Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Farts - Dons -Sun

Final game of the year. 2019 has been quite a limp on from a football perspective. Really hope 2020 see's us find some sort of rhythm and a new manager. It's quite sad when your new chairman is more exciting than your manager.  Despite the ludicrous price, I believe the away end is sold out.

Anyway, Hertz are fucking rotten, and we really have nothing to fear against their slow as fuck defence. Hit them with pace and we should walk it. If we try and play their own game, we'll lose.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

1-2 Dons, Hedges

From watching way Hearts back 4 struggled with pace and movement of Boyle we have to go with Anderson on Sunday. If we try to punt the ball up to Main then we are not going to score. Despite this game being only 20 minutes from the house I am not going as not paying £34 to watch Scottish football.

Oot

Flat

Flat

Flat

1-0 McGinn

They've lost 5 on the bounce. They won't make it 6. I wish I could pinpoint why, even when they at total gowder, that we seem to struggle as much at their place so badly when we seem to do fairly well on a regular basis across the city at their local rivals. Especially as Hibs have been the better side in recent years.

Motherwell snatching a victory in the dying seconds yesterday was a sickener. They've now got Hamilton at home next up and you would imagine that they would win it (although again....it's a fixture which does seem to throw up a fair number of what on paper look like shock results). We really cannot afford to be dropping 5 points behind 'Well but sadly it's exactly what I expect will be the outcome.

Weird line up. Back four the same understandably. Midfield looks like it might be Ferguson or Campbell out wide with Gallagher on the opposite wing. Given both are significantly better in central roles it doesn't bode well. Main retains his place, unsurprisingly, despite being the worst footballer on display on boxing day (possibly in world football). I'm really hoping Anderson is along side him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him being hung out to dry in a wide role. Anyway, will pass judgement when we can actually see the setup

I don’t get this line up at all. Hedges and mcginn combined to create a lovely goal last game and are pretty much our only creative players, now on the bench. Where does our width come from?? Wilson back to being a bench warmer as the dazzling Main starts again. Guess we shall see... but my fear is Anderson is being punted wide.

Looks like he has brought the tombola out for this one, as strange a line up as he has ever produced.

Could be a very turgid game of football once again and struggle to see who is going to be the creative force in the team.

It would be sickening for us to be the team who they stop their losing run against.

30 mins in, didn’t think we started badly, Hearts the better team now, McKenna just cleared off the line. We can’t string passes together or keep the ball, don’t get the tactics and why we’re now being dominated by the bottom of the league team.

Feel for Anderson, out of position to an extent and no supply so far.

Half time, think we got worse as the half went on. Think we had one shot in goal, a mis hit tame effort from Ferguson. Midway through the half tactics moved Campbell into midfield with Vyner dropping to the back then Vyner injured right at half time and McGinn came on which I think will help us.

Painful to watch, we cannot pass the ball, can only get better?

Didn’t see as much of the second half but I’d say the red made little difference, although I do think we were a little better without Main. We were pretty awful, don’t recall their keeper making a save. So much long and hopeless balls, we desperately need the Maddison/Christie type in midfield. Another brutal watch, sorry, the manager got it wrong today as the bottom of the league team were there for the taking and played close to 1/4 of the match with 10. Why can’t we play players in their correct positions and play to our strengths.....although what is that now? Does the manager know?

Was an exciting second half like. Looked a bit more even when they went down to ten. Felt a bit sorry for Campbell having to play left back, but he did alright in the second half after a pish first. I think full-back is an option for him to give him more game time. Lovely free kick from McGinn, but he totally fucked up the simple pass through for Anderson for a one-on-one 5 minutes later that could have seen us get a victory. Great to hear a cheer when Main came off. Fucking awful footballer. We looked much better without him, despite Wilson also being pap. Draw a fair result in the end and hopefully we'll see a few much needed signings in the window. I'd look to shift on Wilson and Main and get in an actual footballer instead.

Derek just bought Main and Wilson, I doubt he’s a big enough character to admit he fucked up ther.

AGAIN ?

Yep, I'm not expecting him to. Both are actually worse for AFC than May was. I was actually very surprised to see him leave Anderson on and take Main off today. Definitely the right decision, but not something I expected from McInnes.

Said pregame that punting the ball to Main was not going to win the game but sadly that is what McInnes went for. If he cannot see that long balls up to a loan striker is playing to Hearts defensive strengths then really have to question if there is any point in continuing with him. Why start the game with no creation and several players out of position. Basically chucked Campbell and Anderson under a bus today with the way he had them set up. Why he persisted with Ojo once the went down to 10 also has to be questioned.  Main should be freed in the window but fuck all chance that will happen. Raging that I caved in and went.