves on skateboards or Sweet Sixteen birthday parties you can watch before you buy a scoped rifle and slot some fuckers.

TBF they're going round brewerys, distilleries, vineyards etc. Nae Weatherspons, Liquids, and the like. The rest I probably agree with though.

Anyone watch Underbelly on FX?

Sat down to watch that Mad Men last night on BBCHD but set it on record after 5 minutes and went to bed instead. Been watching the new series of Skins, McKenzie Crook as a Bristolian Gangster  ;D.

TBF they're going round brewerys, distilleries, vineyards etc. Nae Weatherspons, Liquids, and the like. The rest I probably agree with though.

Anyone watch Underbelly on FX?

Sat down to watch that Mad Men last night on BBCHD but set it on record after 5 minutes and went to bed instead. Been watching the new series of Skins, McKenzie Crook as a Bristolian Gangster  ;D.

I was watching Underbelly, was really enjoying it but then missed one episode and lost the thread of the whole thing! So I gave up and will just get it on DVD I think.

I don't tend to stick to the TV schedule very much but recent downloads have been the new series of Flight of The Conchords. Which so far isn't as funny as the first series.

Been plodding along with lost season 5 and Heroes is back on so might check that out as well.

In the UK or just on torrents?

Got the whole lot on DVD.  Some of it is a bit cheesy but the third series in particular is brilliant.

tv_20.jpg

I don't tend to stick to the TV schedule very much but recent downloads have been the new series of Flight of The Conchords. Which so far isn't as funny as the first series.

The Bowie episode in the first series still makes me wee myself.  ;D

Dexter hasn't been mentioned in here yet.  Thumbs up from me.  If you liked 6 Feet Under and The Sopranos then get it watched.

That was one that I was contemplating for the next download but I had reservations mostly along what you've outlined regarding the stereotypical yank cops.

Prison Break was another that seemed to get a lot of hype but I bodyswerved as I thought it looked a bit rank.

I enjoyed Prison Break. However, I reckon it has fallen victim to the philosophy of 'if it's successful, keep it going.' They are now on their fourth series, having broken out of two prisons.

Would anyone recommend watching Lost in its entirety from the start? I watched the first series, but never tuned in for the second.

The Bowie episode in the first series still makes me wee myself.   ;D

Dexter hasn't been mentioned in here yet.  Thumbs up from me.  If you liked 6 Feet Under and The Sopranos then get it watched.

Dexters been the best series I've watched for a long time. Fantastic stuff. Can't wait for Season 3  :thumbsup:

I enjoyed Prison Break. However, I reckon it has fallen victim to the philosophy of 'if it's successful, keep it going.' They are now on their fourth series, having broken out of two prisons.

Would anyone recommend watching Lost in its entirety from the start? I watched the first series, but never tuned in for the second.

Lost was good till Season 3, then it became absolute gibberish. Haven't watched it since.