Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Hibs 07/03

Think this is a game we really have to win with Motherwell playing Hearts and Livingston playing St Johnstone. There is a chance we could be 6 points behind 3rd in 5th if we don’t win. Only 2 wins in last 10 league games really isn’t good enough. Campbell back from suspension but cannot see him getting into side.

In

Train up

Y

Train back to capital.

1-1 Kennedy

Our unpredictability of the last few weeks has made going to the fitba a bit more bearable/interesting than the previous predictable dirge.

Hope we continue with McGinn and Main or Cosgrove up front,and we go for it if Hibs are still off the boil.

In or Oot -  In,Mainer

Pre  -  Working

Post  - Driving

Prediction  -  Will take a 2 - 1 win  McGinn,Kennedy

Hopefully see a good game tomorrow, Hibs were well beaten against the Jambos on Tuesday night, so would expect them to try and rectify that, but we have also found a little bit of form as well, so all being well it should be a cracker....

Would like to see Leigh back at LB so we can move Considine into the centre and get Devlin out of the team as we always look bad when he is in the team.

3-2 - Main, McGinn and Considine.

An unexpected but excellent turnaround,which looked unlikely as we reached half time.Hibs started brightly,and showed us what breaking quickly is all about and deservedly went ahead.If our attacks werent breaking down,we were so laboured,that we carried little threat,though appreciate we've had to change the line up again hindering us getting into any rythym

Second half,helped by the sending off,we upped it and deservedly got back into it without being too pretty on the eye.Good old Andy once again baling us out.Whatever flaws he has must surely be cancelled out by the amount of important goals hes scored.

Top Dons for me were McGeouch,Ojo,Ferguson and McGinn.Great attitude from all.MacLennan? I want him to do well,but we could be getting so much more from him IMO.He could start by whining less and thinking more effectively

Good noisy support from Hibs,though it was nice to rub their smug elements faces in it.

Aye, great turnaround like. Some top class saves again from Lewis in the first half, and they really deserved their lead. Ferguson maybe unlucky not to get a pen, but I reckon he dived.

He did really well to get the ball ahead of Whittaker after great tackling from McGeouch for the sending off and led the team forward superbly. He's had a good 2020 like, really starting to show what he can do.

Considine again shows his value in attack but also coping well in difficult conditions. Hopefully Clarke was watching.

A good game all round. Lots of goals and a lot of battling in poor weather. Anderson's movement was excellent when he came on to. McLennan wasn't pish for the second game running.

Aye,forgot about those saves from Lewis.Could have been a different story otherwise.

As an aside,there seemed to be a heavy police presence in and around the ground.Even the Mainer,where there was a policewoman patrolling the aisles.Noticed a fair group of scarfless Hibs guys next to the RDS??

Didn't fancy us to score First today so went for Christian Doidge of Hibernian and had £20 on him to net opener at (13/2) hence I'm £90 up on game anyhow!!  Only went for him because we were looking into guy right??  Before shrink on Friday one asked what price to beat Hibernian 3-1.  Steve at bookies said (16/1).  I was gonna stick £12 on it as we normally do for a correct score yet went for 4-2 instead at (90/1) eh!!  Hindsight and everything. 

Ferguson maybe unlucky not to get a pen, but I reckon he dived.

He did dive. I sit in the Merkie and had a great view of it, he knew what he was doing. Sam does the same and I think it is being coached into them. It is as bad as blatant diving for me and I wish we would stop it.

Ferguson is showing his worth though, looks more comfortable playing further forward.

I reckon there will be bids for him in the summer

First half Hibs looked like they could go through our shambolic back 3 at will. It it was not for Joe they could have been out of sight by half time. Was very surprised we did not make changes to set up at half time. Thought second half started with Hibs still in the ascendancy again but red card changed the game. Got the break with own goal as well. Thought McGinn and Ferguson were our best players. Anderson made big difference when he came on as well. McGeouch probably had his best game in a red shirt and is hopefully starting to look like the player Hibs had.

Well, it was a fairly even game, before Hibs took the lead, but Hibs should have been up if not for Joe saving our bacon once again with a couple of top drawer saves. We went behind and we looked like headless chickens after, but the sending off changed everything and Bruce coming on gave us some good movement in the final third which caused them some problems and brought Main into the game more. I would like to see that two get a run of games together as their styles complement each other. Main played an excellent ball through to McGinn in the second half and I have seen him do this a few times for us now, there are times when he does the very basics badly and he showed off some in the first half today, but then other times he looks like a footballer, but he is doing his bit for the team and scoring some goals, cannot ask for much more from him. He even had the ball right on our right corner flag in the 2nd half and managed to get the ball past the Hibs player and up the pitch without knocking it out for a shy.

