Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New 20/21 Home & Away strips

White collar and cuffs on the home kit look horrific, but somewhere on the payroll at Aberdeen fc there’s a person who must think that looks ok. Wtf the fuck?  :eek:

Away kit is the better of the two but still a bit busy for my subtle taste. The grey one, the blue one, the gold one....nice kits but the wrong colours, and now this. How do the club get these things so wrong?

White collar and cuffs on the home kit look horrific, but somewhere on the payroll at Aberdeen fc there’s a person who must think that looks ok. Wtf the fuck?  :eek:

Away kit is the better of the two but still a bit busy for my subtle taste. The grey one, the blue one, the gold one....nice kits but the wrong colours, and now this. How do the club get these things so wrong?

I agree, but do Adidas not just dictate which design we get to fill the colours in on?

The bars on the away are weird

The away is okay, though ruined by the sponsor logo (not much they could do about it though).

The home top is a poor effort. Quite like Aberdeen trying to claim it's based on the 1958-64 kit, which I've never heard anyone ever say was a kit we should replicate.

I don't think I've bought a home top since the one we had in 06-07 with the two shades of red. Bought the 1990 retro one and I'll just wear that until it falls apart.

Both kits are honking imo.  I know what they were trying to do with the home kit, but it's failed. Collar is too big and the strip on the arm is far too big. Just looks weird.

We usually get one dud kit every now and then but to have two is seriously disappointing.  Do they ever talk to anyone about these before committing to them?

Pretty disappointing. Someone seems to have missed the point that kids want cool strips. Looks like a real off the shelf number with no real thought. Oh! And hideous white bits.

I don't mind the away, quite like the design but again I'm not a fan of the sponsors patch. Again, doesn't look like it was created with pride.

Home kit is a standard Adidas template. Don’t like the collar or the sleeves. Away would be alright if it was not for wired panel with the sponsor logo. Not bought a shirt since the yellow and black half and half effort and cannot see that changing this season.

Celtic are apparently getting a black and gold away strip, and they've just signed up with Adidas. No idea if it'll be bespoke or from a template but will be annoying if it ends up being a cracker that we could have had for our own away top.

Last season's away but reversed would have done fine.

The wearing of football shirts by grown men in social environments would make me sad if I thought about it. The need to exhibit their allegiance to their tribe stems from reasons that are not healthy, immaturity and ignorance being their principal drivers, not even knowing themselves what compels them to do it.

It's a revenue-earner for clubs so I'm not against the production and selling of them. It's good marketing to give the customers what they want. It's a shame that they produce shit like that though. The big white around the collar just looks stupid, yet another design fuck up by the fuck ups who run AFC.

The away is okay, though ruined by the sponsor logo (not much they could do about it though).

The home top is a poor effort. Quite like Aberdeen trying to claim it's based on the 1958-64 kit, which I've never heard anyone ever say was a kit we should replicate.

I don't think I've bought a home top since the one we had in 06-07 with the two shades of red. Bought the 1990 retro one and I'll just wear that until it falls apart.

I like both home and away kits.

Can I also just say that I have been patiently waiting fifty six years for the club to replicate the look of the 1958-64 home shirt

I'm now making a third post about the strip, which is more than I've ever posted about any strip.

Was looking at the new Sweden strip, which is the same template, but theirs has a few wee tweaks to it - the position of the stripes and adding a lighter blue hoop to the sleeve rather than having a big block in one colour like us.

Maybe it's just that yellow and blue suits that strip more than red and white, but Sweden's looks far better.

thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-2.png

Also, Sweden's away strip is also a cracker.

sweden-2020-away-kit-lk-3.jpg

Anyway, we can't change it now. The 2013/14 strip was also crap and we won a trophy in it.

I normally buy the two loons a top each year, but been advised by both they don't want either of them.

I don't wear tops myself, something not right about grown folk, not usually in the best of shape, wearing these thing to games, but each to their own, just my take on things.  The fact that two young lads who are Aberdeen daft not wanting either of these tops might be an indicator of how bad they look.

I agree about the sponsor logo looking bad and looks very bad on the new away strip.

Watching the 82 Cup Final on the BBC last weekend and not seeing sponsors on our tops was very refreshing, but sadly they are not going to go away.

Well I’m never going to buy one, no matter what it looks like, but the home one would be okay if it had long sleeves.

The white cuffs look bloody stupid on a short sleeved version.

The away shirt would look cracking without that sewn on sponsors logo panel.

I saw someone wearing the new away top on Saturday and it actually looks worse than what you see in the picture.

It is all down to the sponsors logo being added to it, in the way that it has. which make it look very cheap.

I always like to see someone wearing the new top before committing. Primarily because not being in ABZ myself, means I can't exactly pop into the club shop. This seems to confirm what I thought!

• 4 weeks later...