Re: Sna (2009)
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
Snowing on and off here in the Capital.

Offline Sweetchuck

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »
Apparently a light covering of snow coupled with a cold wind down in Englandshire now constitutes "Arctic conditions".

Perhaps someone should tell them that the average Arctic temperature in February is a balmy -34°C and that plenty of places far further south than the UK also experience these exact same conditions year in, year out without becoming such a load of whining, mincing "woe is me" fannies when they need to scrape their fucking windscreen in the morning.

"Arctic condition"... Jesus fucking wept. At what point eactly did this country metamorphose into such a fucking cringeworthy embarrassment?

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »
Apparently a light covering of snow coupled with a cold wind down in Englandshire now constitutes "Arctic conditions".

Perhaps someone should tell them that the average Arctic temperature in February is a balmy -34°C and that plenty of places far further south than the UK also experience these exact same conditions year in, year out without becoming such a load of whining, mincing "woe is me" fannies when they need to scrape their fucking windscreen in the morning.

"Arctic condition"... Jesus fucking wept. At what point eactly did this country metamorphose into such a fucking cringeworthy embarrassment?

That's the English for you, if you've to wear gloves it's time to start driving everywhere at 15mph and braking suddenly if a car 500 yards in front of you has had to stop at a junction.

And fuck me if there's a snow flake fluttering down when you look out the window in the morning, you better get on the phone to work to let them know you're snowed in, and get down Asda to buy a trolley load of soup.

Offline KGB

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 11:32:38 AM »
Still snowing heavily in East Renfrewshire. Got forced into the bak of a parked CRV in the wifes car by a fecking inconsiderate white van driving wanker who drove off unaware of the carnage in his wake. Cunt >:D :hammer:

Offline TENEMENTFUNSTER

• Manager
  • Rating: 238
  • Prancing about naked, bold as brass!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 11:57:48 AM »

Snowing heavily in the Gateway to the Campsies!
Moaning faced, tight-fisted, Aberdonian cunts!

Tuckers Law - If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up because that cunt's a cunt!

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 116
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »
I'd be fecking delighted if we got some proper snow, like we used to when i was a lad.  Got to agree with sweetchuck, arctic conditions my arse.
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline glasgow sheep

• fucking booooo
  • Club Legend
  • Rating: 36
    • Home of the Glasgow Reds
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »
No buses running in London?
WTF is that all about?

Offline Sweetchuck

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 19
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »
WTF is that all about?

Hadn't you noticed that the weather is frickin' apocalyptic, maaan?

It's a miracle that any of us are still alive, if the tone of the media is anything to go by.

Apparently the pavements in Notting Hill are so slushy that the residents simply can't reach the 4x4 to get to Harrods & Harvey Nicks, and are therefore on the verge of cannibalism.

Offline The Doricle

• First Team
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »
Caught a bit of news on the telly this morning while having breakfast. Reporter in SE england claims 6-7 inches of snow there- it was barely over the toes of her boots. What kind of fucking inches was that then? 6 cm maybe, but even that looked like it would be at a push.

swaddon

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »
It's been snowing here in Burton on Trent since yesterday. The place is gripped by panic; people are running around the streets in a state of panic, there are overturned cars on fire everywhere, shops are being looted and everything. And there was no warning, they've not been saying on the weather for the last four days that it was going to snow or anything like that. I blame the credit crunch and Gordon Brown. >:(

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 116
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »
It's been snowing here in Burton on Trent since yesterday. The place is gripped by panic; people are running around the streets in a state of panic, there are overturned cars on fire everywhere, shops are being looted and everything. And there was no warning, they've not been saying on the weather for the last four days that it was going to snow or anything like that. I blame the credit crunch and Gordon Brown. >:(

GBMG must go.
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »
Caught a bit of news on the telly this morning while having breakfast. Reporter in SE england claims 6-7 inches of snow there- it was barely over the toes of her boots. What kind of fucking inches was that then? 6 cm maybe, but even that looked like it would be at a push.

She must be very easily satisified in the sexual arena ;)
Steve warm his seat up

Offline ???

• Banned
  • Captain
  • Rating: -532
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 05:12:03 PM »
6-7 inches of snow could easily have fallen if you know how they measure these things.
Quote from: minijc
I have touched tits and arse but nothing else, taken money out of a womens jeans

Quote from: minijc
I don't really like women touching me, and the ones on my bus do it, I get nerves as fuck

Offline mizer

• Manager
  • Rating: -107
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:33 PM »
Well, had to walk home due to the roads being grid locked and on the way some seeing some abysmal driving. Up to 3 inches at points on the pavements, along with a ford focus at one point sliding down the hill towards me. On that same hill cars were tailgating others. Quite a nice change from the bus.

leith_red

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
WTF is that all about?

Apparently the underground was affected as well.

Offline Mackie's ace!

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 370
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »
We got a firm-wide voicemail in the morning warning us not to come into work if it was going to be dangerous, then an email in the afternoon re-stating the fact and that if the weather was bad tomorrow again to stay at home. Apparently the London offices were pretty much empty today, wimps.
"Have either of you ever been to Ethiopia?"

"Is that near Ibrox?"

"There's a lot of witchcraft and sorcery goes on there."

"It sounds like Ibrox."

Offline Sharpie

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 15
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »
We got a firm-wide voicemail in the morning warning us not to come into work if it was going to be dangerous, then an email in the afternoon re-stating the fact and that if the weather was bad tomorrow again to stay at home. Apparently the London offices were pretty much empty today, wimps.

Aye, I got the day off today. Pretty much impossible to get in and out of London as few train services were actually working.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »
The transport infrastructure in the South East of England has been shown up to be a total joke today.  How difficult is it to clear show off a runway?
Sounds like they were very ill-prepared, as usual!

6.2 million didn't make it to work!  Shocking!!  :o

Offline Harcus

• Captain
  • Rating: 9
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:00 PM »
6-7 inches of snow could easily have fallen if you know how they measure these things.

Meteorology consultant?