Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v County 22/02

Friday and no game thread. Manc really is failing in his responsibilities.

Hopefully we stick with a back 4 for this one after Wednesday's mess. Would like to think Campbell will get a start as he played well when he came on but expect Bryson, McGeouch or Ojo if fit to be in before him. A few of the players looked out on their feet at the end on Wednesday so suspect there will be changes. We have easily beaten County twice this season and hopefully this trend will continue on Saturday.

In

train then pub

Y

Pub then train back to the Capital.

3-0 Kennedy McLennan and McKenna

Congrats to Manc and missus

Can't see Ojo making this one.....20 stitches supposedly, I'd imagine he's out for another week anyway. Campbell certainly deserves a start in his place. McGinn I'd expect  a bench place only. He struggles with 3 games in a week and with him playing 120 minutes on Wednesday it will surely be too much for him to go another 90 tomorrow. Hedges must be due a start and I'd like to see us go with Main and Cosgrove from the beginning. Taylor will hopefully be ok too.

Lewis

Logan  Taylor/Devlin McKenna Consi

Kennedy Campbell Ferguson Hedges

Main Cosgrove

No real clue what to expect tomorrow, in terms of formation or personnel. Not sure how much Wednesday took out of certain players, but given we are playing one of the so called weaker teams at home, I'd suggest DM will go for -

Lewis

Taylor-McKenna-Considine

McGeouch

Kennedy-Ferguson-Bryson-McLennan

Main-Cosgrove

3 at the back didn't work at Killie but I think he'll run it out again and he's been gambling/scrambling of late that I think he'll go with 2 up top. I also think he'll stick by his heavy hitter signings despite what happened at Killie since they'll be fresher. The only other thing we may see is Hedges for Kennedy depending how much Wednesday took out of Kennedy.

3-1 us. Cosgrove, Main, Ferguson

County are fairly gash, but they work hard and gave Septic a game at Parkhead a few weeks back.

I think Sam wil start this one and agree McGinn should be benched as played a lot recently, but nobody really to take his place as feel Hedges will be back down the road in the summer.

I'd put McGeouch beside Fergie in midfield and drop Bryson, Campbell desereves a run of games too.

Defence will be what the tombola decides.

3-0 us

Sunny afternoon watching live football in Aberdeen. Lovely. Looking forward to watching my team picking up 3 points but it won't be easy. Meant to be very windy.

Is that an air of positivity there Rocket ?

Or a touch of the sort of cynicism guys of our vintage demonstrate  :laughing:

Is that an air of positivity there Rocket ?

Or a touch of the sort of cynicism guys of our vintage demonstrate  :laughing:

HUGE positivity and really looking forward to it. I've never seen my team beaten and indeed they have not been beaten at home in the league this season. Only been the once right enough, last Saturday where I stayed to the end in the worst weather ever where half the crowd exited at HT. Was rewarded with the 88th minute winner.

Sorry, wrong thread. Queens Park are the visitors this afternoon. Haven't been to Pittodrie nor seen AFC since December 2018.

By the way, my new mates were telling me last Saturday that their average gate of 800 ish swells by as much as 3/400 when AFC are playing away. Great to hear the locals supporting the other locals. I'm a diehard of course. Pity about their second name and the fact they play in blue. Our keeper didn't impress last week. Doesn't command his box and is too quiet. And as for that Rory up front, he's just a big unit and I saw him play for Peterhead last year and wasn't that impressed then. But he got the winner last week so give him a chance. Looking forward to seeing Mitch, our goal machine when he comes back from injury.

I'm very interested to see how we line up today.  It's not had much of a mention but Hernandes didn't even make the bench on Wednesday.  I appreciate he has just come off his close season and will take time to get up to speed but for an 800k outlay not making the squad at all isn't a very good look.

HUGE positivity and really looking forward to it. I've never seen my team beaten and indeed they have not been beaten at home in the league this season. Only been the once right enough, last Saturday where I stayed to the end in the worst weather ever where half the crowd exited at HT. Was rewarded with the 88th minute winner.

Sorry, wrong thread. Queens Park are the visitors this afternoon. Haven't been to Pittodrie nor seen AFC since December 2018.

Fair does Rocket.

I walked straight into that one  :laughing:

Did actually wonder if you'd been on the sauce this morning ;)

Not sure Cosgrove & Main works together, be interesting to see how it goes today.

Glad to see Campbell back in the starting line-up. Shame that Bryson appears to be injured again though.

Have a feeling it won't be a classic but we'll edge it 2-1. From what I've seen of Ross County this season they tend to pass up a lot of chances if the boy Stewart isn't on song.