Author Topic: Andy Murray  (Read 131353 times)

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 113
Re: Andy Murray
« Reply #1440 on: July 14, 2017, 03:38:53 PM »
Appreciate the re-cap there of our exchange. ???

You lied about "blind love". Where are you getting that from?

You lied about this supposed "woe is me" mentality. Where are you getting that from?

You're clearly not someone who watches tennis yet you feel adequately qualified to talk down to those who do because you and your wife have taken a personal dislike to a certain player. I have always understood how Andy could be disliked. He comes across as stubborn and hardheaded. I find the fuss being made over his "correction" of a journalist's "sexist" question embarrassing. But these traits also contribute to the formidable player that he is. 

Your dismissive and ignorant attitude towards bullying just because it's on the internet is disgraceful. Do you not think it can have an effect? Even a minor one? Just another thing that you're wrong about.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #1441 on: August 07, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
The line about sexual frustration was as telling as it was pathetically juvenile.

Aye because this isn't:

Mummy's boy I reckon. A virgin with fuck all else to do in his life than nit pick on tinternet.

The timing is so bizarre and more proof that Ann Fudge (packer) and Parry Hotter haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Aye, testicular cancer is a cunt.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #1442 on: August 11, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »
Holds onto Number 1 world ranking at least for another week as Nadal crashes out in Montreal to a Canadian teenager  :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1443 on: August 11, 2017, 10:10:38 AM »
Holds onto Number 1 world ranking at least for another week as Nadal crashes out in Montreal to a Canadian teenager  :thumbsup:

given his form this seasons, he's held onto it much longer than I expected.

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 20
« Reply #1444 on: August 11, 2017, 04:55:54 PM »
He's guaranteed to lose the number one ranking next week regardless. Either Nadal or Federer will replace him.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #1445 on: August 15, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »
Nadal.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -16
« Reply #1446 on: August 26, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »
Pulled out of US Open  :-[

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1447 on: January 02, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
Not looking good - career in the balance by the looks of things  :-[

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1448 on: January 02, 2018, 07:58:23 PM »
Not looking good - career in the balance by the looks of things  :-[

Was thinking that earlier.
Be surprised if he comes back from this.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #1449 on: January 02, 2018, 10:11:03 PM »
Was thinking that earlier.
Be surprised if he comes back from this.

A lot of the press down here have been writing about whether it is the end of his career. Would be a massive shame.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -158
« Reply #1450 on: January 03, 2018, 01:13:32 PM »
A lot of the press down here have been writing about whether it is the end of his career. Would be a massive shame.

I can't help thinking that if this is his career ending prematurely, then this is totally down to his desire to be the best and pushing his body beyond it's endurance capabilities.

During Tiger Woods first pro event, I predicted that his body would not be able to withstand the enormous tension he was putting on it, thrashing fuck at it out of the rough etc. and indeed his knees and back have required surgery in the years since.

Murray has to be applauded for what he achieved in the game but he will never get what he really wanted I feel, which was to be recognised in the same bracket as the best. He's the best from the UK, no doubt, by a considerable margin but all that sacrifice and cold baths and punishing schedules have caught up with him. Awesome discipline and mental toughness but not enough physical endurance. Done well for a wee laddie from Dunblane, driven hard by that monster mother of a woman.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #1451 on: January 03, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »
 Proabaly not far off the mark min.Never liked his mother.Always appeared he was as much a product of his mothers ambition as his own.What input he had in his career choice, I would be interested to know.
   But,cant argue he's done as well as any Brit is likley to do again.....and he's still young enough to start another career of his own choice   :wave:

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:30:30 PM by Elgindon »

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #1452 on: January 03, 2018, 04:20:08 PM »
Proabaly not far off the mark min.Never liked his mother.Always appeared he was a product of his mothers ambition.What input he had in his career choice, I would be interested to know.
   But,cant argue he's done as well as any Brit is likley to do again.....and he's still young enough to start a career he  wants to do   :wave:

Da ken like. He's infamously stubborn and won't do anything he doesn't want to do. I don't think you get that good at something without really wanting it yourself.

I think talk of retirement is premature. The media are having a field day and have sent the fans into a hysterical meltdown which is funny but OTT. I'm sure we'll see him back and I think we'll see him compete at the top again.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #1453 on: January 09, 2018, 09:31:24 AM »
Had "successful" surgery. Targeting grass court return. So Australia 2019 then.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1454 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42:16 AM »
Gutted but he's having to retire  :-[

Obviously pushed his body to the limits by getting to the top of the game.  A proper Scottish & British sporting legend.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
« Reply #1455 on: January 11, 2019, 11:48:35 AM »
Had "successful" surgery. Targeting grass court return. So Australia 2019 then.

Ffs. Maybe nae.  :(

A very sad day for Tennis and sport full stop. I know what we had but those of us who didn't will soon find out. We'll never have another Andy Murray.

Personally I regret not making more of an effort to get to grand slam tennis before it was too late but the Indian Wells memories won't leave me.

I'd be surprised if we see him on court in Melbourne after he supposedly suffered an injury setback. He mentioned a more invasive surgical option but I'm not surprised that he's swerving that. Enough is enough.

Thank you Andy.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1456 on: January 11, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »
A very sad day for Tennis and sport full stop. I know what we had but those of us who didn't will soon find out. We'll never have another Andy Murray.

Indeed.

I was so glad I went to the Andy Murray Live event which Federer took part in, it was a great evening.
Perhaps that sort of thing may continue, I don't know.

The greatest British sportsman ever.

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #1457 on: January 14, 2019, 11:53:35 AM »
What an effort from Andy Murray this morning.
Watching on Eurosport.
Has come back from two sets down to take it to a fifth, but sorry to report it is all going to be too much as two breaks down in fifth set @ 1-4.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 31
« Reply #1458 on: January 14, 2019, 12:00:18 PM »
Hope he is fit enough to get his wish and take his final bow at Wimbledon. Even if the singles are too much, surely he could team up with Jamie and play the doubles which would require far less running.....they'd have a decent chance of reaching the quarter finals at least and allow Andy a final bow on the Centre court where his career really should be allowed to finish

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1459 on: January 14, 2019, 12:34:26 PM »
Highly emotional stuff at the end of the match.

What an incredible sportsman, fighting right to the end.
He seems to have suggested he might go for the big op as he said he'd do everything he can to return to the Aus Open.

Really hope he's playing at Wimbledon.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:37:40 PM by Kowalski »