Author Topic: Todays fitba  (Read 759270 times)

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -53
Re: Todays fitba
« Reply #9000 on: March 24, 2019, 07:37:28 PM »
Hungary beat Croatia in a good game, spoiled only by an officious little twat of a referee.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #9001 on: March 24, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »
Ned about to take on ze Germans, hopefully lives up to the last one!

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #9002 on: March 24, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »
Cracking game so far, really open. Dutch seem as clueless as the Germans did in the last game, but could easily be up. Neuer lucky that both of babels shots were straight at him.

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #9003 on: March 24, 2019, 09:17:46 PM »
Holland got it back to 2-2. Germany have completely fallen apart in 2nd half.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #9004 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
What a game! Shame about the result, but end to end stuff.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 119
« Reply #9005 on: March 26, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »
What a game! Shame about the result, but end to end stuff.

It was a sore one. Especially since I think Holland were the better team. Certainly kept Neuer busy (as you'd maybe expect for a Holland team playing at home.) Germany started quickly but as soon as they went two up Holland became the better team for the remainder of the game and were unlucky not to go in at half time with reduced or even no arrears. Babbel lacking a little bit of quality in front of goal. Going for the late winner in the way that they did (and probably have to do at home) left them open at the back and they paid the price. A very disappointing night all things considered. Although I do feel that Dutch football has improved vastly from the previous two qualifying campaigns. A young team with some real quality who I'm sure will only improve. Memphis may be an obnoxious bell end but by fuck he's exciting to watch on the football pitch. Just like Arjen Robben. 

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #9006 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
Pains me to say it but England are on fire and play the game the way it should be played. Very easy on the eye and totally destroying teams right now.

They've got a real shot at winning this. Unfortunately their pundits know this. Strap yourselves in for 2 years of utter bombastic shite in the media.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #9007 on: March 26, 2019, 02:31:23 PM »
Pains me to say it but England are on fire and play the game the way it should be played. Very easy on the eye and totally destroying teams right now.

They've got a real shot at winning this. Unfortunately their pundits know this. Strap yourselves in for 2 years of utter bombastic shite in the media.

Whilst they're undoubtedly improving and going in the right direction I think it's premature to declare them genuine contenders. They had the easiest world cup group and draw in history and they still fucked it. Lost both their games against the only world class opponents that they played. 10 goals in the last 2 games is good but a team like England will be judged on their performances against elites like Germany, France, Spain and Brazil in competitive tournaments. The jury's out for me. Infinitely better than Scotland obviously.  ::)

Offline CvB

• First Team
« Reply #9008 on: March 26, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »
It was a sore one. Especially since I think Holland were the better team. Certainly kept Neuer busy (as you'd maybe expect for a Holland team playing at home.) Germany started quickly but as soon as they went two up Holland became the better team for the remainder of the game and were unlucky not to go in at half time with reduced or even no arrears. Babbel lacking a little bit of quality in front of goal. Going for the late winner in the way that they did (and probably have to do at home) left them open at the back and they paid the price. A very disappointing night all things considered. Although I do feel that Dutch football has improved vastly from the previous two qualifying campaigns. A young team with some real quality who I'm sure will only improve. Memphis may be an obnoxious bell end but by fuck he's exciting to watch on the football pitch. Just like Arjen Robben.

was surprised to see so many empty seats at that game. Holland vrs Germany obviously doesn't quite have the same meaning to the supporters as it once did, although that may well be something that can be leveled at international fixtures in general I suppose.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #9009 on: March 26, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
was surprised to see so many empty seats at that game. Holland vrs Germany obviously doesn't quite have the same meaning to the supporters as it once did, although that may well be something that can be leveled at international fixtures in general I suppose.

Didn't see many, apart from in the away end?

Attendance figures for holland games dropped big time for a while (whilst they were shite), but seem to be picking up again.

UEFA really do need to clamp down on the countries that have racism issues.  Disgusting what the black England players had to deal with in Macedonia. It's fucking 2019.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -200
« Reply #9010 on: March 26, 2019, 07:17:36 PM »
UEFA really do need to clamp down on the countries that have racism issues.  Disgusting what the black England players had to deal with in Macedonia. It's fucking 2019.

