Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

100 - The Past, Present & Future of AFC

To celebrate my 100th post on DT, I thought I would just speak some shite, if you would afford me your tolerance.

The past of Aberdeen Football Club is irrelevant. Much as I enjoyed it, it's history.

The present? Well there's nothing happening this friday afternoon so that's irrelevant too.

The future, now that's what's important. Or is it?

With the players we've got, and the manager we have, and the Director of Football above him, I can't see much hope for the immediate future.

Hope is important, particularly in the marketing sense of this business, selling tickets in advance of the show.

But in keeping with my natural optimistic nature, and being a glass half full kind of scientist, I think it's all going tits up.

Thanks for Copenhagen & Bayern, a couple of home games (Hibs, Falkirk) and the epic two games v. Celtic QF. Other than that, it's been shite.

So, thats it. Nothing more to say. Don't even care any more. Thanks AFC plc. I think I'll play golf for 6 months now. Bye.

To celebrate my 100th post on DT, I thought I would just speak some shite, if you would afford me your tolerance.

The past of Aberdeen Football Club is irrelevant. Much as I enjoyed it, it's history.

The present? Well there's nothing happening this friday afternoon so that's irrelevant too.

With the players we've got, and the manager we have, and the Director of Football above him, I can't see much hope for the immediate future.

Hope is important, particularly in the marketing sense of this business, selling tickets in advance of the show.

But in keeping with my natural optimistic nature, and being a glass half full kind of scientist, I think it's all going tits up.

Thanks for Copenhagen & Bayern, a couple of home games (Hibs, Falkirk) and the epic two games v. Celtic QF. Other than that, it's been shite.

So, thats it. Nothing more to say. Don't even care any more. Thanks AFC plc. I think I'll play golf for 6 months now. Bye.

Nae like you ;)

Dinnae understand the second highlighted part ???

That's bullshit. A football club is nothing without it's history.

Say what you like. Seeing Aberdeen play that many games in Europe this season was great for a young lad like myself.

I'm too young to remember when Aberdeen were ever pushing to win the league or go anywhere productive in Europe, so to me this season has been great. I don't like the manager, and I don't think alot of the players are as good as the Euro results would imply, however it's truelly been a great season and time to be an Aberdeen fan (well, untill someone mentions Queen of the South that is).

Say what you like. Seeing Aberdeen play that many games in Europe this season was great for a young lad like myself.

I'm too young to remember when Aberdeen were ever pushing to win the league or go anywhere productive in Europe, so to me this season has been great. I don't like the manager, and I don't think alot of the players are as good as the Euro results would imply, however it's truelly been a great season and time to be an Aberdeen fan (well, untill someone mentions Queen of the South that is).

1 win in 8 games = good? Great season?

It's me that's out of touch. I am delighted to hand over the baton to you younger loons. Fuck this...

It's me that's out of touch. I am delighted to hand over the baton to you younger loons. Fuck this...

That's only one response to your rather self indulgent rant. And, as you'd intimated, you don't care anyway, you're away to play golf, so why the fuck do you care?

Make your fucking mind up.

Beating FC Copenhagen 4-0, drawing against Dnipro twice, Drawing against Bayern Munich where Aberdeen were ahead twice, and only drew due to a Penalty.

I'm 18 years old, thats the most exciting set of results I've ever seen as an Aberdeen fan since before I can remember.