Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup Quiz!!

Sorry I'm bored today so......

Who is missing from the 1995 League Cup Final starting XI against Dundee at Hampden and who was an unused substitute?????

1.Michael Watt, 2.Stewart McKimmie, 3.Stephen Glass, 4.Brian Grant, 5.?, 6.Gary Smith, 7.Joe Miller, 8.Duncan Shearer, 9.Paul Bernard, 10.Billy Dodds, 11.Eoin Jess.  12.Peter Hetherston, 13.Hugh Robertson, 14.?

Hetherston was my most hated Aberdeen footballer ever. And I've been going since the 1960's. I didn't despise the fact he just wasn't very good at football. I hated the fact he used to hide. He did this to limit the public exposure of his weaknesses -  and they were considerable and many - but the bigger issue was how this charlatan fuck ever got a game. I seen his debut. It was staggering because I'd never seen such a useless cunt in a red shirt.

I'd have a whole team of Hetherstons before I'd have Gary McDonald, Forrester, Foster, D'jaffo, McNamara, Tommy Wright. I could probably come up with more but suffice to say that Silky comes nowhere near the top of my most hated ever. We have had a fair few wage thieves down the years though.

Within minutes of Calvin Zola's debut, I turned to my mate and said "this is another George Weah's cousin". He was probably the worst "footballer" in terms of his technical ability but at least he tried. I remember watching him at Falkirk, the one game I mind where he wasn't terrible and he was getting stuck in. Hetherston was poison.

If any of you have read my book you'll know I ran onto the pitch during warm up with another lad from Merkland Family Stand to get Joe Miller's autograph.  He was on halfway line by himself and distinctly remember him asking me to turn my back to him so he could scribble his signature on programme.  I'm sure it was when Blackburn Rovers came for Stewart McKimmie's testimonial.  Was it 1-0 us with Duncan Shearer grabbing an earlish winner??  However what is the general consensus when it does come to Mr Miller??  He infuriated me at times.   

There have been worse midfielders than Hetherstone since,but I do remember thinking at the time, his signing seeming like a comparative downgrade in quality of player.

Never took to him personally,always thought he had a hint of tink about him(IMO),and he never lived up to the hype he'd received at Falkirk