Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player update

So that’s Leigh and (thank fuck) Gallagher returned to their parent clubs. Surprised we didn’t keep Leigh, but guess that can only mean one thing. Hayes.

Released frank and seb ross, and obviously Rogers. Number of other youth a development squad released. Club still holding talks with Cerny. Would like to keep him as more than solid back up for lewis

Was never that impressed defensively with Leigh when he played left back. Pretty sure we could get better especially when we were allegedly paying a fee for Leigh. Happy to see Gallagher getting returned to Atlanta as he was rank rotten. Feel a bit sorry for Frank Ross as he looked decent before he got injured but never seemed to recover from it.

I thought Leigh a decent enough LB and would liked to have seen him remain, but sad fact is we possibly cannot afford to pay a fee. Another season with Considine at LB beckons.  :(

Glad Gallagher is gone, one of the worst footballers we have had at the club and that is saying something with the gash we have had over the years.

Being reported in the Hun (I know) that we have offered Hayes a two year deal.

doubt we'll get anyone else in tbh. Whilst I am a bit meh about it, he has a bit of soul which I think this team has lacked. So maybe it's a positive thing.

With the whole covid situation and the finances the way they are, I expect very few signings (of quality that is) in the league. With our size and ‘depth’ (talking numbers and not necessarily ability) of squad, I didn’t expect any signings. We’ve got a fair few wingers and Considine, even Logan or Hedges at left back (plus the 3-5-2 option), think Hayes is a very good pick up. 32 is older but still got a lot to offer us.

Lewis

Hernandez-Devlin-McKenna-Considine

Ferguson-McGeough

Kennedy-McGinn-Hayes

Cosgrove

Doesn’t include Logan, Taylor, Ojo, Hedges, Bryson, Main, Wright, and a back up keeper (did Cerny sign?), that quite a solid 19. Under normal circumstances I’d expect one or two to go, that’s a lot for us not including youngsters, but who has the money to buy from us........but then again if there’s interest I’d expect us to release players from contracts to get them off the books, with the exception being Cosgrove, Ferguson, and McKenna obviously.

Interesting you pick Devlin. I wasn't impressed when we re-signed Taylor, but he had a very good season. Devlin was pap in nearly every game. I'd even offload him if someone wanted to pay his wages. I'd also have ojo ahead of McGeouch too, who only had one good game - our last game - since joining. I agree though, don't expect any more in, and we couldn't afford to fuck up with a risky signing, which makes Hayes all the better.

It’s heart and head, don’t disagree with you on either, both my choices have impressed at other clubs, hope more than anything. Honestly don’t mind if we sell Ferguson and play both Ojo and McG, plus surely Bryson will give us something if given the chance. Saw McG as a panic buy and we have a log jam in center mid, especially if Wright is a #10, plus in Hayes we didn’t necessarily need a winger, another log jam there. Curious to see how this plays out and have to feel we will see players go since we are making a significant loss at present.

With the whole covid situation and the finances the way they are, I expect very few signings (of quality that is) in the league. With our size and ‘depth’ (talking numbers and not necessarily ability) of squad, I didn’t expect any signings. We’ve got a fair few wingers and Considine, even Logan or Hedges at left back (plus the 3-5-2 option), think Hayes is a very good pick up. 32 is older but still got a lot to offer us.

Lewis

Hernandez-Devlin-McKenna-Considine

Ferguson-McGeough

Kennedy-McGinn-Hayes

Cosgrove

Doesn’t include Logan, Taylor, Ojo, Hedges, Bryson, Main, Wright, and a back up keeper (did Cerny sign?), that quite a solid 19. Under normal circumstances I’d expect one or two to go, that’s a lot for us not including youngsters, but who has the money to buy from us........but then again if there’s interest I’d expect us to release players from contracts to get them off the books, with the exception being Cosgrove, Ferguson, and McKenna obviously.

I wouldn't count on McKenna playing another game for AFC.

No fall out or anything like that, just he is the one that is going to be sold.

His sale will do two things, bridge the financial gap we're facing currently and secondly finance the fee we require to pay to get Leigh on board as a permanent signing.

I wouldn't count on McKenna playing another game for AFC.

No fall out or anything like that, just he is the one that is going to be sold.

His sale will do two things, bridge the financial gap we're facing currently and secondly finance the fee we require to pay to get Leigh on board as a permanent signing.

Interesting, I presume you've heard a few whispers?  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest mind.

Interesting, I presume you've heard a few whispers?  Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest mind.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt. I saw him shopping for food the other week and he looked fully committed to the dandies.

For what it's worth, I think we should take a good offer (£4-5M) if it arises. It's got to be the model that we're looking at with the new training facility. If we can get good money for the likes of Ferguson and Cosgrove, then that'd be great too. Obviously, try to stagger the sales of our best players. I don't think McKenna over Considine makes the difference between finishing third and second or fourth and is an area we can probably afford to lose in if it stabilises the club for the next year or two. If Ferguson has another good season then expect the same to happen with him next year. If Cosgrove gets a run of form then I expect a bid might come in January and we'd just have to see how we sit in terms of league position and finances. It's fantastic to see us have players with actual valuation >£0 at the club. Big Ronnie will makes us £10M once he learns how to play fitba too. I can see Campbell coming good soon too, despite some pish, he had a couple of games last season that showed he can be a cracking fitba'r. I think he'll kick on when he works out the level required. Hopefully fetch us enough to put in a new main stand.

I think we are well staffed to utilise a 352 with Hernandez and Hayes as wing backs.

I assume Hayes coming means we won't be signing Leigh permanently.

Lewis

Taylor (or Logan may be suited to go a bit more central as he loses his pace)

McKenna

Considine

Hernandez

Ferguson

Ojo

Kennedy

Hayes

McGinn

Cosgrove

I don't think we can see another season of McGinn out wide, Kennedy also looks better through the middle than out wide, Hernandez doesn't look like he can be trusted to defend properly and it'll be a stretch to expect Considine to spend another season galloping up the left flank.

Fair play to Hayes, didn’t he sign a new contract the Jan before he left to ensure we got a fee, refunded any new strips with his name when he did go, and am I right in thinking also donated some of his signing on fee to the community trust or youth development???