Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Saints - Dons - Sun

Really should be getting three points here, but our form is all over the shop and they've had some unlucky results against the bitches from the weeg.

Signing Kennedy doesn't alleviate all our problems, but hopefully mcinnes actually utilises him correctly though. We're in desperate need of creativity. Need to take some of the pressure of McGinn. He's too old to carry this team.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-1, ferguson

The last time I was at this "stadium" - a functional soulless box, almost identical to Hamilton's - we heard Clangers screaming from the other end of the pitch. He was bawling at McGinn who was having a mare. It was another abject performance from him but I was surprised that a teammate was calling him out. Then again, he may well have heard me five minutes earlier, my only outburst of the game, an unplanned and spontaneous one giving McGinn pelters after another inept losing of possession. I remember thinking why doesn't the manager drop McGinn as I assumed he had been rocketing his arse for a long line of thoroughly demotivated and pathetic performances, a really bad spell he was going through at the time.

It's on Sky. That's going to reduce the crowd to barely 3,000 I would've thought.

Against my better judgement will probably head through tomorrow. If Kennedy is fit to play would like to see us going with Hedges and him on either flank and McGinn in the middle behind Cosgrove. Would try Ferguson and McGeough in the middle as no need for a defensive player like Ojo against St Mirren surely. Cash gate for away end tomorrow.

In

Train through from Capital

Away end

Train back to Capital.

2-0 Cosgrove and McGinn.

We need a win tomorrow and a decent performance. Not sure about the signing of Kennedy as don't see him fitting into the way McInnes sets us up, but hopefully he will prove me wrong because we need someone with something to make this team tick and we are fairly rank.

St Mirren aren't a bad team at all and Goodwin has them playing decent football, so expect a tough game.

2-1 Sam & Kennedy (nae pressure loon  :D )

McInnes sticks with 3 similar centre midfielders because he doesn't want to drop one again. Expect a win, but another shitefest. Kennedy starts, which can only be an improvement on playing Gallagher there. Strikes me as very similar to hedges and mcginn. Can beat a man but doesn't quite have the pace to hit the byline like Hayes or even gms could. Expect a lot of cutting back and back again before crossing like mcginn does. Might suit Cosgrove if the crosses are good enough

The worst half of football I've watched on telly for a very long time. Unsurprisingly given that these are two dreadful teams, unable to execute the basics.

Tragically, Cosgrove and McGinn are considered two of Aberdeen's best footballers. Both were utterly inept in that first half and neither looked like a footballer. The gormless vacancy of both their expressions is a symptom of the emptiness of their heads. Fucking shite beyond shite.

Plenty possession and a shedload of corners but apart from McKenna lashing one (deflected) over the bar, really not a great deal of note in an attacking sense. Kennedy been pretty poor so far but not getting much to work with. Lucky to go in to half time 0-0, McGeouch with a total brainfart attempting to pass back to Lewis without looking, intercepted by striker who should score but somehow hit the post.

Second game in a row we have been denied a stonewall penalty, Cosgrove blatantly pulled back in what seemed to be full view of the ref.

We have got the wind with us second half. Expect to see at least some efforts on goal from outside the box. Also expect Gallagher to replace Kennedy at around the 55-60 minute mark  :(

Yup, same shit different day. 3 center mids doing the job of 2. Against Motherwell Ojo was non existent, today it appears to be Ferguson so far. While we signed Kennedy and mcgeouch we didn’t/haven’t fixed our problem and were still crying out of a creative #10. As a result still way too much long hopeful shite balls that get us nothing.

At least McGinn is making the effort, trying to get into positions. He's not completing the passes however, although that's not helped by our entirely predictable setup and systemic lack of movement up front. Ferguson spent the entire half dropping deep to take the ball rather than stretching them wide and giving the other two midfielders some space. Basic knowledge of fitba would have told anyone this would happen, but if McInnes was struggling to spot it, then re-watch the fucking Motherwell game.

I await the 65th-minute-subTM

First sub will be nteresting. It’s not really working for us, not creating. Will he remove a center mid and add creativity or will it be the predictable like for like. Ojo for hedges please but I expect Gallagher for Kennedy.

For me the obvious change should be fergie for Gallagher or hedges. We need energy and drive up there. If not fergie, drop him back and take off ojo.

Campbell was warming up so if the substitution does come....its just more of the fucking same. Ferguson has been shite today. McGeouch not much better.

I'll reserve judgement on Kennedy as it is his first game but so far so bad.

Oh hang on....it's Hedges on for McGeouch. 10 minutes too late but at least its a positive move

Campbell was warming up so if the substitution does come....its just more of the fucking same. Ferguson has been shite today. McGeouch not much better.

I'll reserve judgement on Kennedy as it is his first game but so far so bad.

Oh hang on....it's Hedges on for McGeouch. 10 minutes too late but at least its a positive move

Expect Campbell for Kennedy next ?

There were no mitigating factors in that game, nothing positive at all. Just pathetic.

I'll be interested to hear from the usual suspects and how they try to spin this one?

We won't hear a damn thing of course. Their modus operandi is to let the dust settle before they offer their generalistic plaudits and their support for the established order of things.

Absolute shite. 1 shot on goal today?

Think so, Ojo near the end there. In fairness, there were several times when we should have shot and plenty of times when our shooting was shite, but our terrible approach to the game was only every going to end in speculative efforts being the closest we came, or set-pieces. Hedges should have been on from the start, but how the fuck can an actual football manager wait until 70 minutes to make that change? What the fuck did he think he was watching. We deserved to lose that game for playing so negative. Somebody at board level has to be holding that shite to account. Anti-entertainment.