Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Family Section?!?! - Thats a Laugh!

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

Guest AbeerdeenBasedTim

Let me introduce myself - I have lived in Aberdeen for almost six years now, but have remained a staunch Celtic supporter, I may not go to see them as often as I did when I lived in the west of Scotland, but my passion to see them succeed hasn’t faltered in the years I’ve lived here.

First and foremost can I congratulate the Aberdeen team for their resilient display on Sunday – plus their ability to convert their chances when presented with them.

However my congratulations ends with the team and the management, not the Dons fans……..

On Sunday my wife and I decided to have a family day at the football, this was to be my kids first ever senior game (daughter 7, son 4) – I managed to get 4 tickets for the ‘Family’ section i.e. Merkland Road end, as despite me being a Tim I thought it would make more sense to take my family to the family section, thinking I didn’t want my kids exposed to Celtic supporters who had been bevying for 4 hours on the journey north.  That turned out to be the worst decision I’ve made in my football-attending career.

The racist, foul and offensive language used in the ‘Family’ section appalled me.  ‘Fuck off back to Ireland ya tattie munching cunts!’, ‘Cheating Fennian Bastards!’ were amongst the many pleasantries that I couldn’t believe I was hearing!!!!!  I’m not naive enough to think this doesn’t happen at football matches, but surely not in the ‘family’ section.

No matter how drunk the Celtic fans were, there would be no way my kids would have been subjected to such obscenities if we had been in the Celtic section – this is why Celtic fans are welcome anywhere in Europe and have won awards for their behaviour and sportsmanship, this is the calibre of supporter I’m used to – even in the dark days of the ’90s when we finished behind team like Aberdeen in the league we still sang ‘Always look on the Brightside of life!’.  Putting aside their disgusting vocabulary, I couldn’t believe how fickle the Aberdeen fans were – Jimmy Calderwood has guided them to 3rd in the league, yet when he made the Aluko substitution on Sunday with the game poised at 2-2 he was lambasted, it proved to be a tactical success!

To summarise, I’m used to a superior human standing next to me at matches and I was very disappointed with the calibre of human I experienced on Sunday.  As a result in the future I’ll take my boy a 300 mile round trip to Glasgow if he wants to see football rather than go to this alleged family section of my local team – my doing this wont really impact Stewart Milne’s pocket, but how many people out there have had a similar experience? and refuse to expose their family to such behaviours?

I wonder if Rangers fans are as appalling in the presence of families?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The racist, foul and offensive language used in the ‘Family’ section appalled me.  ‘Fuck off back to Ireland ya tattie munching cunts!’, ‘Cheating Fennian Bastards!’ were amongst the many pleasantries that I couldn’t believe I was hearing!!!!!  I’m not naive enough to think this doesn’t happen at football matches, but surely not in the ‘family’ section.

That is shocking.  Didn't their parents tell them off?  ;)

You sir, of staunch Rasellic supporting stock, are clearly too thick and uninformed to appreciate that it is still both the opposition area of the ground and a football match.

You should also consult Grampian Police and the AFC stewards with regards the "fucking big fight" that raged on whilst the game progressed amongst the Celtic support you both wanted to avoid and then wrongly assumed would be better behaved.

Idiot.

If folk were using the fenian word then that is wrong. Aberdeen fans have always deplored "hello hello" for sectarian reasons, so would be hyprocritical to defend this. However, unless you enjoy hearing songs celebrating  paramilitary organisations, then the Cetic end will be much much worse.

Also, I dont see the "fuck off back to Ireland" thing as being that bad. Celtic are supposedly a Scottish team, playing in a Scottish league. However, their fans seem oblivious to this, waving Irish Flags, singing about the IRA and the management of the club seem happy to encourage certain players to turn their backs on Scotland and play for Ireland instead, so any resentment of Ireland shown by the Aberdeen fans can perhaps be understood.

Would I be wrong in thinking that the family section at Parkhead is the area that is immediately to the right of the away end ? If it is then I'd be looking closer to home before criticising. The venom and bile that comes from that section at Parkhead is bad enough but the real insult is the genetic anarchy and the fashion sense. Its oppressive beyond compare  :o

Would I be wrong in thinking that the family section at Parkhead is the area that is immediately to the right of the away end ? If it is then I'd be looking closer to home before criticising. The venom and bile that comes from that section at Parkhead is bad enough but the real insult is the genetic anarchy and the fashion sense. Its oppressive beyond compare  :o

Those kids hoying coins and wearing roll downs really are a much better environment for taking your family to.

