Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

My Top Thirty Aberdeen Players

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kowalski,

We had a game at Firhill against Partick Thistle and while waiting to go in stadium John Inglis walked towards myself, step-father and younger brother Paul.  I somehow nicked another fan's pen to go get him to sign my programme.  We said;

"John, can you sign this please your my favourite player?"

As he finished signing programme he turned round while walking away and said;

"So why have you got Gary Smith's name on the back of your shirt then?"

Our reply;

"My Mam is washing the home strip your name is on but this blue and gold striped one was always going to have Gary's name on it especially given Brian Irvine might eventually leave us."

Always wanted to be an Aberdeen defender and haven't really been that taken with any of our central defenders since Irvine, Inglis, Smith left maybe other than Kari Arnason. 

Drew 2-2 that day and blew a 2-0 half-time lead if memory serves us right.   

Snelders, Rico and Jess. Legends......

Honourable mentions to Severin (for sticking it out in a side that was frankly dreadful), Gillhaus (for the best debut I have had the privilege to have witnessed) and Shinnie (made up for only having a limited amount of ability with sheer drive and guts)

Eoin, Theo and Hicham.

I didn't use their first names from any sense of familiarity. Not met any of them. Just thought they would be instantly recognisable from their first names. Plus shorter and less typing. And then I followed it by scribing all this shite. Doh ?

I met the former two. Eoin was our neighbour in Bridge of Don and he was a gent. Dealt with us (local kids who were massive fans) really patiently. Theo was a grumpy cunt. Both cracking players though which is what was most important.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually amazed Billy Dodds nor Arild Stavrum have registered vote yet given I suggested a 'Top Three'.

Dodds was excellent for us but I suspect him joining der Hun later in his career (we all knew he was one) would likely cost him votes from people maybe considering him. Stavrum just wasn't with us long enough although his goalscoring record in a shitty side was admirable.