Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

New projects

We are going to have more time on our hands as the world enters lockdown. This is an opportunity to get shit done.

What are you planning to do?

My first objective is to read more (for leisure) so hope to write a review or two in the Donstalk Book thread.

If you articulate and write down your goals, that alone gives an incentive to do it.

I am pressure washing all my fencing, sheds and decking,and then treating all with a couple of coats.shed roof to repair and fence.plus DIY around house. Probably only keep me going a week like.Plenty hills to do.looking at volunteering for the NHS somehow depending how strained it gets up here.

I put up a small shed out my back garden yesterday.

We have had a fair bit of welcome rain the past few months, so the walkways and concrete around my garden need to be washed down with the power washer.

I also like to restore old wooden furniture and have a silky oak chair that I want to work on.

• 5 months later...

Nice work. Did you hollow it out? Controversial with all that wid. Think I'd have ripped it into pieces for front, sides etc. Looks great though, will be interesting to see if it there's a lot of movement over time. Fit type of wood is it? Looks like a mahogany or gum maybe? Nae really up on my Aussie timmer.

10 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Nice work. Did you hollow it out? Controversial with all that wid. Think I'd have ripped it into pieces for front, sides etc. Looks great though, will be interesting to see if it there's a lot of movement over time. Fit type of wood is it? Looks like a mahogany or gum maybe? Nae really up on my Aussie timmer.

I think It's Merbau. Aye, took me ages to hollow it out by chisel. Regards movement, it should be fine. I've got it well attached at the back.

003 (2).jpg

Decided to make a plywood bench seat to try and help utilise the kitchen table. Currently it's just used for storage but with the bairns about to start solids / use high chairs, it makes sense. Wanted to do this at christmas when I still had time, but there you go :D Will be using a combo of hand tools / cnc (just for the openings to get a clean and crisp finish).  Unlike the bedside tables, I'll try and get photos up!  Already added another cabinet to the kitchen as well as a wee bit extra counter space. For some reason the builder who owned it last time round put the cooker hard up against the end of the counter, which is actually really annoying when you're cooking.

• 7 months later...