Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Killie (A) 04.03.20

Started this one early but I noticed that Alan Power is suspended due to a red card but Gary Dicker has had 8 yellow cards in the SPFL this season and he hasn't missed a single minute of football. Can anyone shed any light on this? The SFA protocols are such that a player should serve a 1 match ban after 6 yellow cards. The ban applies 14 days after the date of his 6th yellow. In the case of Dicker, his 6th yellow was against Celtic on 22/1/20. 14 days after that was 5th Feb. He has not missed a game. He has since been booked twice. I cannot see anything about him being suspended. Anyone got any ideas? It would be great if both Dicker and Power were suspended for our match. They are the driving force behind Killie.

Yep new rule was brought in that all yellow cards received in first half of season get wiped out at the end of December. Net effect being that you can receive up to 5 yellows in each half of the season and avoid any bans.

Well every day is a school day, even at my advanced years.

That must have slipped past me unnoticed as certainly wasn't aware of that rule

Hearing that McKenna might be out for the rest of the season. Will be sorely missed, Devlin on his wrong foot is an accident. Hopefully Leigh back soon and move Considine into LCH.

Ridiculously, we're in March and I still get the impression that the best first 11 is difficult to name.

I'd go:

Lewis

Logan

Taylor

Devlin

Considine

McGinn

Ojo

Ferguson

Kennedy

Main

Cosgrove

Despite the fact that I don't think Cosgrove and Main make a great pairing, we should really give it a decent try.

Lewis

Devlin  Taylor  Considine

McLennan Ferguson Ojo Campbell Kennedy

McGinn Main

Keen to see McGinn up front again.McGeouch for Campbell if the loons out.Hoping McLennan is having his 1 good game in 5.Swap with Logan if not

All going well,3 - 1 the dandies.  McGinn x2, Ojo

Actually,did we start off 3-5-2 in the cup and struggle,maybe needs a 4-4-2 with similar personnel.Who knows with Deek though,soon find out, COYR

Heres it -  Lewis, Logan, Taylor, Devlin, Considine, Ojo, Ferguson, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn, Main.

Substitutes: Cerny, Hernandez, MacKenzie, Gallagher, McGeouch, Hedges, Anderson.

Interesting first half like. Killie all over us for the first 30 minutes. Ridiculous penalty, Taylor's arms clearly tucked into his body. A complete misunderstanding of the rules from the ref:

"the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger."

Arms by the side would have made him no bigger, there was no (or little) gap between Taylor's body and arms.

Anyway, fantastic goal in response. Great ball from McLennan, and you always want McGinn on the end of those. We're doing okay, but Kennedy is struggling and I still think Main is pap. Not sure about Devlin at LCH either.

Good game like. We dominated the first 25 of the second, but didn't manage to get ahead. A fair result. Despite the ref's totally shite decision, they deserved their 2 goal lead. We deserved to get it level. A good battle, and a decent away performance. Much better from McLennan (apart fae his stupid booking).

Good game like. We dominated the first 25 of the second, but didn't manage to get ahead. A fair result. Despite the ref's totally shite decision, they deserved their 2 goal lead. We deserved to get it level. A good battle, and a decent away performance. Much better from McLennan (apart fae his stupid booking).

Not what I saw. Switched on in the 60th minute and saw what we've seen much of the season. Defend more than attack and hoof the ball up front, only to lose it. Killie had sustained pressure and we couldn't keep the ball. Minimal build up play, and I don't think I saw a shot on goal from us. Gave up around the 80th minute and switched off. Looking forward to summer, a cup run is masking a horrible season.

Not what I saw. Switched on in the 60th minute and saw what we've seen much of the season. Defend more than attack and hoof the ball up front, only to lose it. Killie had sustained pressure and we couldn't keep the ball. Minimal build up play, and I don't think I saw a shot on goal from us. Gave up around the 80th minute and switched off. Looking forward to summer, a cup run is masking a horrible season.

You watched 20 minutes and are contradicting someone who watched the whole game? Okaaaaaay.

