Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Embedding Youtube videos

???

Its a good suggestion, seen it work well on other forums.

I've been looking into how to set it up for my own needs, and it appears to be relatively easy?!?  Was hoping the guys here might've looked into, so I can see if they've had any problems with it.

It's something that we hadn't really considered. But I'm looking into how to implement it just now. I'm also running it past the rest of the guys who run the site to see how they feel about it.

It sounds like a brilliant idea. But we could run into trouble with AFC if people are tempted to post youtube videos of the Aberdeen highlights, for example. This is the one and only thing that is putting me off implementing this feature

It's something that we hadn't really considered. But I'm looking into how to implement it just now. I'm also running it past the rest of the guys who run the site to see how they feel about it.

It sounds like a brilliant idea. But we could run into trouble with AFC if people are tempted to post youtube videos of the Aberdeen highlights, for example. This is the one and only thing that is putting me off implementing this feature

You could use some sort of ruling (nazis) to stop that surely? Won't take mods too long to delete posts etc?

I'm sure most folk would be more interested in using this in the off-topic section and maybe the afc section for older videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone see the difference between these 2 clips apparently if you add &fmt=18 at the end of a utube clip you get higher definition.

I notice a difference on some of the utube ones (well i think anyway could someone try the smith interview on utube adding &fmt=18 at the end its more noticible on it)

I know it dont matter a hoot for here but might be handy if you are downloading something off utube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_ICPGZ1_o&feature=related&fmt=18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_ICPGZ1_o&feature=related