It's FIFA's jurisdiction and it was in Montenegro but yes, you're 100% correct. It's amazing to me that there are still humans who think it's "funny" or ok to make monkey noises etc.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #9011 on: March 29, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »
Hivs getting the job done at Liviā€¦..0-2 up with 3 minutes to go.

Will put them on 48 points, Anything less than a win for us tomorrow and they're right back in the mix for 3rd place.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #9012 on: March 31, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
Morelos  :rofl:

Cunt just can't help himself. Wonder what grounds sevco will appeal this one on

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
« Reply #9013 on: March 31, 2019, 02:07:12 PM »
Finished 2-1 to Green Bigots. Green Bigots reduced to 10 due to injuries before the end. Blue Bigots probably looking at a couple of retrospective bans for Kent (punching Brown) and Hailday (going for Brown after full time) along with a censure for failure to control their players....ah wait SFA so fuck all will be done.

Edit: Halliday shown 2nd yellow after final whistle.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 02:12:52 PM by Jute »

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #9014 on: March 31, 2019, 02:14:15 PM »
Broon ripping the pish out of the Sky Sports interviewer post match. Asked about the Kent incident...."I can't remember that".

Then the Halliday incident after full time " He was congratulating me on our win" ....... whilst giving a sleekit grin as he spoke.

As Jute says...the Compliance Officer should have plenty to occupy her tomorrow citing players from both sides. However I expect no action as she will be too busy ordering her monthly Avon delivery online to worry about assaults by players in a volatile match.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -53
« Reply #9015 on: March 31, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »
It would be afa difficult not to take the chance of punching Brown in the face.

The chocolate frog is a total numpty though, he'll end up out of the game altogether at this rate.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -200
« Reply #9016 on: March 31, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
The OF game was highly amusing.

Chelski in this first half were utterly dreadful. Jorginho is a breaker, not a maker and Higuain is also a cancer in this set up. He's too quick to throw up his arms in exasperation like he's the superstar and it's never his fault, the truth being that he's become a carthorse with a heavy touch and is only good for taking chances put on a plate for him these days. How Giroud and Hazard can be left on the bench is beyond me but Sarri sits there writing copious little notes that will be full of shit rather than watching the game. There's no balance and it's affecting the good footballers, Willian, Barkley and Pedro in particular suffering in the first 45.

Hope the Liverpool Spurs game is better.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 55
« Reply #9017 on: March 31, 2019, 05:18:08 PM »
Fair play to brown, that interview was pretty funny
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #9018 on: April 01, 2019, 10:25:51 AM »
Morelos  :rofl:

Cunt just can't help himself. Wonder what grounds sevco will appeal this one on

Was Freddo's sending off yesterday not very similar to the McKenna incident at the start of the season? A wee nibble (provoktion as Stevie would say) from Brown resulting in a lash out which may not have fully connected or caused injury but a lash out nonetheless. Exactly the same as what happened with McKenna. In both instances Morelos was sent off. The difference is that this time he's not being defended. Kris Boyd tore him a new arsehole at half time and Stevie G said that "he's let the club down again". He used the word "again" which implies that he feels he's let the club down in the past. But Rangers have appealed the vast majority if not all of the cards he's received that they're allowed to appeal. So they're appealing despite knowing he was in the wrong. No surprise in that. Nothing we didn't already know but it does irk me a little that Brown is "clever" for trying to wind up a known hot head when it was McKenna's "provoktion" that resulted in the red Morelos was shown at Pittodrie being rescinded in an unprecedented move. Having said that it was hugely amusing viewing. The icing on the cake would've been a booking for McGregor (hun) that I had on at 11/1.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #9019 on: April 01, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
Finished 2-1 to Green Bigots. Green Bigots reduced to 10 due to injuries before the end. Blue Bigots probably looking at a couple of retrospective bans for Kent (punching Brown) and Hailday (going for Brown after full time) along with a censure for failure to control their players....ah wait SFA so fuck all will be done.

Edit: Halliday shown 2nd yellow after final whistle.

The propaganda machine now carefully referring to it as a shove:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47775433

::)