Maybe it was the first 20 of the second half then. Either way, you missed a good proportion of the dons' best minutes so your probably not best placed to say. Again, the subs could have been on earlier as they started to get back into it around 65-70 minutes.

Main was ok, did a lot of running chasing lost causes, tbh had very little service to work off. Would be very harsh to drop him although Cosgrove will inevitably regain his starting spot sooner rather than later, although having had a back injury I don't think it will be happening on Saturday against Hibs. Anderson was anonymous in his cameo. Again no fault attached to the loon, Killie were in the ascendency at that point and he had no service to work with.

Kilmarnock well worth their early 2 goal lead, could have been more but once we got our first from McGinn, we dominated the middle part of the game and deservedly equalised. Killie regained their dominance in the final 20 minutes and certainly had the better chances to win the game. After being 2 down, getting out of a tricky destination (for most others anyway) with a point has to be looked on a decent result although we did lose ground to 'Well and Celtic didn't do us much of a favour against Livi ( although it was a better result than it looked with 88 minutes on the clock). However our point will only prove to be a good one if we follow it up with a win against Hibs.

Kennedy once again performed well. Looking a bargain at £70k. Taylor very unlucky with the penalty. Arms at his sides and he turned his back on a shot from about 4 yards distance, no doubt it did strike his arm. The shot was powerful and looked on target which may have swayed the ref's decision at it possibly did stop a goal...it would certainly have caused Lewis a big problem.....but I suspect half of our refs would have viewed it is accidental and unavoidable and waved play on. Put it this way....had it been a sevco defender against Hamilton last night, I don't think it would have been awarded. Certainly no way on earth should Taylor have been booked for it.

Taylor very unlucky with the penalty. Arms at his sides and he turned his back on a shot from about 4 yards distance, no doubt it did strike his arm. The shot was powerful and looked on target which may have swayed the ref's decision at it possibly did stop a goal...it would certainly have caused Lewis a big problem.....but I suspect half of our refs would have viewed it is accidental and unavoidable and waved play on. Put it this way....had it been a sevco defender against Hamilton last night, I don't think it would have been awarded. Certainly no way on earth should Taylor have been booked for it.

Agree with yer analysis TC, however Taylor was booked for dissent I believe rather than the handball. It was simply an incorrect decision as per the rules of the game. It doesn't matter whether the shot was on target or not (according to the rules). There was no daylight between his arm and his body. The ref has made a spur of the moment decision, and he got it totally wrong. He should have taken a second or two to think it through and, if he had, he wouldn't have given it. Hopefully the ref coaches have a word with him. It was a really poor call.

AN excellent finish from McGinn, possibly the only player in our squad who would have scored that one and a good header from McLennan after a good cross from Kennedy.

Never a penalty though, goodness knows what the ref was thinking, back turned with his arms at his sides, what more was he meant to do. Maybe best get the players arms taken off and avoid any potential hand balls.

but Kennedy is struggling

Do you think Kennedy is struggling Rico?  I think he is playing well enough, but he is that kind of player, quick feet and good pace, but his final ball can let him down, I think that if his final ball was better he would possibly be playing at a higher level.

I think he will be decent enough for us, but I don't see him as an automatic first choice, as a player like him will always have big dips in form.

Do you think Kennedy is struggling Rico?  I think he is playing well enough, but he is that kind of player, quick feet and good pace, but his final ball can let him down, I think that if his final ball was better he would possibly be playing at a higher level.

I think he will be decent enough for us, but I don't see him as an automatic first choice, as a player like him will always have big dips in form.

Not overall, no. Just had a poor half. Letting the ball run away from him and the like. Came onto a decent game in the end. Think he'll turn out to be a great signing over the next 18 months. His cross for McLennan was top drawer. If he can work on that, we'll have a player.

Not overall, no. Just had a poor half. Letting the ball run away from him and the like. Came onto a decent game in the end. Think he'll turn out to be a great signing over the next 18 months. His cross for McLennan was top drawer. If he can work on that, we'll have a player.

I thought you had judged him already and to be fair you are fairly good at spotting the shyte players early doors, but I did think you were being a bit harsh on him, but all explained now.  :thumbsup: