Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons v Accies

Forgot to book trains for this and as they are now wanting over £40 for the train combined with growing apathy going to give this a miss. Would like to see Vyner and Gallagher dropped but would expect both to play. Hamilton were poor when we played them at the end of October but we struggled to a 1-0 win. Expecting no different again.

Oot

Xmas Shopping

Local non league game

Flat

1-0 McGinn

Taking daughter Xmas shopping in Edinburgh but still probably more enjoyable than what's likely to be served up on Saturday. Maybe. Can see either a turgid 0-0 draw or we go berserk and stick 4 or 5 past them in what still would be a pretty poor match to watch despite the score.

Fuck it I'll go all in

4-0 (Cosgrove, Main, Ferguson, Leigh)

Game was on in the background so I could be totally wrong here. Looks like we started the game with two holding mids at home to bottom side Hamilton. Totally unnecessary. Why??? Change it adding an attack minded Gallagher at half time and score almost immediately. With 20 minutes to go we go back to the two holding mids bringing on Campbell. Game management at home to Hamilton. Again. Why? I should be happy we won but it’s this type of thing that makes me dislike McInnes with a passion. This is the shit that shouldn’t happen and squeaking a 1-0 win against the bottom side isn’t inspiring, borderline acceptable. I continue to lose interest at an alarming rate under McInnes. And we won FFS.

Well that was another 90 wasted minutes of my life.

We started with Ojo, which was a surprise to me, but who had a good first half and we looked a more balanced side with Ferguson playing in a more forward role and Ojo sitting just in from on the defence.

SHould have went in at least one up at the break, but a couple of decent stops from their keeper kept them out, we did play some neater football in the first half and we lost Leigh to injury just on half time who was repleaced by Considine.

Second half saw us swap Gallagher for Ojo in what I can only suppose was to offer us more of an attacking threat and we duly got the goal from big Sam, but then we resorted to the usual game management shyte and if Accies weren't such a poor team they possibly would have had an equaliser. We were pretty honking in the second half, bar scoring a goal which won us the game the only other thing of note that happened was James Wilson getting a very sore one in the balls.

A very poor game and if I was Mr Cormack I would be wondering how we are going to get the crowds back when we play such shyte football. Yes we won and kept a clean sheet, but you would expect a manager with near 7 service to be offering up a better product than what we are currently getting.

I'll give MOTM to all of us who stayed until the end to watch that shyte.

I need to be stronger in getting myself to stop going to these games I know full well are going to be a shyte.

Huffed and puffed to a 1 nil win,probably deserved another,but Hamilton were poor enough to go for the jugular and maybe get a few goals.Wasnt a lack of effort,we just don't have the guile and pace at times to do so. Nae sure about game management,we were still going for another til the end but it didn't happen.Think were just a bit average,and a good signing or 2 in January would help.

Nobody was outstanding,but pass marks to Ferguson,Mcginn,Cosgrove and McKenna.

30 Hamilton fans.Theyre up on merit,but wont shed a tear if they go down...

EDIT - actually Wilson did ok...

Well that was another 90 wasted minutes of my life.

We started with Ojo, which was a surprise to me, but who had a good first half and we looked a more balanced side with Ferguson playing in a more forward role and Ojo sitting just in from on the defence.

SHould have went in at least one up at the break, but a couple of decent stops from their keeper kept them out, we did play some neater football in the first half and we lost Leigh to injury just on half time who was repleaced by Considine.

Second half saw us swap Gallagher for Ojo in what I can only suppose was to offer us more of an attacking threat and we duly got the goal from big Sam, but then we resorted to the usual game management shyte and if Accies weren't such a poor team they possibly would have had an equaliser. We were pretty honking in the second half, bar scoring a goal which won us the game the only other thing of note that happened was James Wilson getting a very sore one in the balls.

A very poor game and if I was Mr Cormack I would be wondering how we are going to get the crowds back when we play such shyte football. Yes we won and kept a clean sheet, but you would expect a manager with near 7 service to be offering up a better product than what we are currently getting.

I'll give MOTM to all of us who stayed until the end to watch that shyte.

I need to be stronger in getting myself to stop going to these games I know full well are going to be a shyte.

Today was the day that Cormack brought all his mates from Atlanta over to watch. Hopefully they aren't the type to hold back and are willing to say how unimpressed they were at the atmosphere and the performance (I didn't see the game as was enthralled by Ross County v Kilmarnock instead) and offer up some solutions.

Well that was Baltic (still not warmed up yet) Wasn't a great game, but never expect it to be against Accies.

We always struggle against well organised sides your St.Js,ICTs & your Accies, this game was no different.

We played some ok stuff at times, and it made a real difference 1st half having a proper midfielder in Ojo, feared the worst when he failed to appear after break.

Thought McKenna looked back to his best today, in fact my motm. Taylor & Consi did well aswell & Fergie battled hard.

Poor crowd again, but was very cold, barely above freezing

It was horrible. The worst thing is that, that I'd actually our best team give or take. McInnes - finally - got the right balance for a home game against Hamilton, although I'd be switching Wilson and Hedges as Wilson is never a winger. But we did very little of any note other than a chance mcginn should have buried. Ojo looked half decent but was obviously not fit enough for 90 minutes. Gallagher coming on made a difference because he was allowed to play very high up the pitch. Why we couldn't have allowed Wilson or hedges to do the same, I'm not sure? Two more competent finishers I'd guess. After the goal we struggled as they changed it a little. Campbell was the right choice as hedges was losing it in centre mid. All 3 subs made and we didn't have any other options or the ability to break them down and we looked pap.

They worked exceptionally hard and started time-wasting from the 30th minute which was embarrassing, but we just looked average.

I don't even know what we do in January to be honest. I'd say a very attacking centre mid and a winger, but without getting rid of some of the dross, we're going to have an overloaded squad. We need guys like Wilson (was okay yesterday at times) and main off the wage bill and maybe a couple of youngsters too. I don't think McLennan is going to be good enough for example. Make some space for others and get a settled eleven without the need to change it significantly every week.

Seems as if my shopping trip to Edinburgh with daughter was the more entertaining option. Nevertheless....despite a turgid performance, results elsewhere have conspired to actually make it a very good win, with us back in third place leapfrogging 'Well and putting further distance between ourselves and Killie/Hibs.

Although Hamilton are rock bottom, albeit on goal difference.....they've given both the arse cheeks difficult games recently, indeed they really should have taken a point off Celtic. They're horrible to watch but fully expect them to still be in our division next season.

On to the paedodome next week. Ah well it was nice being in 3rd place if only for 6 days.

thought Wilson looked ok ?

Aye, he was okay on the ball. Not a winger though, constantly behind the game when going back the way. Always appears like he's playing in his own little game too, which sometimes works but mainly doesn't. It didn't blow an average Connor McLennan performance out of the water basically. He needs to do significantly more. I wouldn't play him against the Tims as Gallagher will tank around in the advanced midfield area and Hedges and McGinn are better on the wings.

He did the same with Stewart, played him on the wing when everyone could see he hasn't got the pace to be a winger, the same manager even played Adam Rooney on the wing in the later part of his Aberdeen career, which was a poor end to a player who did so much for us in his first few seasons.

Wilson could bring something to a team and he is possibly the most talented player in our squad, but just don't think it will work out for him under DM. As Rico says he needs to be played in the right postion, but our manager prefers square pegs in round holes.

I'll be amazed if he hangs around after this season.

I just dont get why he persists on playing him on the wing. He's never played well there. It's a waste of a Jersey at the mo

I would disagree, towards the end of last season when he was playing on the wing was when I thought he looked best for us. He can beat a man which is the sort of player we need on the wings and he has more pace than Stewart did. When you see the ability he has and the things he can do on a good day you would think he should be at a better team than us, unfortunately those days seem to be few and far between.