Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/1e/48/0,,10284~3688478,00.jpg[/img]

It's the news all Dons fans have been waiting for. Our brand new Nike kit for the 2008/09 season will exclusively be revealed next week on RedWeb - The first and only place for official AFC news.

With the announcement of a new club sponsor due to be revealed in the coming days, the kit remains top secret however we do have a couple of teasers to give you, the fans, a taster of what the new strip will look like

Our Club partners have once again excelled themselves in combining style with tradition to produce a kit which every Dons fan will want to wear with pride and RedWeb will be the first place to see the kit revealed in it's full glory.

If you want to be one of the first to sport the new kit, pre-orders will commence from Thursday 12th June 2008. Order can be placed directly at www.afc.co.uk or through our Club Shop here at Pittodrie or at our Bridge Street branch.

The kit will officially hit the shops on Tuesday 1st July 2008.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Club partners have once again excelled themselves in combining style with tradition to produce a kit which every Dons fan will want to wear with pride and RedWeb will be the first place to see the kit revealed in it's full glory.

Translation: JustSport have given us an off-the-shelf generic Nike kit which they'll sew the club logo onto.

EDIT: Zooming into the picture appears to show it has a round collar. I fucking hate round collars on football shirts.

Based on the generic Nike kits available, it could be the Nike Varsity shirt, based on the images on here and on AFC.co.uk.

The 'teaser' clearly shows close-ups (smaller pictures to the rght of the main teaser picture) from the Varsity picture I've posted below:

116ifeg.jpg

264663_648.jpg

That's clearly the kit that's in the "teaser".

It certainly seemed so when I saw it, although the main picture in the teaser doesn't seem to show the white flash on the chest, which should be visible above the club badge if the proportions are correct. I may not have got it right, but I can't see another generic Nike kit which so closely resembles the teaser.

Hmmm, doesn't appear to have a perfectly round collar. Looks to me like it draws to a point just above the v-bit of the collarbone. I like it. Just so long as the sponsor graphic is tasteful. I think the 07/08 Apex logo was tastefully done. I think the ADT logo was hideous. And the Atlantic Telecom logo was just so huge it looked like the team was Atlantic Telecom FC, with the minor sponsor being AFC.

It looks increasingly like the Varsity shirt is the one which we'll be wearing next season.

This additional picture shows that the flash on the left breast (which I couldn't see in earlier pictures) is indeed above the club logo. Not too sure about the cartoony stars, like: it (and the fact it's a rebranded off-the-peg shirt) doesn't exactly scream 'tradition' the way that Redweb wants us to believe. Not that I'm complaining necessarily; I just wish they wouldn't feed us this pretentious horseshit about how much work has gone into the design, heritage etc.

story1.jpg

Let's just hope we get red shorts and not white ones as per the Rooney pic above.

Looking at the Nike teamwear site too, it seems like this varsity shirt is one of the cheapest off the shelf designs in the range too. I don't like it.

And I know this probably won't be a popular opinion, but I don't like having stars above the crest, I think it cheapens our achievements. It's a case of jumping on a bandwagon to piggy back the Italians who do it out of genuine tradition. Man City have got stars on the crest just because it looks "continental". To me, it's a bit like saltire tattoos. I don't need a tattoo to be patriotic and I don't need stars to show how proud I am of our achievements as a club.

Okay... I've done a bit of basic Photoshopping based on my investigations so far, and I reckon that if we were to suspend our disbelief and imagine that Apex remained as our sponsor for next year (which they won't) then this is how our kit would look. Like I say, everything except the sponsor's logo should be correct.

2802i5c.jpg

Thoughts?

Guest swaddon

I don't care if we play in old coal sacks (red ones of course), as long as we win games. Some fans will moan about anything.

1 Round Collars are pish because they strangle you at fives.

2 Skin tight things are pish because my ever growing man boobs look stupid in them

3 Skin tight things are pish because we are not Italian and its bollocks freezing in Scotland.