Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Accies v Dons 11/02

Would expect same team as Saturday with exception of Main replacing Cosgrove as McInnes was pleased with Saturday. That said McGinn maybe rested with Hedges coming in. If I can be arsed going I expect it be a race between the cold and the eye bleedingly brutal football to see which drives me back to the pub first.

In (at the moment)

Work then train through

Away end

Train back to capital

1-0 Kennedy

In my case, the coal fire will eliminate the possibility of cold but the brutal football won't drive me to drink. After 26 dry days, the last 11 days are all red unit alcohol counts so nae touching a bevvy this week. It's a tragedy that we're all expecting another shitfest, particularly as the reasons for the inevitable are well known, already identified and firmly established. Wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton won. They could easily have equalised on Saturday and made a game of it.

I think we're going to see some "let's throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" tactics for this match. In that spirit, I'd have us line up in a 352:

Lewis

Devlin

McKenna

Considine

Hernandez

Ojo

Kennedy

Ferguson

Campbell

Anderson

McLennan

I get the feeling Hernandez will be better suited to the wing back role than the traditional full back role we usually go with.

I'd give Kennedy a go as the attacking central midfielder because it's a position we need to fill and his crossing has been piss poor so far.

I don't think Anderson is particularly suited to being the lone striker, Cosgrove needs a rest, Main needs thrown into the sea. McLennan may be useful in that position as he seems to have quite good instincts but not much of a football brain, so best put him closer to the goal when he gets the ball so he has less to think about.

Despite being horse shite, I expect Main to start given that he wasn't horrendous when he came on at the weekend. The 3-5-2 might be a shout as we drifted towards that at times in the game, and given Campbell played well in that wide role, it might provoke McInnes into keeping it. I actually think that our central defenders don't suit it against better teams, but it is probably no bad thing to try against Hamilton. Anderson needs some decent time, as he is the most likely to solve our lack of goals issue, so expect to see him given 6 minutes on the wing.

Dont think Ive ever actually been in Hamilton.Not about to start on a bleak February night,but fair play to anyone going on current form.

Not sure Del's got anything new up his sleeve,but am going for a Curtis Main bulldozing of the Hamilton defence

Accies 0 -  Dons 3 (Main x3)

Actually think the best result for us tonight would be that the weather turns really vile and the game gets postponed to a later date by which time we are playing better.

But on the basis that it goes ahead....same team that started on Saturday except Main to start in place of Cosgrove. Possible chance of Kennedy dropping to bench with McLennan starting as he's a bit more physical and Hamilton have 4 centre halves out.

The goal drought has to end sometime.

0-1 (Main)

They said on North Tonight that the goal drought has been the longest since 1973, almost half a century ago. Trends and records are there to be broken so surely, against a team who have shipped 4 goals three times in recent games, this is the time to score goals. It would be uselessness beyond belief if it finishes Aberdeen nil tonight.

Definitely a manager under stress, tombola time. 3-5-2 for this one as called by slim but not quite sure it's a 3-6-1???

Gutted for Campbell who was man of the match then benched, and for Anderson who bangs goals in for fun yet is behind Curtis fucking Main...

This is my guess....

Lewis

Devlin-McKenna-Considine

McLennan-Ojo-Ferguson-Mcgeouch-Kennedy

McGinn-Main

Shoehorning McGeouch back in because he's made a rod for his own back. I'm assuming a straight 4-3-3. Difficult one to pull off against most teams these days due to lack of width.

Apologies, didn't notice Logan missing, with McLennan in. 3-4-3 then. Marginally better. Ferguson probably play leftish.

Definitely a manager under stress, tombola time. 3-5-2 for this one as called by slim but not quite sure it's a 3-6-1???

Gutted for Campbell who was man of the match then benched, and for Anderson who bangs goals in for fun yet is behind Curtis fucking Main...

This is my guess....

Lewis

Devlin-McKenna-Considine

McLennan-Ojo-Ferguson-Mcgeouch-Kennedy

McGinn-Main

Thats what I was thinking.Good to see McGinn upfront if correct. Could be a season saver if it comes off.Hae my doubts but COYR