Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons - huns - Wed

Hate to say it, but the huns are in good form at the moment. Scoring plenty of goals and with our managers track record of trying stupid formation changes a game prior to playing them, it doesn't bode well.  Only thing going for us is that it is at home.

The team has the ability to play well, but i'm not sure DM will allow them to do it.

Out

House

Travelling to work

work

4-1 huns. Ferguson

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only good thing about this game is that they have the Cup final next Sunday and are likely to rest a good few of their players. Morelos certainly won't start as they won't want to risk him getting red-carded and I think will only come on if they are struggling for a result (can anyone see them struggling??)

As has been said elsewhere......defend like we did yesterday and we will need a calculator to work out the final score. Their big weakness is in defence but McInnes will no doubt shit the bed and refuse to have a go at them.

Defend properly and might manage to get a draw out of this but I've mentally written it off as a defeat so disappointment won't be a factor for me at full time.

0-2

We won't win, call me a negative cunt all you want.

They are currently streets ahead of us, especially mentally, they have their tails up whereas we're struggling to draw and beat the bottom two clubs. Still don't know our best back 4 and rely far too much on Cosgrove, imagine where we'd be without him  :redface:

We will camp inside our own half, concede 2 before half time and the heads will go down, it'll finish 4, maybe 5 - 0, if big Sammy gets a half chance, we may score one ourselves.

There will be more vocifourous booing and the Manager will say that we're miles behind them and need to be realistic etc.. etc.. We'll scrape some more wins against mid-table teams and all will be forgotten again until we face either arse cheek again.

So much negativity. ‘Streets ahead’ ffs - can we skip the big hun love-in until after Wednesday please? It’s not like we’ve never come good against the odds before.

In

South

2-1 us

Cosgrove double, first being a 12th minute penalty

Several nightcaps to celebrate

I absolutely detest the bastards, and hope we inflict the first blow of a very damaging week for Gerrard.

Let’s do this!  :AFC2:

If the same line up & formation like we did on Saturday and they will tear us a new one, but struggling to see any real changes we can make that will make that big a difference.

My biggest worry is how many defenders he will start off with, I think he may put Considine in at LB, Logan and RB, Devlin and McKenna in the centre with Leigh and Veyner in midfield alongside Ferguson, unless Bryson is fit which might change the line up.

Despite winning on Saturday St Mirren played quite well and passed the ball about neatly, if Rangers play the same way it could get bad.

Be horrible to take a doing off them, just please let us make an attempt to win it.

My heart says 2-1 us, with Sam and Hedges scoring and I cannot even write the words what my head is thinking.

So much negativity. ‘Streets ahead’ ffs - can we skip the big hun love-in until after Wednesday please? It’s not like we’ve never come good against the odds before.

In

South

2-1 us

Cosgrove double, first being a 12th minute penalty

Several nightcaps to celebrate

I absolutely detest the bastards, and hope we inflict the first blow of a very damaging week for Gerrard.

Let’s do this!  :AFC2:

Are they not streets ahead of us? There is a difference between being realistic and having a love in. I detest the cunts as well, but I know for a fact our Manager won't play to our own strengths and will show them far too much respect.

" and now we face one of the strongest teams in the country, Rangers have better players than us but we can win the game and it’s important that my players believe that when they go out there. "

That's our Manager bumming them up publicly, he's certainly giving them love, don't know why he couldn't just say that we have a tough game on Wednesday night etc...etc... but we can win if the players believe it. It's not just down to payers believing it though, is it? We fluked wins against them last season and I'd very much bite your hand of for another one of those on Wednesday night, but I won't hold my breath. I will stick to my prediction of 4-1 to the Hun bastards.

From what I saw of Saturday from the highlights I can only see us losing by a large number of goals on Wednesday. Another home game I will be giving a miss. Might watch on tv but can see me turning over to Italian of French games on other channels before half time.

Oot

Work

Flat

Flat

4-0 no dons scorer.

That's our Manager bumming them up publicly, he's certainly giving them love, don't know why he couldn't just say that we have a tough game on Wednesday night etc...etc... but we can win if the players believe it.

We do know why (he couldn't say the right thing). It's because he's not made of the right stuff. He's not of a winner mentality. McInnes is the main reason I fear a doing. If he doesn't believe and expect to win, how are the players going to? Plus the inevitable impending negative sit in and hope tactics.

What a good mindset would've said is "yeah it's a tough game but we beat them three times last season, all in Glasgow so we are well overdue to beat them at home and that's exactly what we are preparing for".

We do know why (he couldn't say the right thing). It's because he's not made of the right stuff. He's not of a winner mentality. McInnes is the main reason I fear a doing. If he doesn't believe and expect to win, how are the players going to? Plus the inevitable impending negative sit in and hope tactics.

What a good mindset would've said is "yeah it's a tough game but we beat them three times last season, all in Glasgow so we are well overdue to beat them at home and that's exactly what we are preparing for".

That doesn't happen anywhere in fitba these days though, does it? Nobody talks like that. They deliberately talk up their opposition as some sort of weird/pathetic tactical ploy so that the proverbial atricle pinned to the dressing room wall doesn't happen. If you look back to McInnes' quotes before the games last season in which we won, they were near identical. It had no bearing on the outcome. I'm surprised that anybody listens to pre-match interviews these days, it's like they've all been written by the same person.

The biggest difference this season is that I think we've got worse and they have got better. I don't see a midfield that will contest theirs, and I don't see a consistency on the wings and behind Cosgrove that will produce anything against a superior team than we've faced recently. Our best midfield at the moment seems to include Leigh, which means Considine is left back. As bad as that sounds, it's probably better than a midfield where we're forced to play Vyner and Campbell, both of whom cover significantly less ground than will be required against the hun. The lesser of two evils perhaps, but not a great choice. The Bryson signing, especially, is looking like a bad bit of business but perhaps a tad unlucky with Ojo.

What he says isn't as important as why he says it.

You can draw comparisons with his previous comments all you like. The far bigger issue is whether the man is fit for purpose. Given how you all sang for McInnes twice at Hampden in the last year, I'm guessing the majority of you do think he's worth pursuing with, just like the outgoing chairman does.

It would be boring if we all thought the same. Time will tell if you were all right.

His comments weren't great, but for all his supposed defeatist attitude he managed three victories over them last season. One might be a fluke, two possibly a bit lucky, but not three. He must have had them believing in the dressing room before those games.

Reading between the lines, I think what his message actually was is that his players looked at the old firm before a ball was kicked this season and were beaten before kick-off because they didn't believe they could match them. He's basically saying "aye, on paper they might be better, but get wired in and you might be able to pull off a result like last season."

That's my take anyway. I'm making the trip up for it - can see it being 2-2.

It's cool. It's in the Record. I won't provide a link.

The stuff being written is in quotes, but it doesn't say when he said it and to whom. Or provide video linkage of him saying it. I'm not saying that the Record is a disgusting shite-rag that can't be trusted, but I would like to see it being said from our manager's mouth before I write to AFC in disgust. It's very JC that one like. Very JC indeed.

Aye, exactly the same as the Record story. Did he give the same interview to two journalists? Or was it in his press conference but not aired? McInnes, for all his shite tactics, is generally quite astute with dealings in the media. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a re-gurgitated interview from a year ago or something. It disnae sit right. Unforgivably stupid thing to say in the lead up to a match against the scum if true.