Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Today's Game

Are you retarded?  ???

We played the hibs reserve team which ended with 9 men on the park and we couldn't beat them! The result and performance was horrific! The goal by foster was good but that in no way makes up for the result.

That's kind of what i was thinking. Too many players short on form, confidence, desire and luck today. Jamie Smith is not match fit. That was glaringly obvious even before the game. He's been out with various injuries that will affect a footballer's performance, but in he goes. On the left wing, where he's always looked about as interested as our dwindling attendance.

Brewster is past it. I fail to see what good there is in playing him from the start and forcing the partnership with A. N. Other, when he'll be off to the first team that gives him a manager's job (next week if the radio's anything to go by).

Considine had an absolute shocker today. Nothing else needs to be said about that.

Severin hasn't looked interested in weeks, months even.

I thought Langfield had a very ropy first half as well. Thought he went down far too quickly for the first goal, and looked very slow to react to Shields's trundler. I'll wait to see them on tv before i'm sure about that though.

Foster and Mackie worked very hard and had good games, and Foster in particular is really starting to prove his critics wrong (especially me) now he's found a position (until the feted horse Byrne gets fit again, that is). If the whole team worked like them, we'd be fine.

No I'm not retarded, thanks for asking.

My point was that we need every point we can get, and when Hibs had eleven men it didn't sound like we were getting a sniff. I'd rather get one point than none.

Agree the results a shocker given the level we were playing against but the teams been gash for weeks now. I don't know how you're going to motivate that side if the possibility of a European place doesn't spur them on: questions have to be asked about how gee'd up Calderwood gets them as well.

"Aye lads, if you win we're looking good for Europe, but you know if you go out and play like you barely give a shit I'm sure that'll be fine too."

Today was an absolute shocker. Foster deserved his man of the match, since he was one of the few who seemed up for the game and scored an absolute peach. Brewster should not be on from the start as there were a couple of chances in the first half that lovell or someone with some pace might have reached. I think today was one of Brewsters worst games, and it's time for him to be benched. What must Lovel and Miller think if he's before them in the pecking order? Severin's not been at the races for weeks, and Jamie Smith was patently not match fit and neither of them seemed to be able to reach a player in a red shirt with most of their passes. Things improved later on, but we should never have conceded those goals and we should have cruised past that hibs line-up.

I am not happy with these last few displays, and worry about what'll happen when Killie come calling, since we mugged them last time we played them, and never deserved ANY points, never mind all three! At least the tarts got beaten eventually, which is about the only thing preventing my lower lip from sticking out in a sulky display of petulance.

Brewster was 2nd best to at nearly everything, he had a few good passes and headers but he is very slow, and i think its time for him to call it a day, Jamie smith was poor i think it has been his worst game this season, he still isnt near full fitness, foster did very well alongside anderson, still not think langfield is our guy in the goalmouth, we need someone who can kick a decsent ball, and i kinda was worried at times when langfield was attempt to kick the ball expecting where is it going to land, the crowd was poor dispite the weather cond's, I think aberdeen should reduce prices or an offer to say thank you for supporting this season but yet no sign of that to happen,

Guest ullevi83

Big problems at the moment, if we can't beat a Hibs reserve team at home and our manager considers a 40 year old to be a better option than two twenty something strikers, we get all we deserve.  The Hibs kids had more desire, more energy and more quality than us today.  Only when they went down to 10 men did it look as if we were playing on a level playing field.  Well done Foster, Ive been one his biggest critics, but really did have a good game today, topped off with a fantastic goal, pity Severin, Clark, Brewster, Considine, Nicholson and Langfield couldnt bother there arse. 

Killie at home next week is now an even bigger game, could have been the game we secured europe, but now we will have to win that one and hope we get something at Swynecastle to have a hope of getting europe in my opinion.

Oh and anyone else getting seriously p!ssed off with Calderwood??

Brewster needs dropped - a blind man can see he's off the pace.  How he keeps out Lovell, easily the best striker at the club, I'll never know.  I'm not averse to seeing Brewster coming on for the last 15 minutes if the game requires us to just pump the ball upfield, but by then players are as tired as Brewster looks.

Somehow knew Mackie was missing that penalty today.  As good as his previous one was, I just don't have any confidence in seeing Darren step up to take a spot kick, normally duty should default back to Nicholson now, not that we'll get another penalty for months.

Guest scottiedon75

why does brewster get a game,we should have one especially playing hibs youth team get diamond and lovell back in the starting 11

Are you retarded?  ???

We played the hibs reserve team which ended with 9 men on the park and we couldn't beat them! The result and performance was horrific! The goal by foster was good but that in no way makes up for the result.

Have to agree completely with that.