If you are a small minded fucking bigot. 

No matter how drunk the Celtic fans were, there would be no way my kids would have been subjected to such obscenities if we had been in the Celtic section – this is why Celtic fans are welcome anywhere in Europe and have won awards for their behaviour and sportsmanship

P.S. This is what annoys me about Celtic fans the most, this self awarded great fan reputation. All we hear about Celtic fans is how amazing they are. Are these the same Celtic fans who subjected a DUP politician to sectarian abuse on a ferry back to Belfast? Are these the same Celtic fans who had a part of parkhead named the jungle, because of their reputation of behaving like animals? The same fans who caused a plane to be diverted after the Celta Vigo game because they were acting violently on a plane?

I can think of many areas in europe where Celtic fans are not welcome, I suggest you walk down the Shankhill in a Celtic top to prove my point.

Let me introduce myself - I have lived in Aberdeen for almost six years now, but have remained a staunch Celtic supporter, I may not go to see them as often as I did when I lived in the west of Scotland, but my passion to see them succeed hasn’t faltered in the years I’ve lived here.

First and foremost can I congratulate the Aberdeen team for their resilient display on Sunday – plus their ability to convert their chances when presented with them.

However my congratulations ends with the team and the management, not the Dons fans……..

On Sunday my wife and I decided to have a family day at the football, this was to be my kids first ever senior game (daughter 7, son 4) – I managed to get 4 tickets for the ‘Family’ section i.e. Merkland Road end, as despite me being a Tim I thought it would make more sense to take my family to the family section, thinking I didn’t want my kids exposed to Celtic supporters who had been bevying for 4 hours on the journey north.  That turned out to be the worst decision I’ve made in my football-attending career.

No matter how drunk the Celtic fans were, there would be no way my kids would have been subjected to such obscenities if we had been in the Celtic section – this is why Celtic fans are welcome anywhere in Europe and have won awards for their behaviour and sportsmanship, this is the calibre of supporter I’m used to – even in the dark days of the ’90s when we finished behind team like Aberdeen in the league we still sang ‘Always look on the Brightside of life!’.  Putting aside their disgusting vocabulary, I couldn’t believe how fickle the Aberdeen fans were – Jimmy Calderwood has guided them to 3rd in the league, yet when he made the Aluko substitution on Sunday with the game poised at 2-2 he was lambasted, it proved to be a tactical success!

To summarise, I’m used to a superior human standing next to me at matches and I was very disappointed with the calibre of human I experienced on Sunday.  As a result in the future I’ll take my boy a 300 mile round trip to Glasgow if he wants to see football rather than go to this alleged family section of my local team – my doing this wont really impact Stewart Milne’s pocket, but how many people out there have had a similar experience? and refuse to expose their family to such behaviours?

Fuck. Off.

:wave:

Nauseating.  Had you been in the away end (which is where you should have been), you'd have been subjected to hearing about "Sheep shagging bastards" and such like. I presume that would have been acceptable, going by your post?

My first ever football match was the Dons at Parkhead, I was in the main stand and I was subjected to grown men shouting obscenities at me.  I was five years old.  Swings and roundabouts.

No matter how drunk the Celtic fans were, there would be no way my kids would have been subjected to such obscenities if we had been in the Celtic section – this is why Celtic fans are welcome anywhere in Europe and have won awards for their behaviour and sportsmanship, this is the calibre of supporter I’m used to – even in the dark days of the ’90s when we finished behind team like Aberdeen in the league we still sang ‘Always look on the Brightside of life!’.

Ah the glorious Celt fans. Don't put a foot wrong and every single one of them is civil & polite. Of course they are, after all, they are the best fans in the world.  ::)

Putting aside their disgusting vocabulary, I couldn’t believe how fickle the Aberdeen fans were – Jimmy Calderwood has guided them to 3rd in the league, yet when he made the Aluko substitution on Sunday with the game poised at 2-2 he was lambasted, it proved to be a tactical success!

How about looking closer to home? Gordon Strachan is still wanted out despite 3 consecutive league titles etc etc.

Do your 300 mile round trip and watch the 'Ra Sellick'. Cheerio.

LOL what a knob. Nuff said

On a side note, good to see the young eens are picking up the OF hatred so early, well done loons ;D