Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Farking B teams again

Their PR deflectors have stepped up a gear.

Announced a couple of days ago they are selling off part of the car-park next to the ground for a housing project (wonder how the planners will respond to that given they could actually ask 'OK so where are you putting these parking spaces yer losing) and use the money to convert the office block at the back of the Copeland Road stand into a Seveco Museum and conference venue. As far as I'm aware they have been trying to sell or at least rent that office block for the last 8 years but no-one has touched it.

Now its putting a B team into the lower leagues and they will supposedly buy 200 away tickets for each game (cash upfront  :tumbleweed: ) and also fork out £1000 a match to stream them so the 'smaller teams don't miss out'.

The other week they were allegedly top of the list of UK teams to go bust with closed door football.

I wouldn't be surprised if the alleged 3million they paid for Hagi (notice it started at 5million and then went down each week) was a lie to try and convince their hordes they are actually capable of competing financially with Celtic and maybe even following their recruitment strategy. Difference being the Tic seem to be able to sign up young players for a few 100k and then sell for a few million.

By no means an expert in judging players but something says to me if Hagi Jr was as good as his Dad he wouldn't be at Sevco.

This was unanimously rejected by the lower league teams last time and the time before. Clubs said it devalued lower leagues by turning them into glorified reserve leagues. Claim that this will help the Scottish National team is laughable given the number of non Scots that both teams regularly sign for their development teams. Hopefully this gets punted again.

As for Hagi fact that Genk were looking to punt him 6 months after they signed him for €8m tells you there is something not right.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/05/2021 at 22:30, Jute said:

Bigots reserves to play in Lowland League next season. No way this is just for one season as claimed. They will be in league system now and we will never get them out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12303106/rangers-and-celtic-can-enter-b-teams-in-scottish-lowland-league-for-one-season-only

Well there's a surprise.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-and-celtic-colts-could-join-spfl-in-expanded-league-structure-including-lowland-and-highland-league-champions-3285889

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, manc_don said:

Thank fuck. Entirely embarrassing.  As someone elsewhere mentioned, the Dutch haven't produced a good footballer since they introduced the colt teams. But then on the flip side, the Spanish have done very well.

Saw an article that showed hardly any of the of Spanish squad played in B teams and those that did only played a handful games. 

It will keep on getting proposed by them at least once every 12 months until they finally hit upon a scheme (likely involving some sort of inducement inbuilt into the scheme for lower league clubs) until they finally get what they want. It's all an insurance policy so that if/when the arse cheeks get invited into a new European or British league set up a few years down the line, they have a legacy set-up already in the Scottish league system to act as a feeder towards their "big" teams. 

And you can be sure that any progress limitations initially imposed will be wiped out asap after this happens and the colts sides will be allowed to progress to the SPL.

I'm totally resigned to it happening, for me it's just when, not if

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It will keep on getting proposed by them at least once every 12 months until they finally hit upon a scheme (likely involving some sort of inducement inbuilt into the scheme for lower league clubs) until they finally get what they want. It's all an insurance policy so that if/when the arse cheeks get invited into a new European or British league set up a few years down the line, they have a legacy set-up already in the Scottish league system to act as a feeder towards their "big" teams. 

And you can be sure that any progress limitations initially imposed will be wiped out asap after this happens and the colts sides will be allowed to progress to the SPL.

I'm totally resigned to it happening, for me it's just when, not if

Is there any uefa or fifa regulation that prevents that from happening? Or is it all down to local FAs to actually maintain integrity? If the latter is the case then we’re royal fucked.

19 hours ago, Jute said:

Saw an article that showed hardly any of the of Spanish squad played in B teams and those that did only played a handful games. 

But I wouldn’t say that they’ve been a detriment unlike the Dutch system. Dutch footballers are no where near the level they used to be. Van dijk is probably the closest and even then he was pish against us ?

4 hours ago, manc_don said:

But I wouldn’t say that they’ve been a detriment unlike the Dutch system. Dutch footballers are no where near the level they used to be. Van dijk is probably the closest and even then he was pish against us ?

I think the entire national team pros and cons debate is a red herring, there simply isn't the data to back either side of the argument, but it's an extremely useful point to throw into the mix of you're trying to confuse matters and sideline real debate. Should club football in Scotland be entirely designed around improving the national team? Or should it be designed around improving club football? What constitutes improvement? What defines a football league? Is it competition, equality of opportunity, or performance of sides in Europe? Is it about collective improvement or individual improvement?

I think we're let down massively by the media - especially the BBC - in discussing the game in this country (and any topic really). We get such short-form soundbite shite, with - for example - a single radio program split into four or five discussion points so that nothing really gets discussed and almost always through the lens of a particular club (usually the scum) rather than the game as a whole. There's no meaningful debate, no philosophical interaction. The system can't be changed, it mustn't be discussed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Here we go again SFA’s latest attempt to get B teams into league structure. 

So the argument to get the B teams into lowland league was players needed to play against adult teams to develop but now they are likely to be punted from the lowland league they want a league composed mainly of B teams. Of course it’s all about player development. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jute said:

Lowland league vote to continue with B teams. SFA threatened them with inserting a league above them to accommodate B teams if they didn’t. Suspect that will happen next season anyway. Makes a farce of the pyramid. 

Absolutely rank. Cheered on by the usual wankstains no doubt.