Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v St Js

Getting motivated for a midweek game after work can be a bit of a chore,.....but seeing as its St Johnstone  :P...

In

Furryboots -  Mainer

Pre/Post  -  Driving

Prediction  -  2 - 2  Gallacher x2

EDIT -  Like to see this line up

Lewis

Hernandez Taylor McKenna Considine

McGeouch Ferguson

Kennedy Hedges <> McGinn 

Cosgrove

Definitely need a result here. Livi are only 4 points off and have a game at County which I expect them to win. With well playing celtic, you'd expect the tims to get a result too.

I really hope may doesn't continue his scoring form from the weekend. Be interesting to see what hernandez's involvement will be. Surely must be a starter if the fee being touted is true.

Good luck to those going, can see this being the typical shit fest against them. The agricultural Derby.

Out

Bed

Might watch this if I'm up

Day off

2-1 dons, McGinn and Ferguson.

Hoping we can carry even more of a threat than we did on Saturday, because we carried a threat, but given we will see more of the ball, I am hoping we maintain the same intensity and show more guile.

This comment from the BBC pretty much epitomizes what I hope from to see from us on a weekly basis!

Aberdeen were all tigerish intent in Saturday's Ibrox battle, snapping into tackles and defending as if their lives depended on it. If they had left with all three points, it wouldn't have been an injustice. That level of performance, though, is required more consistently and not just against the league's heavyweights.

As we have all said time and again, we have the Players to be performing much better than we have been, we need to see it week in, week out though. All that slight ease of pressure will only come back with an inept showing against St Johnstone.

I remain hopeful that we will brush them aside, and finally get back in among the goals.

Aberdeen 3 vs 0 St Johnstone ( Cosgrove x 2, Hedges )

Really think we need to drop one of 3 in middle to allow us the extra attacking option we will need to break down a St Johnstone side who will sit in deep. They have managed two 1-1 draws with this approach so far against us. Would agree with team suggested by Elgin other than dropping Logan who played well on Saturday plus I wonder how fit Hernandez will be considering he was only half way through preseason in Norway.

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

1-0 Kennedy.

The question is, which of the three to drop? McGeouch hasn't been any better than Ojo in recent games, but I think he is probably the better player, so I'd retain him.

The issue is that McInnes probably doesn't know which one, and so will keep them both in the team until one makes sufficient errors.

Also, we're good enough to beat St J with three holding midfielders, but it's just that it will be incredibly boring to watch. The worst situation will be playing all 3 but still winning in a stuffy 1-0 game. McInnes will feel empowered to continue with the 3 because of points won.

Definitely a game we don’t need three holding mids but has the manager got the stones to bench one. Gallagher has an impact against the huns when he came on but I’d really like to see mcginn or hedges in there.

Lewis

Hernandez Devlin McKenna Considine

Ferguson mcgeouch

Kennedy mcginn hedges

Frank mcdougall

Please. Sad that we are back to Considine at left back.

Not a hope in hell Devlin will displace Taylor from tonight's starting line-up, unless you are aware of an injury to Taylor that I have overlooked. Big Gash has been consistently good since getting into the team and was one of our best performers against sevco.

Where there might be a change in defence is Hernandez starting at right back and Logan replacing Consi at left back if we go with a 4 man defence. However I think we will go with a 3 man defence to allow a more attacking set up, with Hernandez being utilised as a wing back.

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Hernandez Ojo Ferguson McGeouch McGinn

Kennedy Considine

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kennedy score against his old club and May returning the favour

3-1 (Cosgrove, Kennedy, McKenna)

Not a hope in hell Devlin will displace Taylor from tonight's starting line-up, unless you are aware of an injury to Taylor that I have overlooked. Big Gash has been consistently good since getting into the team and was one of our best performers against sevco.

Where there might be a change in defence is Hernandez starting at right back and Logan replacing Consi at left back if we go with a 4 man defence. However I think we will go with a 3 man defence to allow a more attacking set up, with Hernandez being utilised as a wing back.

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Hernandez Ojo Ferguson McGeouch McGinn

Kennedy Considine

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kennedy score against his old club and May returning the favour

3-1 (Cosgrove, Kennedy, McKenna)

I know Considine is capable of covering a couple of Positions, but I am not so sure Striker is one of them  :thumbsup:

The question is, which of the three to drop? McGeouch hasn't been any better than Ojo in recent games, but I think he is probably the better player, so I'd retain him.

The issue is that McInnes probably doesn't know which one, and so will keep them both in the team until one makes sufficient errors.

Also, we're good enough to beat St J with three holding midfielders, but it's just that it will be incredibly boring to watch. The worst situation will be playing all 3 but still winning in a stuffy 1-0 game. McInnes will feel empowered to continue with the 3 because of points won.

I don't think he would ever drop Ferguson, no matter how bad he plays. Ojo and McGeouch will make way if he was to drop one, but I look forward to being surpsied.

Fair enough. I will add, very disappointed in McGinn Hedges and Kennedy today. We had 3 creative players together on the field for 45 mins and little was created. I really don't see Kennedy bringing much different to Wilson or McLennan so far. Cosgrove was piss too which isn't abnormal. Something is seriously wrong.

The draw with Rangers was 'easy' since nothing was really expected and we were happy to simply defend. But today's another game where it's clear we are hopeless in attack.

Just done some research.  Fourteen points from our last thirty six available.  Just ten goals in those 12 games.  What is there to look forward to??

I'm curious to know our record since we went with Cosgrove as our permanent starter in attack. That's when we committed to the shite predictable long ball garbage when our ball playing/passing style was better than most. While Cosgrove has scored, how has it impacted our play and the team record??