Thought McLennan played well today, especially in the first half, making good runs and getting good balls into the box, faded a bit in the second half though, but still reckon he is not a winger. Thought Kennedy did well today, did a lot of tracking back on the wing, which I don't think is natural for him, but his pace is always going to cause teams problems and good to have that back in the team.

McGeouch played well and he has a great passing ability which I hope we can benefit from in the coming games. A run of games will do him the world of good, just like it has Ojo.

I'm happier with us in the middle and up front, but we need to sort that defence out. Logan was at fault for ou goal again, with a poor touch that gifted Hibs possession from which they scored, but we just look shyte at the back.

All in all, a great three points which leads us into a big game down at Fir Park on Friday night, but we need to work on our defence.

Turgid first half, only Joe and Ferguson getting pass marks for me. The 3 at the back didn't look comfortable, Logan being the worst offender and no one could have grudged Hibs their one goal lead at half time. In hindsight, maybe having the wind at their backs was more of an advantage than I realised at the time.

Second half we continued to toil initially, when suddenly Whittaker got himself needlessly sent off. Instantly we got a huge lift from this. The elements were in our favour and by Christ did we take full advantage. The equaliser was a comedy own goal, Jackson?? leaving his poor keeper no chance. Then Consi once again became the hero finishing off a wicked corner that the wind caught. Main again worked his socks off and although a lot didn't come off for him, he got the goal that his effort deserved that killed Hibs off finally. Has to be said that Ojo and especially McGeouch came on to excellent games in the second half. Kennedy continued his decent form 2nd half also.

Results elsewhere all went our way so a good day all round. Would be nice if we could maybe take the lead in a league game though. We can't keep going behind and expect to fight back each time. Motherwell next week will be pivotal to our chances of finishing third. Right now I'd settle for just not losing....by all accounts they were very unlucky not to win at Tynecastle today. Speaking of which.....Hamilton.....hahaha. If St Mirren can win midweek against Hearts the Jambo's will be isolated at the bottom. Get down Hun-lite!

Much needed 3 points, thought we were poor, or just maybe not very good up until their Red Card. But we've struggled previously against 10 men, so was good to see us take some initiative and be positive.

Thought everyone was relatively poor until we equalized, plenty of errors for their goal starting with Logan's loose touch, Considine keeping Doidge onside, the lack of pressure on Allan, who had plenty of time and space to pick his pass and then Lewis' lazy effort at making it harder for Doidge.

But after Whittaker's sending off ( which by the way, having seen the 2nd tackle several times now, it actually looks like he won the ball  :o but it could just be the angle I am looking at it, but fuck him, Shrek lookalike prick ) we certainly looked better, people were looking for the ball more, the middle 3 were excellent ( McGeouch, Ojo & Ferguson ) and Kennedy showed yet more flashes, didn't personally feel that McGinn had a good game, but he was getting MOTM etc... from plenty others, not for me, was easily McGeouch, then Ojo, then Ferguson.

Pretty big game next week, I have serious doubts about our Manager, and have serious doubts we'll finish 3rd. 2 consecutive 4th place finishes, behind Killie and Motherwell respectively, isn't really acceptable ( In my opinion ) but we shall see, he's still absolutely safe in his job, a win next week might just lift everybody, finally getting beyond they Tim bastards wouldn't go a miss either!

Watched the highlights last night and Hibs were very very unlucky not to have been a few to the good, but the time Whitaker got sent off, some pass by the boy Allan for their opener though.

The one in the first half when Logan and Ash went for the same ball on the halfway line and it bounced over both was bad viewing. We really need to get our defence sorted out, always look likely to concede and only so much Joe can do in a game.

Watched the highlights last night and Hibs were very very unlucky not to have been a few to the good, but the time Whitaker got sent off, some pass by the boy Allan for their opener though.

The one in the first half when Logan and Ash went for the same ball on the halfway line and it bounced over both was bad viewing. We really need to get our defence sorted out, always look likely to concede and only so much Joe can do in a game.

I also saw the highlights and whilst I agree that Taylor and Logan were guilty of a total lack of communication leading to braindumbfuckery, I thought the pass through for their goal was too simple and another defensive fuck up, one trying to play offside (correctly) and another playing him on. Good three points though and a nice surprise to see two quick goals on the text whilst watching lower league fitba.