Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Winning benefits

So, how much will the win today and 3rd place help us? Certainly there is the financial bonus of Europe but surely the appeal of european football will aid in the addition of new signings.

While our keepers aren't great we're set there, although I think transfer listed Neil Alexander would be a good pick up (but unrealistic)

Defence now has plenty of depth - we lose Donald but the signings help us there

Midfield - lose Dempsey, Winter, McAuley and sign 3 here hopefully - at 33 I don't think we want McNamara running his arse off in midfield every week

Up front we lose Daal but I think Lovell, Miller, Mackie, Maguire and Brewster and is depth enough, although I do see Brewster getting a managers job in the next 6 months.

We've signed two players so far in Mair and McNamara (has Kurrant signed?) but in my opinion we still need two wide players and a central midfielder - are we still being linked with Michael Stewart as he'd give us the depth and bite in midfield. Again, unrealistic, but Tommy Miller from Sunderland would be an attacking goalscoring midfielder who is being released. Any idea who we are looking at in wide positions?