Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

UEFA Coefficient Speculation

Don't know if any of you have ever visited that Dutch site with all the Uefa Coefficient details but was just having a quick look on there and Scottish clubs performances in the last two seasons are the 6th best in Europe behind England, Spain, Germany, Italy and Russia. Granted this coincides with the Huns reaching the UEFA cup final and us doing not too badly but you also have to throw in the dismal performances of Gretna and Dunfermline into that.

6th best in Europe would give us 3 CL places and 3 UEFA places while even sneaking into the Top 8 would give us 2 CL's and 4 UEFA's. Don't know how this would change with the scrapping of the Intertoto and the revamp of UEFA qualifying but if we manage to keep up the standard 3 CL places certainly sounds appealing.

Guest swaddon

The very concept of us getting anywhere near the CL is fightening to be honest.  Uefa, fair enough, but the CL? 

It would be embarassing.

Therew were a couple of games against top class opposition in last season's UEFA Cup that can't be classed as embarassing (Atletico Madrid away, Bayern Munich at home and Copenhagen).

Yes, I know we lost in Madrid, but I'm sure we all expected a 6-0 drubbing at least.

The Champions League boils my piss. It's just a money making exercise for the 'big' clubs and it's not even a Champions League because they let 2nd 3rd 4th place teams i.e. LOSERS in. Also once they are in, if they are mediocre and finish third in their league then they get parachuted into the UEFA Cup like the Huns!

Pile of shit  GRRRRR!  :hammer: rant over

The Champions League boils my piss. It's just a money making exercise for the 'big' clubs and it's not even a Champions League because they let 2nd 3rd 4th place teams i.e. LOSERS in. Also once they are in, if they are mediocre and finish third in their league then they get parachuted into the UEFA Cup like the Huns!

Pile of shit  GRRRRR!  :hammer: rant over

Well, if the co-efficient changes and we get in as the third placed team, stage your own protest and don't bother going to the matches nor watching it on TV.

If this happens the SPL surely have to get the collective finger oot and expand to 16. Three up, three down (with a play-off), 6 Euro spots and playing teams twice rather than every other month would make it a far more enticing league for fans, players and big folk with TV money alike.

Also, who wouldn't take a thourough continental embarrasment if it got us financially out of the shit in the long term?? I know I would!

Yeah but if we did get a CL spot it would be a qualifying spot and in all honesty we'd probably get rogered out in the qualifying like Hearts did so lets not get ahead of ourselves. It wouldn't so much be a CL qualifying spot that would be of benefit, more the opportunity of regular European football, like i say even if we sneak into the top 8 on the Euro Coeffiecients, there will be 6 euro places, 2 for the CL and 4 UEFA cup, if the SFA stick to their guns and say only the Cup winners get in then that would mean if one of the scum win the Cup and they finish 1 and 2 in the SPL then basically the Top 6 get into Europe.

I would love to the stooshie that would create if you had 7th finishing with more points than 6th and 6th playing in Europe.

I would love to the stooshie that would create if you had 7th finishing with more points than 6th and 6th playing in Europe.

No stooshie. They are playing the shite in the bottom half in front of no cunt.  :wave:

It won't happen anyway.

If extra places are being allocated to the Champs League, they will go to fucking big countries as per.

Nah its not more places going to the big countries, the country in 6th at the moment gets 3 CL places so its just about Scottish clubs continuing to do well in Europe to get the coefficient high enough to get 6 European places be it top 8 for 2 cl and 4 uefa of top 6 for 3 cl and 3 uefa. Hopefully Motherwell at least get through to the Uefa groups and the Huns and Tims do not too badly in the CL.

6 Portugal                      42.749

----------------------------------------

CL1=FC Porto                  81.176 (cl/R1)

CL2=Sporting CP Lisbon        67.176 (cl/R1)

CL3=Vitória Guimarães        18.176 (cl/QR3)

UC1=Benfica                  77.176 (uc/R1)

UC2=Maritimo Funchal          15.176 (uc/R1)

UC3=Vitória Setúbal          15.176 (uc/R1)

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/qual2008.html

Portugal are 6th just now and thats a link to all the qualifiers