Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - killie - cup

Really, really not looking forward to this one. I've a killie mate who I've always laughed at, even when they were "good" the games between us generally went our way. This team are absolutely rudderless and the captain hasn't the belief/ knowledge how to steer us through the shallows, let alone the rough seas.

They're hitting a bit of form now, but I expect us to scrape a draw, then go out in the replay . If we need to avoid losing, mcinnes seems to manage to do it. It's more if we need to win he struggles.

Hope I'm wrong and the team manage to pull a performance out of the bag. It's fucking hard being interested / positive about the dons these days.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect we will win, but wouldn't be expecting a great game.

Killie seem to have found a little but of form for the last couple of gamed, but I suspect the luck of Derek will see us through.

A home game and not bothering going, been quite a few years since I have been this pissed of watching us.

Would expect changes to line up from Wednesday. Surely Gallagher will be dropped for McGinn. Hope we do not return to 3 holding midfielders but can see McInnes reverting to this. We need to start the game on the front foot and attack Kilmarnock from the off but our 3 holding midfielders do not allow us to do this. Logan should come back in for Hernandez who looked well short of match sharpness but that’s not a surprise given he had not played since end of November. Maybe needs a couple of reserve games to get a bit of match sharpness. Pity we withdrew from the reserve league. Have no option but to stick with misfiring Cosgrove up front as we do not have another option now. Failure to prioritise another attacking option when club had clearly decided Main and Wilson were not the answer was criminal. We really need to attack Kilmarnock from the off as if we allow them to put us under pressure or worse score early on the atmosphere will turn ugly quickly.

In

Pub in town

Y

Beers in town then family meal

1-0 McGinn

Seems McInnes has already announced McGinn will start. Taylor out.

Can't see Cosgrove bring dropped despite his lack of form, but think the next best thing will happen and Anderson will start alongside him.

Can see it being:-

Lewis

Hernandez Devlin McKenna Considine

McGinn McGeouch Ferguson Kennedy

Anderson Cosgrove

*probably not in that formation*

I think we'll win. Solid 2-0. Will draw Celtic at home in the quarter finals to deflate everyone.

I reckon Logan will come back in and Hernandez will make do (as I think he really should have) with a few sub appearances over the next 2-3 weeks to introduce him a bit more gradually to the reality of Scottish football. Also think Ojo will come back in for McGeouch and Hedges getting another start....but reaching the point of last chance saloon.

Which is precisely where McInnes will also be heading if we get beaten. Especially so if the defeat is combined with playing Gallagher. Think the general mood amongst the support is of being ready to start protests outside the ground at full-time should things go badly.

As Iv'e said elsewhere...I think we will score tomorrow. Just the once mind. It may well be enough to get us through but I suspect not. Afraid apathy reigns right now in chez Ten Caat

Agree with that TC. I'd go with panda's line up with Ojo and Logan in for McGeouch and Hernandez. But I think you're right that hedges will probably remain as I don't think McInnes will risk the 2 up front that he should. Given Killie's strong midfield it wouldn't surprise me to see the 3 of death playing us into a 0-0 replay in the hope of pens in the away leg.

It's match day in the Cup and the lack of posts on here says an awful about the apparent lack of interest we have at present.

Normally would have been away up the road today but frankly just can't muster the enthusiasm for it guys.

Even if it goes to a replay not sure I'll bother my stumps going to that either and I stay only fifteen minutes away from Rugby Park door to door by car.

Will i bother trying to pick up a stream today, well at present the answer to that is a No, but probably come kick off time I'll relent and try and get one.

Prediction like everyone else, reckon it'll be what we've seen in weeks/months gone past.

Go on McInnes, prove me wrong and have a right good go at it.

I'll not hold my breath however

Today is the day the goals come back.

Aberdeen 4 vs 1 Kilmarnock

After a shaky start, someone will score a peach and the confidence will come back, we will pin Killie back and concede a late consolation.

