Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Motherwell v Aberdeen

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game at the moment seems to be huge!! Another good performance and a win required to go into the Huns game buzzing because after yesterday( and i have a feeling they will beat Osauna) the Huns will be right up for us on Saturday!!

Aberdeen midfielder Barry Nicholson will miss the trip to Fir Park after suffering a shoulder injury in the 1-0 win over Hearts on Saturday.

However, striker Darren Mackie returns after a bout of tonsillitis and a hip injury for Jimmy Calderwood's side.

Motherwell's Darren Smith, Stephen Craigan, Danny Murphy and Brian Kerr are doubtful for the visit of the Dons.

Phil O'Donnell, Brian McLean and Keith Lasley are all injured, while Paul Quinn misses out through suspension.

Really hope Kerr misses out.  Its nice to be playing games which really mean something unlike last season where all we had to play for the top 6.  Fancy 2-0 with Lovell scoring first and Mackie getting the 2nd.

Guest lenny

What pubs in town show setanta games?

Most pubs that show football normally have Setanta.  Pittodrie Bar is a safe bet for tomorrow night.

Cool, thanks. Do you know if Ma Cameron's or Triple K's show them?

This game is probably more important than the rangers game. If we are as solid defencivley as we were against hearts then we should be ok. Maybe worth while putting Foster on McDonald, like what he's done with Sproule in the past?

This game is probably more important than the rangers game. If we are as solid defencivley as we were against hearts then we should be ok. Maybe worth while putting Foster on McDonald, like what he's done with Sproule in the past?

Tend to agree that this game is ppotentially more important than the Huns. Adopting a sense of realism, think we're more likely to finish third than second, and tomorrows game is the sort of game we rend to slip up in. Having said that i'm going for a 2-0 win for us. Lovell and Smith.

Specualtion going around that Barry Nic is not only out tomorrow but for the next four weeks or os.

Guest boaby

I hope the players go in with the same attitude that they had on Saturday.

We never let Hearts settle.

We canna play the big-shots and expect to just turn up and get the points.

Would really stick in the throat if we blew 2nd cos of this game.

Seve needs another big game.

I'm pleased that Mackie is back. If one thing was missing on Saturday it was hassling the Hearts defense and general chasing of balls up front. Brewster is obviously nae gonna be effective in closing down defenders and Lovell's nae interested in that. mackie has the engine to do it and that could be important away from home.

Nicholson a big miss.

Hopefully Smith starts playing some football soon. He was mince on Saturday.

Mon the dons

Guest swaddon

The Dons do have a history of blowing the big games recently, I point to the Hibs cup game at Pittodrie in January as an example. I can't see anything other than a draw tomorrow night, probably 1-1.

The Dons do have a history of blowing the big games recently,

We have blown chances but Saturday was probably one of the biggest games so far & we have ground out results & fight till the last minute.

I think we'll win but it might be a nail-biter.

Again. :o

My Line Up for Tuesday Night:

Langfield

Hart Anderson Considine Foster

J Smith Severin Dempsey Clark

Mackie Lovell

Bench: Soutar, Miller, Daal, D Smith, Diamond, Maguire, Brewster

Only difference I would make is puting in Miller instead of Mackie.

Means we can bring on Brewster and/or Mackie later on in game.

Plus Mackie's last performance was absolutely rank even by his standards.

Guest swaddon

My Line Up for Tuesday Night:

Langfield

Hart Anderson Considine Foster

J Smith Severin Dempsey Clark

Mackie Lovell

Bench: Soutar, Miller, Daal, D Smith, Diamond, Maguire, Brewster

I don't know if Mackie will be fully fit for it, Tangoman might keep his mate Brewster up front and use Mackie as a sub. Or maybe Lovell will go back to his John Hewitt-esque supersub role.