Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

St Mirren Away - Scottish Cup QF.

Away end sold out even with this being an evening kick off live on council tv.

We will need a better performance than last visit there to get through. Not convinced the Cosgrove and Main partnership will work so would hope McInnes will revert to having McGinn in beside Main. Not sure if Ojo will be back for this so assuming he is not would think it would be Ferguson and McGeouch in the middle with Hedges and Kennedy wide. Would stick with a back 4 for this one. Really need to be winning this one.

In

Pub somewhere in the weeg

Away end

Train back to capital.

2-0 McGinn and Hedges

Suspect Ojo will make it. 20 stitches is quite a lot and if it were a league match I think he would be left a further week but with our season really hinging on this game I think we will take a chance. McGeouch just hasn't shown anything as yet to warrant a starting place unless in real emergency. Cosgrove/Main wasn't a total disaster as  partnership but the sending off ruined any chance of seeing it getting any chance to really prove itself. I agree with the game being in Paisley, I don't see them paired up from the start and as such, Main has to continue as starter with McGinn playing off him in the number 10 role. Hedges for me is in the same boat as McGeouch. He's not getting much game time but what he is getting he's not really producing anything of note  that screams out "Play me more often". Mclennan has been shit past couple of games but there's not many other options so think he will be given one more chance to shine.

Suspect the staring line up will be pretty much that which started on Saturday but with Kennedy in for Cosgrove and Ojo in for Campbell.

Would have went to this one but my points total is pretty pathetic and was never really a viable proposition.

1-1 (Ferguson)

Id quite like to see Main and Anderson given a go 2bh.  I think they would compliment each other quite well

Yes me too.  If going with two I would prefer to see Anderson get some game time. He got the cup game against Dumbarton and althoug he did miss a couple of chances, his general play was decent and offers us something different.

Do I think it will happen? No.

Desperately need to get through to the next round as our league campaign keeps faltering.  Would love to see Anderson be a success, but i'm in the same boat as you TC. Haven't seen anything to convince me he's either ready or going to get there.  That said, we were all calling for him to be put out on loan in Jan.  Suspect we'll sneak this 1-0.

He does deserve a run,but also have a hunch he doesnt have enough about him.Only find out if he gets a run though.

Love a Scottish Cup away day,but dont do enough away days for the points.

Forms a bit too up and down recently to predict,I'll hope for a McInnes surprise line up and a 2 - 0 win.McGinn,Kennedy

I think Anderson is a cracking player but lacks a bit of composure in front of goal, which perhaps comes from a lack of confidence in that any time he plays he's under massive pressure to score - because if he doesn't he doesn't get another start for months.

Yet, Main and Cosgrove have a bad game and will still get a run in the side.

Would be interesting to see how he would get on if McInnes gave him a run of four/five games.

I think Anderson is a cracking player but lacks a bit of composure in front of goal, which perhaps comes from a lack of confidence in that any time he plays he's under massive pressure to score - because if he doesn't he doesn't get another start for months.

Yet, Main and Cosgrove have a bad game and will still get a run in the side.

Would be interesting to see how he would get on if McInnes gave him a run of four/five games.

I've said this before, McInnes gave Cosgrove an extended run and it took him a good few games to get going. What if we gave Anderson that? Or dare I say it, even Main???

Anderson could be a Shankland all over again. When he does score the quality of finishing is better than anything Ive seen Main or Cosgrove produce. But the fact is he isn't getting a run in the team. It feels like McInnes expects more of the youngsters then of our experienced players sometimes.

Good to see Campbell get the start after his sending off last week. I imagine DM sees something in the loon as he is usually quick to drop our youngsters.

Decent enough line up and should have enough to see us through. Hoping to see Kennedy do something tonight with his final ball, which has been lacking in his game so far.

2-1 us.

Good to see Campbell get the start after his sending off last week. I imagine DM sees something in the loon as he is usually quick to drop our youngsters.

Decent enough line up and should have enough to see us through. Hoping to see Kennedy do something tonight with his final ball, which has been lacking in his game so far.

2-1 us.

Apart from the header against Killie!

A shyte game and we won with the one real bit of quality in the game, but I think we were the stronger team overall

St Mirren were gash, they had lots of the ball, but were fairly poor in the final third.

Good to see us bring on Sam on the 75th minute for Campbell instead of the usual game management we would usually expect. I still think we are a better side with Main up front than Sam, we just seem to be more open in the final third instead of just lumping it up to Sam.

Thought Kennedy had a decent game for us tonight, he clearly read my post :D  Putting the ball through for Fergie at the opener and a good cross for Main to score, but only to be ruled offside. Good to have that bit of pace in the team which will always cause problems.

A good win and bring on the Semi, hopefully St Johnstone can put out Septic tomorrow.

Just realised Mr Cosgrove has three penalties in three Scottish Cup ties hope he doesn't miss the decisive spot-kick in the Final shootout!!!

Shhh don’t say things like that seebass!

Managed to catch some of the game, was awful but main was incredibly unlucky not to score. Great play and on another day the linesman would have kept his flag down. Right decision regardless. Part of me obviously hopes for st Johnstone, but they’re a niggly team.

Onwards to the next round, and, no huns at hampden  :D  :rofl:

Three times I've been to watch us at Paisley this season and three absolute fucking soakings if my memory serves me right.

As others have said, it wasn't pretty but it was effective.

Not making excuses but conditions (accept it is the same for both teams) were fucking horrific last night.

Can't agree with Goodwin on this occasion, I thought that we did more than enough to merit the win and did what had to be done on a difficult night against a team reasonably high in confidence.

Wasn't sure in live time that Main's goal should have been disallowed and still not sure having seen it on TV.

Anyway onwards and upwards and another trip to Hampden beckons.

Could this be our year ?