We will close them down all over the pitch, they won't get a second on the ball to lift their head, we will stay high up the Pitch, we will get crosses in and play neat and tidy Football.

Of course I am taking the piss, it'll be as you were, but only this time, we'll score the solitary goal, 1 - 0 to the Dandies, a Penalty or a Free Kick.

COYFR!

Seems McInnes has already announced McGinn will start. Taylor out.

Can't see Cosgrove bring dropped despite his lack of form, but think the next best thing will happen and Anderson will start alongside him.

Can see it being:-

Lewis

Hernandez Devlin McKenna Considine

McGinn McGeouch Ferguson Kennedy

Anderson Cosgrove

*probably not in that formation*

I think we'll win. Solid 2-0. Will draw Celtic at home in the quarter finals to deflate everyone.

Well, my attempt at second guessing McInnes' line-up was well short.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Considine

Ojo Campbell

McGinn Ferguson Kennedy

Cosgrove

Think a few folk predicted Ojo would be back in. Good to see Campbell there too, shows that people aren't just getting automatically picked on reputation and one of our young guys can push for a place.

Disappointed no Anderson in line-up, and would have stuck with Hernandez, but that team

*should* be good enough to beat Killie. I'm sticking with my 2-0 prediction.

Didn’t watch the second half. Don’t care about the wind, bbc stats say one shot on target. Was the second half that bad? Same coach, same strategy, same tactics, same result. I understand we had plenty of possession but I’m assume it was, surprisingly, a lack of creativity???

0-0 can't say I am surprised,but didn't go or listen to it so cannot comment on the performance.

Was surprised to see mcGeouch dropped though for Campbell as well which sounds to me that Deek has brought out the tombola again.

Look forward to reading what people at the game thought.

Saw bits of the game but stream kept dropping out, Campbell m.o.m by a country mile, Kennedy again did fairly well, should have been given a penalty first half and Mcginn was decent ana. Cosgrove once again fucking honking, Main did more in the short time he was on than Cosgrove did all game......he needs dropping. Pity the options available to replace him with are so utterly uninspiring.

Wind was ridiculous second half and certainly ruined the game as a spectacle. But 5 games without a goal? Unacceptable. No confidence that McInnes can turn this shitshow around

Well, at least McInnes tried something different with what appears to have been a 3-4-3, and by all accounts Dean Campbell had a very good game at left wing back (as above, saw bits on a shite stream then gave up so I'm going by commentary and twitter).

But, his subs seemed bizarrre.

First sub: Why Main for Logan? It meant McGinn went to right wing back (has that ever been a good idea?), and if putting a striker on, why not a goalscorer, ie Anderson?

Second: Anderson for Cosgrove. Fair enough if it had been earlier in the game, not with (from memory) eight mins to go. Cosgrove starting games now on reputation. It's seven games without a goal from open play. McInnes needs to be brave and bench him. Main or Anderson wouldn't get away with those performances.

Third: McLennan for Kennedy in injury time. What was that - time wasting?

Hamilton haven't had a clean sheet since November and have just conceded eight in two, so surely Tuesday will bring a goal. I was considering going, but we're that bad at the moment I'm not sure. I'm only 25 mins away so might actually wait and see what the line-up is.

Drop Ferguson for either McLennan or Hedges, drop Cosgrove for Anderson, that might be enough to spark my interest.

Saw bits of the game but stream kept dropping out, Campbell m.o.m by a country mile, Kennedy again did fairly well, should have been given a penalty first half and Mcginn was decent ana. Cosgrove once again fucking honking, Main did more in the short time he was on than Cosgrove did all game......he needs dropping. Pity the options available to replace him with are so utterly uninspiring.

Wind was ridiculous second half and certainly ruined the game as a spectacle. But 5 games without a goal? Unacceptable. No confidence that McInnes can turn this shitshow around

Afraid to say you're last sentence TC says all there is to be said >:(