Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dean Campbell

Campbell's had a lot of game time this season and hasn't performed very well at all. I'd like to see him get a good loan spell somewhere challenging to get his strength and coverage up before we consider him for the first team - he's clearly not ready yet. I think he'll be a great player in a couple of years time - probably the long overdue replacement for Ryan Jack. He's got all the footballing attributes, but seems to lack on the physical side. I wouldn't like to see him get a tanking every week in our midfield just because other more experienced players aren't up to the task.

Agree he would be better heading off somewhere like St Johnstone and getting a game every week. For some reason DM doesn't seem to want to play him regularly despite our midfield injury situation. That he seems to rank Vyner a better midfielder is really rather bizarre.

I'm not sure how soon (if ever) Bryson will be fully fit although Ojo is now apparently back in full training so we might see him before long. But as it stands, if either Ferguson, Vyner or Leigh get injured, we would be forced to play Campbell, if only because Gleeson right now looks more like a department store Santa Claus than a professional footballer. Rumours are resurfacing that McGeouch will be leaving Sunderland at the end of his contract in the summer and that we are interested again  :hammer: That would put Campbell even further down the pecking order.

Agree he would be better heading off somewhere like St Johnstone and getting a game every week. For some reason DM doesn't seem to want to play him regularly despite our midfield injury situation. That he seems to rank Vyner a better midfielder is really rather bizarre.

I'm not sure how soon (if ever) Bryson will be fully fit although Ojo is now apparently back in full training so we might see him before long. But as it stands, if either Ferguson, Vyner or Leigh get injured, we would be forced to play Campbell, if only because Gleeson right now looks more like a department store Santa Claus than a professional footballer. Rumours are resurfacing that McGeouch will be leaving Sunderland at the end of his contract in the summer and that we are interested again  :hammer: That would put Campbell even further down the pecking order.

Because he's fucking shite min!

Seems like a lovely kid who loves the club, but he's everything wrong with academy football these days. A midfielder who moves the ball sideways, lacks initiative and plays like a drilled robot. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong, however I think he'd struggle to get a game at ICT or saints etc.

Seems like a lovely kid who loves the club, but he's everything wrong with academy football these days. A midfielder who moves the ball sideways, lacks initiative and plays like a drilled robot. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong, however I think he'd struggle to get a game at ICT or saints etc.

He's a bit of a fairy too. We saw another instance of him having no interest in getting physical v Hamilton. The same happened back in July, or June or May or April or whenever it was that we played RoPs. He pussied out of a couple of challenges then. I dared voice this on AFC Chat and everyone acted like I'd pissed on their chips. They were spouting shite about how he did it because he was on a booking but he wasn't booked until much later in the game. I later found out it was because Deano's Dad posts on there and they're all just a bunch of arsehole lickers. I'd love to be wrong about Dean. He's young so I still could be. I don't think I am though. I'd still much prefer Greg Leigh in there before Deaon.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...