Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons V Celtic

Don't think i've been as optimistic for a home league clash against these cunts since the great snowball game of 2001 (?).

If we're serious about taking third (and to keep players like Miller and Aluko) we need to go out and win this game! Theres every chance we'll do it. As well as Aluko and Miller are supposed to have played last night, it might be worth putting Mackie up front just to try and hassle Boruc into errors.

Anyone else as optimistic as I am?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite nervous about this one to be honest, or maybe wary would be a better word. Every time i've been optimistic about games against Celtic at home, we lose. As I Padre said, our defence looks a bit shakey, but I think our forward play isn't too shabby at the moment. Putting mackie up front might not be a bad idea, he's scored a few against Boruc hasn't he?

I'm feeling fairly optimistic on this one. My brother and a few close mates of mine are Celtic ST holders and by all accounts they are duff. It'll be tough but definitely do-able. I'd say it would be more to our advantage if the likes of Severin and McDonald try their luck from distance against Boruc and wade the prick in at corner kicks... that should do it!  :thumbsup:

I'm feeling fairly optimistic on this one. My brother and a few close mates of mine are Celtic ST holders and by all accounts they are duff. It'll be tough but definitely do-able. I'd say it would be more to our advantage if the likes of Severin and McDonald try their luck from distance against Boruc and wade the prick in at corner kicks... that should do it!  :thumbsup:

Sounds good, shall we keep the same attacking system? Hearts defended quite high up and I think Celtic will do the same, if we can get the right passes through the back line and keep hassling Boruc then go for it. If you don't shoot you don't score.

Sounds good, shall we keep the same attacking system? Hearts defended quite high up and I think Celtic will do the same, if we can get the right passes through the back line and keep hassling Boruc then go for it. If you don't shoot you don't score.

I'd personally prefer to see JDV in for Mackie. I know Mackie has helped create a couple of goals in the last couple of games, but JDV can keep the ball and is an intelligent passer.  Miller's craft and Aluko's speed and skill will cause them enough problems if we can get the ball to them.

I'd personally prefer to see JDV in for Mackie. I know Mackie has helped create a couple of goals in the last couple of games, but JDV can keep the ball and is an intelligent passer.  Miller's craft and Aluko's speed and skill will cause them enough problems if we can get the ball to them.

Completely agree. One of my favorite goals from last season was the Miller one set up by JdV. Fantastic vision and awareness.

Im really optimistic about this one. 7 years and a few weeks since we last beat them so surely it will end on sunday. Plus im getting a lift into the game with one of my mates, his brothers and dad who are celtic fans(2 sitting in the away end , the other 2 in merkland) so I promised i'd be unbareable on the journey home!! My mate knows how unbareable i can be as as soon as the final whistle at the SC 1/4 last year that he went too went  i was on the phone to him for about 15 minutes harrassing him ;D

Im really optimistic about this one. 7 years and a few weeks since we last beat them so surely it will end on sunday. Plus im getting a lift into the game with one of my mates, his brothers and dad who are celtic fans(2 sitting in the away end , the other 2 in merkland) so I promised i'd be unbareable on the journey home!! My mate knows how unbareable i can be as as soon as the final whistle at the SC 1/4 last year that he went too went  i was on the phone to him for about 15 minutes harrassing him ;D

You phoned him after a draw?

l wouldn't be suprised if we get a good pumping not very confident about Saturday Sunday. Never confident against Celtic we never beat them unless its midweek at Celtic Park.

I'm concerned about Sunday. In recent years we have generally done well against Celtic when they have taken it for granted that they are going to pump us. The 3-2 and 2-1 wins at Parkhead were shock results, even last seasons QF victory they probably thought they had secured the tie when they robbed us at Pittodrie with a last minute equaliser.

Celtic will be coming to Pittodrie knowing that we are on form and they are not. That means they will put an extra effort in to the game. I'd be surprised if we get anything better than a draw.

Phew.

Thanks for the reality check there Ajja.

I was beginning to get all optimistic over this game against the Tims.  I almost forgot that JC is the devil incarnate and that our 5 home wins were all because he rode his luck with the tombola.

A decent manager would have yadda, yadda, yadda......

;)

As flattering as it is that you feel the need to follow my cerebral activity in priority over your own I would encourage you to be independant of thought and feeling. Using other peoples emotions as a vehicle for your own is always going to bring you down  :thumbsup:  :-*

I do remember buying a main stand ticket at £24 after getting back from a pre-xmas holiday one year, and saw Mackie make a right arse out of Rab Douglas for 2-0.

Don't think I'm that confident that I'd part with £24 to see the game, even if I was in Aberdeen.