Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Danny Rogers

9 years at the club is a disgrace. It was clear he wasn't part of the plans the season Joe got injured and we got the lad Woodman from Newcastle, despite Danny doing OK in his two starts in goal., A decision I could have accepted if Woodman was experienced and was any good, but I didn't rate him much.

Won't be easy for him getting fixed up with another club, but all the best to him anyway.

If he did ok then it was just ok and no more.

It was obvious then that he had no future at the club.

Exactly, he did OK, but didn't look as though he was going to be the next Jim leighton in the making. The fact that Del replaced him with another rookie when Joe got injured a couple of seasons ago told us all we needed to know, but then getting another two years out of us was a very strange move.

Did he not win championship player/goalkeeper of the season at Falkirk one year?

I always got the impression that he was rated highly and he would be the successor to Joe Lewis when he moved on. Pretty sure when he signed on Lewis was being linked with Aston Villa, so the management must have thought there was a chance he wouldn't be with us and Rodgers would get a chance to break into the team.

Obviously Lewis has stuck around and intimated that he will be here for the long haul, so the situation has changed. He might still do ok and I'm sure based on the successful loans he has had he will get fixed with something at scottish championship or a low level English side.