Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Worst Refereeing Performance ever?

Coming away from the game yesterday I was pondering when I last came away from a game where I wasn't moaning about the ref.  Unfortunately I can't remember that far back so instead what have been the worst refereeing performances you have seen?

Two that immediately spring to mind are the first 45mins of the League Cup Semi last season where the ref was so incompetent that the entire stadium was about ready to lynch him at half time.  I'm not convinced he made one correct decision that whole half.

The other was a game at Motherwell a good few years back.  McGuire made a brilliant last ditch tackle, the away stand rise to applaud his effort only for the buffoon to point to the spot.  Even McFadden looked embarrassed as he stepped up to score.  Same match Mackie got booked for getting taken out in mid air and I'm certain he booked some lad twice in quick succession by mistake.

Guest swaddon

Barry Ferguson's trip on Stavrum that should have been a penalty. McCurry later said that he couldn't have given Aberdeen a penalty because he would have had to send Ferguson off.

Any games against the OF have consistantle poor decisions, but a game away to Dundee United sticks in my mind.

First Dundee United goal came from a free kick that wasn't deserved, Hart got sent off for a fair tackle and the second Dundee United goal came from a penalty that again wasn't deserved.

Coming away from the game yesterday I was pondering when I last came away from a game where I wasn't moaning about the ref.  Unfortunately I can't remember that far back so instead what have been the worst refereeing performances you have seen?

Two that immediately spring to mind are the first 45mins of the League Cup Semi last season where the ref was so incompetent that the entire stadium was about ready to lynch him at half time.  I'm not convinced he made one correct decision that whole half.

The other was a game at Motherwell a good few years back.  McGuire made a brilliant last ditch tackle, the away stand rise to applaud his effort only for the buffoon to point to the spot.  Even McFadden looked embarrassed as he stepped up to score.  Same match Mackie got booked for getting taken out in mid air and I'm certain he booked some lad twice in quick succession by mistake.

Have to agree on this one of the worst performances i've ever seen, he was shocking for both teams. Iain Brines i think was the ref in question.  :o:hammer: :hammer:

Barry Ferguson's trip on Stavrum that should have been a penalty. McCurry later said that he couldn't have given Aberdeen a penalty because he would have had to send Ferguson off.

Oh man, don't remind me! See also mcnaughton being sent off for a handball (- and penalty given?) when he clearly caught it on his chest.

Yesterday's refereeing display was very poor though- and they wonder why the rest of us think they are a joke? The rest of the world must laugh when they see how bad they are. Still, it makes me smile every time the gruesome twosome are in europe and seem baffled by not getting a foul for every 50/50 ball, swandive by their players etc ad nauseum........

Guest swaddon

Oh man, don't remind me! See also mcnaughton being sent off for a handball (- and penalty given?) when he clearly caught it on his chest.

Yesterday's refereeing display was very poor though- and they wonder why the rest of us think they are a joke? The rest of the world must laugh when they see how bad they are. Still, it makes me smile every time the gruesome twosome are in europe and seem baffled by not getting a foul for every 50/50 ball, swandive by their players etc ad nauseum........

Makes me smile that there's only one of them this season. :thumbsup:

Agree with Swaddon, the sunday game v Rangers back in 2001. Was that the same game that Ricksen karate chopped Daz Young?

yeah.

That one and the one from Rowbottham who bottled out of sending off that wife beating cunt Gazza after he headbutted Inglis and elbowed both McKimmie and Bernard takes some fucking beating

• 8 years later...

One of my first thoughts after the game yesterday after relief at winning was, thank goodness we won that because now I won't sound like a bitter loser when I complain about how terrible Andrew Dallas was. He failed to give free kicks for constant fouls on MacLean, Jack and Christie. When he did concede and give fouls he failed to give advantage and pulled play back on more than one occasion when the Dons were in a good attacking position. He failed to give at least one penalty to the Dons when Stockley had his shirt completely ripped down to his belly bottom! He nearly missed the head clash between Salmon and Considine. He gave a foul against Shinnie when it was Shinnie that was fouled. He was giving fouls to Killie that were either very soft or just not fouls at all. One in particular sticks out. I think it was Reyolds that slid in perfectly from behind but to one side and caught the ball perfectly and the man went over the top of his legs after. No contact with the back of Killie players legs, he just went over the top of the Dons defenders legs. Perfect tackle and Dallas gave a foul! It was in a dangerous position too. He booked one of the Killie players for taking too long over a free kick (fair play) but then a few minutes later, when Kris Boyd was flagged for offside and the whistle had blown and Boyd had stopped, Boyd kicked the ball past the keeper into the net (from outside the box) wasting more time - no booking or warning?!?

The Dons did not play well yesterday - they were too slow and didn't cause killie enough problems but the referee did not help matters.

Can't really argue with much of hat you've written mate, but I reckon if I was a Killie supporter I could have come away from that game thinking that Dallas hadn't done my team many favours either.

I guess my point is tha whilst he infuriated us, I reckon he also infuriated them with some of his decisions. I reckon when both fans come away from a game feeling hard done by, it generally means the bastard in the black is really an incompetent cunt rather than just corrupt.

No list like this could be complete without mentioning Ian Foote

I believe that a fair few ex refs on the after dinner speech circut will laugh, joke and freely admit to a Hun bias.

Of course they see making a referee out of a religious education teacher from a catholic school as some sort of recompense.

Scottish football stinks.