Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Milne leadership

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There sems to be a fair mix of opinion on Milnes leadership and management of Aberdeen's affairs.  i thought it would be interesting after, not just a poor result today, but after what seems a poor spell in the transfer market and a run of questionable results.  This is not a knee jerk "Milne must go" rant, just an exercise in general opinion.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wiggy is a w@nker. the boy is one of richest men in britain with a few hundred mill in the bank and thats just his business money not his personal wealth, he's only hear to sell pittodrie and build homes on the land because it's worth a fortune, he's an arse

wiggy is a w@nker. the boy is one of richest men in britain with a few hundred mill in the bank and thats just his business money not his personal wealth, he's only hear to sell pittodrie and build homes on the land because it's worth a fortune, he's an arse

I agree but is the next man going to spend anymore.

Quite clearly not.

Yes I know Calderwood has his detractors and to be honest he has given them plenty of ammunition.

But in a season when we recopu the best part of 1.5 mil in tfr fees and a lucrative european run I would expect to see contracts to meet players demands and furthermore a defender to replace Anderson coming in during January - instead of bargain basement pish, protracted contract wrangles and losing 2 first team players.

Debt or no debt it is without question there is no ambition showing from Milne.

Calderwood can only do so much..

I have said it before and been ripped apart for it. I believe this his only interest. Otherwise a real fan would put at least a little bit of cash into the club.

I did hear rumours about Paul Lawrie being a possibility, but that was a few years ago.

I think you hit the nail on the head there...it's his BUSINESS assets. His 'wealth' isn't his pennies he has sitting in an Aberdeen branch of the Royal Bank or somewhere. The £200m or whatever figure it is isn't his liquid assets he's able to pump into AFC.

I don't think Milne would do it anyway. I'll never forget the post Copenhagen dressing room shot, and the commentators were on about wonder if he'll give any money now...Hibs fan I was with today even brought up "Toaster gate". :-[ But if he is in it for the money, he's in the wrong business i'm afraid. I wouldn't chuck millions at Aberdeen, especially with the board thats there.

I think we should just accept that this is the best form of leadership we're going to get in the foreseeable future. As someone said, better the devil you know and all that...

Thats not his responsiblity is it? I honestly think, and i'm sure everyone has thought, the club needs clearing out in the way it is being run. I don't think anyone behind the scenes is doing their job properly. From as you said, bringing in decent sponsors (although hopefully with us being in Europe will give us a bit more bargaining power) right down to players contracts and marketing. It is a joke.

A bit harsh. Im hardly advocating stringing the man up from the nearest tree!!

I'll get the pitchforks if you want to find some flaming torches.  ;)

I've said no. In theory, Milne could/should be a very good chairman. He's got the wealth to help out, he's apparently a fan, he's got the business profile to attract the corporate big hitters (even if he doesn't do the actual negotiating, surely he can be an attractive "face" to investors?). However, it just doesn't look like it'll work out like that, for god knows what reason. He just doesn't seem to do much of anything.

Willie Miller for Wiggy's position?? Reading an article in Scotland on Sunday today (Cant find the article on line) that puts Bayern Munich's continuing success down to so many ex players making up the areas where big decisions are made, ie Ruminigge and Breitner.  Surely a combo of people who actually give a toss is whats needed to progress the club???

Willie Miller for Wiggy's position?? Reading an article in Scotland on Sunday today (Cant find the article on line) that puts Bayern Munich's continuing success down to so many ex players making up the areas where big decisions are made, ie Ruminigge and Breitner.  Surely a combo of people who actually give a toss is whats needed to progress the club???

And who secures the debt?

Think about it man.