Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Gretna - OFF?

There are reports on Radio Scotland that Gretna could be out of business by tomorrow lunchtime.

Apparently it'll cost them £30k to play us on Saturday - wages, transport, accomodation - and they simply can't raise that in time.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Take it we'll just get the points?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are reports on Radio Scotland that Gretna could be out of business by tomorrow lunchtime.

Apparently it'll cost them £30k to play us on Saturday - wages, transport, accomodation - and they simply can't raise that in time.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Take it we'll just get the points?

The hail situation is a fucking farce that's bin on the cards for a while. Ah think  the game will still go ahead but we'll be playing a depleted team o youngsters and loan players

Glad I didn't book my train up for the game on hearing that, unlike the others  :wave:

Its just the administrator trying to scare the league into giving them more cash.....................I hope if not looks like 4 extra at the Cove v Wick game.  

Club still planning game to go ahead

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1263686,00.html

Aberdeen Football Club is preparing as normal for this weekend's Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League fixture against Gretna at Pittodrie, despite the uncertainty surrounding the visitors' future.

Dons Managing Director Duncan Fraser revealed he had been in close dialogue with the SPL throughout this afternoon (Wednesday) but, that as things stand, there was no indication one way or the other as to whether Gretna will be able to fulfil the fixture. "I have been speaking regularly with Ian Blair at Hampden and he, in turn, has been in contact with the administrator and we are hopeful that the situation will be resolved tomorrow. It is obviously out of Aberdeen's hands and whether we play at the weekend will be down to the administrator and Gretna's owner and, while nobody takes any pleasure at their predicament, it is in everyone's interest for a swift outcome one way or the other.

"However, we naturally want to play and we are hopeful that Gretna will be here on Saturday as planned. If they are not then there are obviously ramifications, not just for Aberdeen, but for every club in the SPL."

From what I can see the teams above us in the league would lose the following:

Motherwell - 3 wins 9 points

UTD - 1 win 3 points

Hibs - 3 wins 9 points

Falkirk - 2 wins 6 points

Hearts - 1 win, 2 draws 5 points

We have 1 win, 1 draw 4 points.

Although I think the SPL will bail them out to avoid a points readjustment this scenario wouldn't be a disaster for us. Maybe Motherwell and Hibs will lend them the money  ;D

Gaining 5 points on Motherwell and Hibs would be nice, although dropping one behind UTD not so good.

Mid table would be:

3 Dundee Utd    42

4 Motherwell    37

5 Hibernian      32

6 Falkirk   31

7 Hearts         31

8 Aberdeen      30