Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What would you like to see implemented on DonsTalk?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're always striving to take DonsTalk up a level, and we cannot do it without the input of you, the users of the site. As such, we're keen to hear what you'd like to see on DonsTalk. Is there something we're lacking? Is there something we should look at getting rid of?

If you've got an idea, post it here. If you've got a grumble about a feature, post it here. And if there's something listed on the poll that you'd like us to implement, vote for it!

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best thing at the moment would be more users.

Since Donstalk disbanded, mostly everyone has gone their seperate ways and all the old members are scattered across about 4 or 5 different messageboards.

If you could get an initiative started to get these people back, so this is the one place you are guaranteed to get constant discussion and replies, it'd be brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

its a silly little thing, but maybe easier to achieve than a singular, united message board.

im just used to is seeing the post number in each thread now. makes it so much easier to find things when you remember what number the reply was.

The way the old DT ran was fine. I think all you can really hope for is that afchat goes down like DT of old used to do so. Folk are aware DT is back so its just a waiting game now.

I think too many bridges have been burned between The Hat and DT users. The Hat was originally the creation of the users who were banned from DT. As such, there's never likely to be a united forum, unless we all ran under one banner but kept each other at arms length.

But ... when talking about integration with other AFC sites, I wasn't suggesting we merge with The Hat. I have other plans in mind ........

Even if we had one board and the various forums were called "Donstalk", "AFC Chat", "Footy-Mad", etc.  That would be a start.

Can't see it happening though as people get used to using something and as Robbo says, it'll take a crash for them to change their minds.

I switched to AFC Chat because of DT going down every 2 minutes and the excellent Matchday Live console.

Never could be ersed with hat.  Every time I looked in, it seemed a pissing contest was under way.

Aberdeen Mad is a good forum but seemed to miss something of the atmosphere here.  admittedly the various attempts at getting DT back up and running have had their losses though (in terms of the feeling you get from the conversations).  I will admit that the Original DT had that "we're all 1 big happy disfunctional family" feel to it.  Online here, I am doing everything I can to try to make that feeling come back.

I've a list of things I'd like to see implemented. Top of my list is to ban all Canadians. I doubt we would miss what can only tamely be described as a strange collection of freaky hairy-backed canucks. Bloody weirdos.

Go on, you know it makes sense?

:thumbsup:

I've been wondering what happened to you HTB! Thank God I'll be in God's Ane Country soon enough!

Footy Mad seems to have more 'mature' posters than the Hat but gets on my tits when people from other boards come across and post shite.

"The shops in Dundee are better than Aberdeen"

"No they're nae"

"Aye they are"

Blah, blah, blah.......

::)

Aberdeen shops are way better  ;D

• 3 months later...
Guest Nellie The Don

Any chance that the quote function only quotes the post you're replying to and not the other ones previously quoted?

If you know what I mean...  :-\

You're just pining for the Hat.  ;)

Don't worry. It'll pass.