Author Topic: Todays fitba  (Read 651716 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
Re: Todays fitba
« Reply #9040 on: April 06, 2019, 01:13:03 PM »
Norwich hugely impressive, 3-0 up within 38 minutes.

Since McLean came back from injury, this will be 8 straight wins.

He's been very impressive both in this game and what I've read in recent reports.

22 year old Argentine Buendia a major talent.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #9041 on: April 06, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »
Hivs come back from a goal down to lead 2-1 at Tynecastle with 20 minutes to go.

Hearts been the better side for most of the game and denied a stonewall penalty right on half-time. Could really do with them nicking an equaliser, Hibs will close to 3 points behind us as it stands

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #9042 on: April 08, 2019, 09:56:47 PM »
Chelsea are full of brilliant technical footballers all over the pitch. It was Eden Hazard's sublime two goals that was the difference tonight, one of the best individual performances of the season the commentators said.

But there's a reason they are so far off the pace for the title. There's something missing. For all the strengths of the individuals, the team hasn't been good enough over distance. Ok with three big games in seven days, we can understand squad rotation but he can't leave Willian on the bench for the next one surely. If Sarri (the knob) wants to create total harmony and team spirit, he can't not involve someone that good. Spoilt for choice, I'm not sure he knows his best team.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 37
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #9043 on: April 09, 2019, 09:56:41 PM »
Ross County potentially only 1 win away from the title.
Arabs need to beat Ayr on Friday night to keep their slim hopes alive but at the same time Ayr are chasing 2nd spot.

At the other end Alloa seem to have got their act together which could potentially see both Falkirk & Partick drop to the 3rd division
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

21 (YES TWENTY FUCKING ONE) year old Cosgrove to show what he can do when he is finally given a real chance.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #9044 on: April 12, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
I just read ex Liverpool hard man Tommy Smith has died aged 74.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47913937

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #9045 on: April 12, 2019, 09:58:14 PM »
I just read ex Liverpool hard man Tommy Smith has died aged 74.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47913937

He was ex-Liverpool.

He was one hard bastard.

And his name was Tommy Smith.

Loved the cunt. One of my fav footballers in the early 70's.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #9046 on: April 12, 2019, 10:54:24 PM »
Never heard of him, any particular exploits stand out rocket?
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #9047 on: April 12, 2019, 11:36:00 PM »
He only won European Cups, League titles and FA Cups...……...nothing really to write home about.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:35:01 AM by Ten Caat »

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #9048 on: April 13, 2019, 01:15:52 AM »
Never heard of him, any particular exploits stand out rocket?

Not one thing in particular. He was just consistently SOLID. Back in the days when it was allowed that full backs and defenders could use their physical strength to break up and stop attackers, he was one of the best. But he was honest with it, or as honest as you could be, not an ignorant brute like Tam Forsyth. I think he glanced the header in for the first goal in the 1977 final, by which time he was already a veteran. I was so chuffed for him cos he was a phenomenal talismanic figure for Liverpool and they were a fantastic team in those days.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #9049 on: April 14, 2019, 05:44:40 PM »
What a bomber from Salah. They passed this test. They deserve success.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #9050 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
Superb result from Ajax last night. Have really been playing some great football this season and seem to turn it on in the champs league. Schooled a few of the big boys. De Ligt is a great talent, hopefully see the return of the dutch as a football force too.

CTRL+ALT+De Ligt for sure

Online baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #9051 on: April 17, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Superb result from Ajax last night. Have really been playing some great football this season and seem to turn it on in the champs league. Schooled a few of the big boys. De Ligt is a great talent, hopefully see the return of the dutch as a football force too.

CTRL+ALT+De Ligt for sure

Aye, some of the football last night from Ajax was phenomenal. Neres, Ziyech and DeJong the one touch stuff those three in particular, no one could live with. If anything they're short a top striker, should have been at least 6 last night. Seemed instead of blasting the ball into the back of the net they tried one last pass for a tap in too many times.

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #9052 on: April 17, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »
Citeh spurs has been bonkers
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 76
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #9053 on: April 17, 2019, 09:15:50 PM »
Citeh spurs has been bonkers

Some start!

Aye, some of the football last night from Ajax was phenomenal. Neres, Ziyech and DeJong the one touch stuff those three in particular, no one could live with. If anything they're short a top striker, should have been at least 6 last night. Seemed instead of blasting the ball into the back of the net they tried one last pass for a tap in too many times.

Yeah, been like that for a while, but it's good to see them getting back to what they used to do best. Unfortunately I imagine they'll lose a lot of that squad come the summer.

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 37
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #9054 on: April 17, 2019, 10:04:49 PM »
Ah thats an enjoyable result.
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

21 (YES TWENTY FUCKING ONE) year old Cosgrove to show what he can do when he is finally given a real chance.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #9055 on: April 18, 2019, 12:05:48 PM »
I'm sure BB claimed on here at some point that Raheem Sterling was shite.  I'd swap him for Niall McGinn if City threw in a couple of million as well.  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:23:02 PM by kiriakovisthenewstrachan »

Offline minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #9056 on: April 18, 2019, 02:30:10 PM »
Sterling has to be the most improved player in the world, Euro2016 he was hung out to dry but since then he's taken his career and raw ability to another level, even the finish for the goal that got chopped off was extremely good.  I also hate how he gets treated by the media, some clearly run a certain narrative on anything to do with him, however he's given some excellent interviews in that time two which I think has earned him a lot more support.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/raheem-sterling-england-it-was-all-a-dream
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 117
« Reply #9057 on: April 18, 2019, 05:25:44 PM »
Raheem Sterling up there with the best players in the world on current form. Unplayable most of the time these days. He has progressed hugely at City. When Liverpool sold him for £50m I thought it was a better deal for Liverpool than it was for City but that's turned out to be a bargain. Some player.

I was still fully enraged in schadenfreude when their injury time winner was VARed off.  :wave:

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #9058 on: April 21, 2019, 12:50:09 PM »
Brilliant first 15 from Hibs. They've got the right attitude. They're not boo hoo hoo, it's not fair, they've got more money than us. Heckingbottam's interview pre-match was excellent too. He's a good cunt.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #9059 on: April 21, 2019, 01:31:05 PM »
They've nae Greg Stewart in their side to hinder them. Nor have they got a midfielder playing right back. And they don't continually lump long balls up to a giant-but-utterly-immobile centre forward.