Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - well

Huge game in terms of trying to get one over our closest rivals for third. 11 point gap between us and livi, so it really is all down to us two.

They've had a reasonable run of form over the last few months, pretty similar to ours.

Really need get some positive momentum going ahead of a very busy February schedule.

Out

Bed

Work

Work

2-1, Cosgrove and hedges

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprisingly optimistic about the outcome of this one despite our ineffective showing against Dumbarton at the weekend. I think we will win, although a draw at this point wouldn't be the end of the world. My concern is that McGinn (who was by far our best performer on Saturday) is now of an age where he needs the full week to recover properly and cannot manage 2 good performances in 4 days. Fingers crossed he proves my doubts wrong.

2-0 (Ferguson, McGinn)

Watched the Dundee-Motherwell game. Motherwell were terrific in the first half, absolute gash in the second.

Are we better than them? I think they're more attacking and easier on the eye which can sometimes make it feel like they are, but confident when it comes down to it we should be able to take care of them.

Presume at least one will be dropping out from the Dumbarton line-up to accommodate Ferguson, but hope Anderson keeps his place despite his misses. The important thing was he was involved in the game rather than being anonymous, was getting into the right areas. Stick with him and keep giving the young lad the encouragement like we did with Cosgrove rather than dropping him back to the bench and hurting the guy's confidence.

I'd go with:-

Lewis

Logan Devlin* McKenna Considine

McGeouch Ferguson Ojo

McGinn Cosgrove Anderson

*It'll be Taylor obviously, I just can't bear to accept he's currently first choice.

Watched the Dundee-Motherwell game. Motherwell were terrific in the first half, absolute gash in the second.

Are we better than them? I think they're more attacking and easier on the eye which can sometimes make it feel like they are, but confident when it comes down to it we should be able to take care of them.

Presume at least one will be dropping out from the Dumbarton line-up to accommodate Ferguson, but hope Anderson keeps his place despite his misses. The important thing was he was involved in the game rather than being anonymous, was getting into the right areas. Stick with him and keep giving the young lad the encouragement like we did with Cosgrove rather than dropping him back to the bench and hurting the guy's confidence.

I'd go with:-

Lewis

Logan Devlin* McKenna Considine

McGeouch Ferguson Ojo

McGinn Cosgrove Anderson

*It'll be Taylor obviously, I just can't bear to accept he's currently first choice.

No! Are you Derek McInnes, secretly lurking on donstalk? Anderson wide left???

No! Are you Derek McInnes, secretly lurking on donstalk? Anderson wide left???

I wasn't really suggesting that should be the formation, more just listing the three attacking players and three midfielders. I'd go probably 4-4-2, maybe with Ojo drifting wide. Or drop Ojo altogether and keep McLennan in the team.

Mclennan? He was fucking awful on Saturday. It's him I expect to make way for Ferguson. Anderson did himself no favours with 2 horrific misses but on balance I'd throw him in again purely as Panda says, not to knock his confidence totally. But I am coming round slowly to the point where I really think he isn't going to make it with us. If we received an offer, either to take him on loan or even for a permanent transfer, it might be for the best all round if he went somewhere with a bit less expectation and tried to build a career there.

Mclennan? He was fucking awful on Saturday. It's him I expect to make way for Ferguson. Anderson did himself no favours with 2 horrific misses but on balance I'd throw him in again purely as Panda says, not to knock his confidence totally. But I am coming round slowly to the point where I really think he isn't going to make it with us. If we received an offer, either to take him on loan or even for a permanent transfer, it might be for the best all round if he went somewhere with a bit less expectation and tried to build a career there.

McKennan is younger than Anderson, so also falls into the best of persevering with him to give him a chance to develop and grow in confidence. It's how a club like Motherwell have been able to develop a good young team as they've kept faith with them even when they have a horror show.

Mclennan as with Anderson would both benefit with a run of games. McLennan should be given a chance up front as not a winger.

Not averse to giving Anderson a run of games to see what he can do,but I also hae ma doubts about him longer term.Agree about also giving McLennan a run through the middle rather than wide,....though preferably if we were playing a pacier confident style of football. Strong and quick,but think he needs to work on his attitude/work ethic to reach his peak.Get the impression he's a bit lazy

Would like to see Anderson and Cosgrove starting together again. They need a good few games together to see if they can form a partnership. However if McInnes wants to have McGeouch Ferguson and Ojo on the field can see Anderson dropping out.

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

1-1 Cosgrove

The problem  with giving Anderson and Cosgrove a few games together is that if it doesn't work, we will likely drop points at a rate which will allow Motherwell to open up a significant gap on us. I do think Anderson should start tonight, but given his glaring misses against Dumbarton coupled with not doing a whole lot else.....unless he scores tonight or at very least makes a significant contribution to us scoring (an assist or two) then we cannot continue experimenting. The time for doing that is in pre season and the winter break

The problem  with giving Anderson and Cosgrove a few games together is that if it doesn't work, we will likely drop points at a rate which will allow Motherwell to open up a significant gap on us. I do think Anderson should start tonight, but given his glaring misses against Dumbarton coupled with not doing a whole lot else.....unless he scores tonight or at very least makes a significant contribution to us scoring (an assist or two) then we cannot continue experimenting. The time for doing that is in pre season and the winter break

It's amazing how we see games differently as I thought Anderson had a decent game on Saturday and would say he had one bad miss, possibly trying too hard as he knows he doesn't score then he is dropped such is the way it is with out own youth.  Thought his work rate and running were good and looks as though he is developing his game.

Why Gallagher and not Hedges? I'm assuming with Ojo Ferguson and McG that Gallagher is wide. Why is Hedges not a regular any more?? Even McInnes has acknowledged we lack flair and creativity yet Hedges is benched for the gut busting energy and running of Gallagher instead of flair.

Free header at the back post from a free kick, awful goal to lose in the last minute when you have time to organize and set up. Joe beaten at his near post but looks like Logan was ball watching and lost his man.

Minimal creativity for 45 mins. Surprise surprise.

Was just about to say that Logan had been our best player too. Poor game again like. Gallagher offers nothing out wide, there's no need for him to exist there. That midfield is just dire. McGinn constantly coming way off the touchline narrowing the setup further. Anderson should have started this one. Shoe-horning 3 similar centre midfielders in there is just fucking pap.