Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Lee Mair to sign pre-contract

He is aplayer that can play anywhere across the back four.

Has had his injury problems in the past but would add a bit of aggression.

Or he certainly did in their 3-1 win whilst playing our team that were loaded with the flu.

Biggest worry is that he is being signed to replace Hart. :o

Guest Shakey heid man

I remember Lee Mair being pretty handy while at Dundee, although hasnt exactly set the heather alight at tannadice. I might be wrong but is he not a left sided defender?

Guest Paulo

This means one of two things

a) Touzani is away

or

b) Russell is away

And with Jimmy saying he was confident of Touzani and Dempsey signing extensions before Ibrox, I fear the worst.  :(

Or Dempsey is on his way and Calderwood wants to play Touzani in midfield and provide cover for his defence, or we've found someone to take Dan Smith off us.

It's good to have scaremongering Donstalk back within a few hours.

I'm outraged .... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what, you want me to do something about it, you forget I go to at least two home games a season and my opinion is more valid than any one else's because of that ...  ::) Ah, the spiritual home of Aberdeen fans again.

he was pretty promising at Dundee and then it all went a bit crap for him. I remember Jim Duffy being furious when he left Dundee for Utd. Hmm, let's just see what happens and if anyone from the current squad is going i think it'll be Diamond. Mair isn't good enough to replace Anderson and I think Touzani will end up staying.

he was pretty promising at Dundee and then it all went a bit crap for him. I remember Jim Duffy being furious when he left Dundee for Utd. Hmm, let's just see what happens and if anyone from the current squad is going i think it'll be Diamond. Mair isn't good enough to replace Anderson and I think Touzani will end up staying.

He had a spell at the mighty Stockport County in between playing for the two Dundee clubs.

Guest dundee_red

He was, indeed, an excellent player when he was at Dundee, before moving down to Stockport County, where it didn't work out for him.  When he signed for Ushited, he had verbally agreed to re-sign for Dundee, which is what caused Jim Duffy to be so angry.

If this does hapen, I'd be quite happy to see Lee Mair at Pittodrie, if he can regain the form he showed at Dundee.  A few of teh Arabs I work with are not too happy about the possibilty if losing him, especially to us.

If this does hapen, I'd be quite happy to see Lee Mair at Pittodrie, if he can regain the form he showed at Dundee.

I agree with this man. I don't think he is being targeted to replace Russell but just as some extra, reasonably cheap and experienced, cover with the potential to establish himself in the first team.

Let's face it, almost anyone we could afford to sign in place of Russell, if he was to leave, wouldn't be as good as el capitan anyway.

Scuse me, maybe I'm missing something what with being stuck in the fringes of the middle of nowhere, but where's all this "Anderson's leaving" and "Hart to racellicbyraway" coming from?

Is it the weeg press just stirring up sh*te as usual or is ther some foundation to either of these stories?

If this does hapen, I'd be quite happy to see Lee Mair at Pittodrie, if he can regain the form he showed at Dundee.

I agree with this man. I don't think he is being targeted to replace Russell but just as some extra, reasonably cheap and experienced, cover with the potential to establish himself in the first team.

quite agree. does us no harm to have someone tried and tested at spl level in reserve should we need them. let's face it - touzani won't be a loss if he does go, as you never got more than two games out of the boy anyway. it's all very well having a talented player on the books, but he's no damn use to us in the stands, where he's been most of the season.

Nobody else think he could do a good job at left back? Better than Byrne i would have thought, and a safer defensive option than Foster when up against the bigger teams.

Always thought he was a right good player at Dundee, hopefully he can recapture that. And he's a Dandy to boot.

I think I remember playing against him in the juveniles for an average Lads Club team.

Funny the way things work out - some players that shine at age 14/15 don't make it, yet some of the average-looking ones do.

I am of course just bitter and twisted.