Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What's happening with this guy? Did he sign a precontract yet and I missed it or is he wrangling over the deal?

Can't say I'm overjoyed at him signing, and I'm not a fan of this "everyone plays everywhere" policy of J.C.'s, but if he thinks he'll strengthen the squad then fair play.

I'll be really pissed off if JC fucks off and leaves us with this useless article unnecessarily.

Don't worry Slim, he'll be a key component of our future manager Brewster's defence, as he was under the previous United manager......... I really hope Brewster gets the Livi job, just to all but rule out the possibility of that happening.

Yes, cause from Livi, if Brewster was offered the Aberdeen job he wouldn't see it as a step up... ???

I've little doubt that he would see it as a step up (I bloody hope so anyway). But if he was at another club, there'd be compensatory issues, and i'm thinking our board's not the most free with it's cash. That's more what i was getting at. It does open whole new cans of worms that are best suited to many many other threads when the day comes that JC does pack his desk away and head for the boot of the nearest people carrier, but you get my thinking now?  ;)

True but our board tend to have a tendency to loosen the purestrings at the most inappropriate of times.  For example:

"Mr Milne, can I have 60k to spend on an amateur at best left back currently plying his trade for the Dunfermline reserve side?"

"No."

"But he has a comedy name..."

"Aye ok then!"

True but our board tend to have a tendency to loosen the purestrings at the most inappropriate of times.  For example:

"Mr Milne, can I have 60k to spend on an amateur at best left back currently plying his trade for the Dunfermline reserve side?"

"No."

"But he has a comedy name..."

"Aye ok then!"

Sadly, you're absolutely right there.  :