Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Brian Kerr and Gavin Rae

Surely both must be reasonable targets given they will be free agents. Even though Rae has stated he may go south, a decent contract from his home club may sway him, plus Kerr has suggested he'd move on if they didn't keep McDonald. With Dempsey, MacAuley, and Winter going/gone could we afford both? While I understand Jimmy wants wingers, losing these 3 and Seve being injury prone leaves us pretty thin in the middle.

Didn't Kerr used to play for Newcastle? Or is that a different Kerr? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I seem to remember he used to be quite handy in his day. I don't really know about Rae, though. We tabled a bid for him years ago, before he left Dens. He hummed and hawed about that move, so I very much doubt he'd be keen on a move to Aberdeen now that he's been at "the mighty" Rangers.

Wage demands would be astronomical, too!

Didn't Kerr used to play for Newcastle? Or is that a different Kerr? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I seem to remember he used to be quite handy in his day. I don't really know about Rae, though. We tabled a bid for him years ago, before he left Dens. He hummed and hawed about that move, so I very much doubt he'd be keen on a move to Aberdeen now that he's been at "the mighty" Rangers.

Wage demands would be astronomical, too!

Kerr is the ex-Newcastle player..

kerr would be a terrific asset, and is a big, big step forward from gary dempsey.

gavin rae would be even better, i'd argue, but unless he fancies a drop in wages only matched in recent history by that experienced by gerald ratner after his 'total crap' debacle, he won't be coming to todders.

still, the fact that these are the types of players we're chasing demonstrates the team SHOULD be getting better in the close season, as opposed to being weakened year after year, which is what was happening at the turn of the decade.

Guest efan_ekoku

Fuck sake, EE reporting that Calderwood is not interested in Kerr. WHY NOT? He's good and free. There better be a better centre mid coming in instead then Jimbo

To be honest with Rae in particular his next move has Championship side written all over it.

Not good enough for Premiership, getting on in terms of playing career, and probably looking to bank a few quid over the next three/four years. I reckon someone like Sheff Wed is as good as he's going to get

Fuck sake, EE reporting that Calderwood is not interested in Kerr.

Yeah, when was the last time the EE wrote something credible? If everyone says "right" the EE will say "left" just to say sixteen years down the track that they were the first ones to say "left".

Guest efan_ekoku

Fuck sake, EE reporting that Calderwood is not interested in Kerr.

Yeah, when was the last time the EE wrote something credible? If everyone says "right" the EE will say "left" just to say sixteen years down the track that they were the first ones to say "left".

They quoted Calderwood as saying "I have no interest in Brian Kerr". Unless JC thought the reporter was asking if he wanted to buy his car: "I have no interest in buying car"  ;)

I don't think Rae would entertain the thought of joining us, but Kerr's a possibility - European football hopefully, and consistent top six finishes as opposed to journeyman performances and the bottom six.

Any reason why Rae wouldn't make the move MG? or just personal opinion?

I don't think Rae would entertain the thought of joining us, but Kerr's a possibility - European football hopefully, and consistent top six finishes as opposed to journeyman performances and the bottom six.

I don't think we could afford him for one thing, and he'd be more than aware of the hostile reception he'd get a) from us for being an ex-hun and b) from the hun support for moving to us.

The cash thing is the biggie though.

I don't think we could afford him for one thing, and he'd be more than aware of the hostile reception he'd get a) from us for being an ex-hun and b) from the hun support for moving to us.

The cash thing is the biggie though.

He hasn't been getting PT with the huns, his value is down a bit. the cash might not be so big a deal if he knew he'd be the big fish here.  I'm thinking a 2 or 3 year deal that could launch him south...

Guest Redpeter

Seem to remember reading that Jimmy said the reason Dempsey never got more playing time was because he felt him and Seve were maybe a bit too slow to be playing together in midfield. I would put Rae into the same bracket as dempsey in that aspect. I think if we are going to sign a central midfielder we should go for someone who can run the ball through the middle, bit like smith does from the flanks...

My Hibee flatmate says Brian Kerr has signed a pre-contract with them...

Reliable source?? None

It would appear that he's right you know.

Indeed. Maybe I should listen to him more often.

Been south of the border for a couple of days.

Has this actually been confirmed as of yet, or is it merely a case of folk putting 2+2 together because he worked under Tommy Craig at Newcastle ?

Last I read about 24 hours ago was that he was "likely" to sign for the Hibees cos of the connections with Tommy Craig. We've got connections wi' Tommy Craig too.

Excuse me ... but wasn't Tommy Craig that useless chappy who was assistant to Roy Aitken? Didn't Craig give the tip to Aitken to sign Haruldar Ingulfsson? Fuckin useless tosser. I mind the joke that came of that on "Only An Excuse". They showed the auld Wiseman Dairies advert wi the footballing cow, and then showed Tommy Craig walking on with a contract for the cow to sign. I think that's still the one and only time Aberdeen FC have featured on "Only An Excuse".