Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons V St Mirren (Match Thread)

WTF 5pm the evening before a game and no match thread.

Being on the other side of the world is no excuse Manc  :laughing:

Had the misfirtune to be at the away game earlier this season, absolutely horrific.

Think tomorrow's game will be a better occassion and we'll bag the three points

Out

Golf

Hopefully picking up a stream

Out for curry and beers

3-0 (Cosgrove, McGinn & Anderson)

Apologies, its been a busy week.

Last weekend was thoroughly uninspiring which wasn't fair on the fans or consi. Deserved more than that. Hopefully everyone gets what they want (apart from the saints) and we see a consi winner. Be nice for him to do in front of the home crowd. Dm needs to go for jugular.

Out

Bed

Bed

Bed

2-0, Cosgrove and mcginn

Hopefully Vyner replaces Logan now that he's fit again. Ojo's continued absence probably means Consi staying at left back and Leigh continuing in midfield. But I'm advocating dropping Devlin and replacing him with big Gash....yes that's how bad I think Devlin has been for the past year.

Out

4-0 (Main x 2, Hedges, McKenna)

We’ll score inside 5 minutes, dominate till half time without scoring again. Be denied 4 “ stonewall” penalties Bryson will be fucked.

DM to change it and put on Cerny for big Sam and Gash for McGinn.

We’ll salvage a 2-2 draw in the 8th minute of added time, Cormack to storm the dressing room and yell at the team for an hour.

Desk to say we “battled well” for a deserved point

We're in for tomorrow.

Looking forward to a good win, but think St Mirren will be well up for it and give us a tough game, we should be OK if we attack as they do look suspect at the back.

Gash for Devlin, decent enough shout. Gash was fine enough for us first time around, no idea why we resigned him though, but that's not for this thread, but I reckon he will stick with Devlin and McKenna though and sadly Considine at LB with Leigh in midfield, unless Vyner is back for this one??

3-1 Considine, Sam  and Hedges.

After last weeks dross could not motivate myself to head up the road today. Probably means we will win 4-0.

Folk advocating return of Taylor need their heads seeing to. Better playing with 10 than giving that clown a game.

Out

Daughters dance classes

Local non league games all off so soccer Saturday for me or Hibs v Killie.

Flat

2-0 Cosgrove McGinn

We were looking good until they scored after we missed a few sitters, no composure in our game now.

Is there any reason for Jon Gallagher to ever be on the pitch when Connor McLennan is fit?

McLennan has been pap in nearly every game he's played for us. Also, we were playing a back 3 today with Gallagher supposed to be a wing back. We were significantly better when mcginn moved there in the second half mind you, but mainly because mcginn was shite in the middle and Gallagher's one attribute is his fitness and runs from deep to make space for others.

Once again McInnes plays a back three ahead of a game against the scum, with the clear intent of playing that way against them. It was fucking awful. We clearly can't play that way and especially when considine isn't in the centre of the three, exposing his lack of pace out wider. We'll get destroyed by the hun if we attempt today's shite against them. Especially if Campbell plays too, he's nae close to being ready yet. I expect we'll see the back 3 again on Wednesday despite today's game proving it doesn't work. We're a midfielder short definitely. Vyner looked okay when he moved into midfield, but left huge gaps as he's nae nearly mobile enough.

We made that tougher than needed. St Mirren had a chance very early doors, but then after it was all us and we scored then should have had at leat one other before St Mirren equalised and after which we laboured away, getting the second goal through good work from Hedges and a good finish from McGinn.

Tactical tombola was out today again and if we line up with a back three against the zombies then I seriously hope Cormack makes his first big decision and gets rid of him.

I thought today was the type of game where Main would have done well up front with Cosgrove, as St Mirren defence wouldn't have handled his direct up and at them style.

I was never a big fan of Sam, but the boy is a different player from the one we signed near two years ago and wouldn't be surprised if there are bids for him in the summer. A good finish from him today from the opener, possibly should have had another, but he is certainly on fire at the moment.

Gallagher I just don't see the point of. If Rico doesn't think Campbell is ready yet, then fuck knows what Gallagher is as I just don't see a footballer in him, yes he allegedly has pace, but we should be looking for better players than that and will not improve with guys like that in our squad, let alone the team and hope he is not a sign of things to come.

Edit - Forgot to say a big well done to Joe for the double save at the penalty. He is the one class player in our team.

Brrr freezing today, thought we did okay in bits of game, but defence still looking shaky.

Big improvement today from McGinn (thought he was miles off pace at Perth), Cosgrove led line well & was a continual menace to Saints.

St.Mirren actually played quite well & arguably deserved a draw, great penalty save by big Joe.

Hard fought 3 points.

M.o.t.m Cosgrove.

:thumbsup:

Same scenario as when accountants run businesses Kow

Both correct but with provisos;

If the chairman can't communicate with and question the manager, the culture is wrong.

In the case of a manager being incompetent, the simple questioning of him may be enough to expose his inadequacy, particularly if his insecurity makes him take it the wrong way, an insecurity rightly held. Thousands of fans can often see reality better than the shit manager can and a chairman by nature has skills which most of us "ordinary folk" don't have so there is no reason why he wouldn't be able to see it too.

Accountants running businesses is more clear cut (as a concept to discuss and define).

The "model" of many successful businesses includes a "triangle" of three people at the top of the "pyramid", a Managing Director flanked by two "employees", the Sales Director and the Finance Director. That's simplistic I know, as there are operational, logistical, HR, legal, administrative and other requirements which can be represented at director level but the bottom line is that without sales (bringing the money in) and financial management (making sure it's not pissing out the back door), the ship's fucked.

The M.D. normally comes with either a sales or finance background. If he's too tight arsed a bean-counter, he will inhibit revenue. If he's too oriented towards sales without understanding the value of fiscal prudence, it will die a totally different death.